April 19, 2014 | 1266 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper in Coral Ambition

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love peaches & corals all year long. Most of my collection is varying shades of this as a matter of fact; so naturally this was my first pick out of the whispers. Unfort, it wasnt what I was expecting. My lips are very lightly (barely) pigmented naturally & this goes on extremely pastel almost neon. I could deal with orange even, but this was a very childish bright shocking coral on me. Ofcourse, I could apply lightly (single coat) but this wouldnt give much/any color payoff. I can see it getting even more barbie-ish on me as I get tan over the summer. It may work for some but for me its a pass.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the Color Whisper line, I bought this and PinUp Peach, and find that this one is very smooth and goes on well but leaves me looking a little dead. It's kind of pale on me for some reason. Still wearable but not as corally as I'd expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

My favorite coral lip product. I got this after I saw it mentioned in a video by Amarixe. Web have the same skin tone, so I can always trust her options. This is so wearable. Great for spring and summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like this product!!! It gives what the name says- a whisper of color. I do wish it gave just a smidge more color though. It is a nice color though- very sheen and not too out there and 'in your face'. It goes on like a dream. Very silky. I love the sleek packaging!! Too cute. Will repurchase for the warm months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

This color is seriously gorgeous! I'm obsessed. It's not too orangey of a coral and I love the soft glossy color it gives. This is the only Color Whisper I have ever tried but I love it and I am definitely interested in trying more. I always hesitated because I love my Revlon lip butters. The effect is very similar of a Revlon lip butter (soft, glossy, natural-looking color) but the consistency is not as thick. These do not last the longest but I never expected it to. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lindsey2552

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know, I know it says colour WHISPER but I was hoping for more colour then it gave. Perhaps I have too much natural pigment in my lips, but I can barely see a change in colour. My other issue is that if I don't use a lip conditioner for a week straight before using this it makes my lips look flakey and dry but I use a different lip colour and I don't get that at all. I would not buy it again, but I do LOVE their colour sensation lipstick, creates fabulous colour that doesn't look dry and it even stains the lips slightly after you remove it but it looks really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Really pretty soft peach/pink coral as opposed to a redder/more orange coral. This is great for those of us who love the idea of coral, but have a hard time pulling it off. I am still trying to gauge whether I can make this work on me. Sometimes it looks so soft and wonderful, other times it looks a bit to peachy for my pink based skin tone. I do think that once I get some sun and fully switch to my summer makeup routine this will be a great addition. I am hoping this will be as easy to wear in summer & my one stop lipstick shop in summer the way Lust for Blush was in winter. The only thing that is bugging me slightly is that if you have not perfectly clean/smooth lips, this will catch on stuff and look beaded. I will see how that plays out. But for now this is a 5 for the pretty color alone and the summer ease. I am NW20 (pink in my skin), almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by amandamorgan

UPDATE: I've figured out the reason this sucked so much. I was relying on this to moisturize my lips. This color looks great when I apply a clear balm beforehand. Somehow with the clear base the coral pops more. I like the way it looks a lot. I would add a lippie for sure!

I don't like these this much. I'm really disappointed because I've heard great things. It's so greasy on my lips. It doesn't stay on, and is really hard to build. I love the color. Swatched on my hand I'm obsessed. This just doesn't work for me, but I'm going to try a different color and see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm borderline obsessed with the Whisper right now! Lust for Blush was my first purchase...which started my obsession. Perfect with my fair skin and blue eyes. I don't mind having to reapply after 2 hours, because I love the look, feel and texture so much. Another color that makes blue eyes pop is Cherry On Top. Nice pigmentation, as well. I now have Lust For Blush, Rose Of Attraction, Coral Ambition, Cherry On Top & Pin Up Peach. It's unusual for me to love every color in a particular line equally...but I can almost say that about this line. My next purchase will be Pink Possibilities. If you like a weightless feel on your lips, you need to check these out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

I have 6 Color Whispers, and I like this one. Coral lips are really in for Spring, so I was excited to try this one. It is sheer, though it isn't coral on my lips. On my lips, it is a baby pink with a hit of orange, which disappointed me. All shades of this product are sheer, soft, and moisturizing.