Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after watching an emilynoel83 video a year or two ago - this color was so gorgeous on her! I own 4-5 lip butters between these and the Revlon ones, and wasn't a huge fan of them until recently. Initially I felt that it was too slippery and caused the color to travel immediately to the edges of my lips. I don't know what changed, but I don't seem to have this problem with them anymore. This color is beautiful petal pink - probably the only color like this I can pull off. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this summer and chose to wear this. It was beautiful in the pictures and perfectly complemented the dress and bouquet. Definitely an HG lip color for me!

on 5/23/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite lipsticks, pigmented but subtle. Very creamy and the packaging is strong and secure. Always a purse necessity for on the go. Had it for years, no odd smells or change in texture. Love it!

on 2/28/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

The butter lipsticks/glosses are my current obsession.... I love the Revlon, I love the Maybelline, I love the new Almay ones.

Yes, most of Revlon's are heavier and have more color payoff. But for the Maybelline Color Whisper, Pin Up Peach is great! I am pretty neutral, leaning a bit toward cool. I love peaches and corals but often have trouble with them appearing or turning orange on me (not good). I have gone through and discarded a lot of peach lippies for this reason.

Pin Up Peach is a very pretty, very soft peach color without any orange...wish they'd tell me how they did that! This is my go-to lip for summer (wear with a natural eye, usually gold or rose-gold, and peachy blush). Has a soft, shimmery look but not greasy or overly glossy/goopy.

I actually like that these wear off completely and don't leave icky partial traces. Yeah, they don't wear real well, but that's par for this type of product. I suspect that the prevalence of long-wear lip products has led people to expect longer wear; as I can't use anything labeled long-wear (allergic), not an issue for me.

I first bought this over the Revlon Lip Butters (which beat these out the window btw!) because these were really cute in packaging. Needless to say, that is where my love for them ends. These are reeeeally slippery on the lips and barely last atall (1 hour max).
Speaking about this particular shade, it is gorgeous, but it is too sheer. Its doesn't show up on my lips and I have medium pigmented lips. (NC40) This is in no way a lipstick, it is more of a tinted lip balm where the 'balm' part sucks. It leaves lips dryer than before application once it wears off and feels gritty? I am so sad I cannot rave about these like others. Didnt work for me, and so wouldn't recommend or repurchase.

on 1/8/2015 2:37:00 PM

This is currently my favorite everyday lip color. In between a tinted lip balm and lipstick. Have been using it for about 3-4 months.

Pros: Pigmented enough to show up on my pigmented lips. Makes my lips look slightly more red/pink than my actual lips. Doesn't dry out my lips. doesn't accentuate creases in my lips.

Cons: wears off very quickly (need to reapply every 1-2 hours). transfers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this after seeing some comparisons online of Revlon's lip butter in Peach Parfait and this product, Pin Up Peach. As a result, my review will reference both color whispers and lip butters. :)

As I (and many others) mentioned in my review of Peach Parfait, it is a very pretty peachy-pink color but loaded with glitter that is visible on the lips. I purchased this Maybelline product hoping it would be a similar color minus the glitter.

Revlon's Peach Parfait is definitely more peachy and ever so slightly darker, while Maybelline's Pin Up Peach is more pinky (the blog iknowallthewords.com has a picture comparison--not affiliated). The Maybelline product applies very smoothly and feels lighter and more moisturizing on the lips than a Revlon lip butter. On me, the lip butters last much longer (can still have a stain on the lips at the end of the day), while this Color Whisper needs to be reapplied and will wear off easily if drinking, eating, etc. Pin Up Peach has a nice sheen and slight shimmery appearance but lacks the atrocious visible glitter found in Peach Parfait. So if you were one that loved the color of Peach Parfait but hated the glitter, you won't find a perfect dupe in Pin Up Peach, but you may find a product you are still very happy with.

For reference, I am NW10-15ish, and on me Pin Up Peach looks natural but brightening. I can't imagine any skintones this would not work well for, and at a low price and easily found, it is certainly worth a try for anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a plethora of lipsticks, lip crayons, glosses, balms and butters ranging from wet'n'wild to MAC and I gotta say that this is definitely one of my favs! It's got the perfect sheen without looking too glossy and it doesn't look chalky like a matte. It's moisturizing yet it doesn't feel like a creamy/heavy lipstick and the color is a mix of peachy pinky coral but on the more natural side that I think will compliment many skin tones. If you want a pretty color on your lips without it looking too obvious and one to wear everyday without breaking the bank, then do yourself a favor and give this one a try

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color for everyday. It's slightly hydrating and oddly, I really like the smell of it. It has a slightly floral but also chemical-y smell, but it's not strong at all, so don't worry. The staying power isn't the greatest, but I think that's to be expected for sheer lipstick like this. I was more than happy to keep reapplying this. Yes, I have finished up a tube and have every intention of repurchasing this, that is, until I finish some of my other lipsticks in my collection.

on 5/22/2014 11:37:00 AM

I love this color!! I own quite a few of the color whispers and this is definitely my go to one! Since I can't wear anything too out there for work, it works perfectly and isn't too shocking. I like that its glossy and not too heavy and has helped me transition from glosses to lipsticks. I like that it's universal for many skin tones too. I'm rather fair in the winter and can get pretty tan in the summer and I can wear it year round! When I run out of this color, I'll definitely buy another!

on 5/15/2014 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lovely. I was hoping to find an alt to the Revlon butters because they just feel odd on my lips after a while. This feels nice and I love the color. I think these may be my replacements.

Recommended for Medium Skin