September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper in Bare to be Bold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Perfect nude shade - pale, not too pink, not too orange. Moisturizing formula. Only thing I don't like is it does not last. At all. Gorgeous shade though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick really does 'nude' out your lips. It has a sheer nude texture and it looks dead if you don't combine it with heavier eye make up. Great texture, great packaging. I recommend using it on fair, medium or 'blonde tan'skin, on darker skins it might look fake and cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I bought this lipstick because I was in the market for a true nude, but was a but too scared to wear a full on one. Some nudes (case in point nude delight by rimmel) come off as more light pink/orange on me rather than nude. The color of this lipstick so pale, that it makes the other nude in the collection look like an orange based pink, but the lipstick itself is very sheer. Swatched on your hand you can't see it, but on your lips it makes just enough difference. I think this color would be perfect for me if it was a tad more pigmented (so I took off one lippie), but I do love the color. I will admit, if you layer the lipstick enough, it does closely reach the intensity that it is tube. The problem with that is that you do waste a bit more product, but this lipstick is really good if you're looking to lightly mute the natural color of your lips (richard chai used this in a runway look earlier this year on youtube that really shows it)
I'm not 100% sure if I'll repurchase. I know I love it enough to finish the entire tube quickly, and the balm formula makes it so easy to apply. I may take the jump and look for a lipstick in this shade in the future.
Edit. The more I have this, the more I love how fullproof it is. It's really great for day or night because the actual tone of the lipstick is nude/pale enough for my skintone, while the sheer pigmentation of the lipstick allows you to build up the color. Although I'm still looking for more nudes I will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by slkeeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The texture is lovely and sheer and moisturizing, no strong smell or taste, but this color is much paler on than I expected. For reference, my favorite "YLBB" lip colors are NYX matte lip cream in Stockholm, and Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle. This "Bare to Be Bold" gave my lips a pale frosty tone, when I was expecting a nice sheer nude lip color. I tried it on a couple of separate days, but I just didn't dig the muted pale lip thing that was going on. I would try other colors from this line, but I tossed this one in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick, it's very sheer, moisturizing, not drying, it's like my lips, but better. I definitely would buy this product again. And the smell is very pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kweigand

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

really like this a lot - color is sheer, but moisturizing, not drying as many nudes. will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Wow, I did not expect this to mute out my lips soooo much. I expected something closer to Revlon's Creamsicle, but this came off more as a full on nude lippie on my naturally rosey brown lips. I mean I was thinking of picking up MAC Creme de Nude, but if I decide I really like this, there is no need for that. The thing I am worried about is at first few applications (without full face proper makeup), this came off a bit more Myth than Creme de Nude, and on me, Myth = concealer lips on me. To truly judge this long term, I need to play with different looks. And if my opinion sways more one way or the other, I will update accordingly. But as of now, I am on the fence. The quality & comfort of the lipstick as well as that fact that this $6 lipstick can work the job of more expensive lines make me comfortable giving it a 4 for now. How well this color works on my NW20 skin with almost black hair, brown eyes has yet to be determined.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bare to be Bold is a beige nude with the slightest hint of pink. I think it's the pink, sheerness, and glossiness that makes this shade a wearable nude for all skintones. Although, personally, I find that this is one is sheerer than the others Color Whispers I own (Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, and Lust for Blush), hence the rating of a 4. It has light pigmentation and it's not as buildable as the others either.
It works for my NC30-35 skintone, but it's not my favorite nude lipstick (that would be MAC Blankety).
It glides on smoothly and lasts for a few hours, but I don't mind reapplication. It's also not very moisturizing, so I recommend you wear a lip balm underneath, but please note that Maybelline doesn't claim these to be moisturizing, nor do they claim these to be pigmented, so you can't blame them for its lack of moisturizing ingredients and pigments!
It retails for $6-$7.