November 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a plethora of lipsticks, lip crayons, glosses, balms and butters ranging from wet'n'wild to MAC and I gotta say that this is definitely one of my favs! It's got the perfect sheen without looking too glossy and it doesn't look chalky like a matte. It's moisturizing yet it doesn't feel like a creamy/heavy lipstick and the color is a mix of peachy pinky coral but on the more natural side that I think will compliment many skin tones. If you want a pretty color on your lips without it looking too obvious and one to wear everyday without breaking the bank, then do yourself a favor and give this one a try

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh ... why did I sleep on this shade? It's a raspberry-peach and it brightens me up in a instant. I love the formula and this shade is so pretty. A few swipes and it's a fresh put together kind of look. Pin Up Peach is a unique shade, it looks like it would be a "hard to find" color. It is an easy product to work with because the formula is so forgiving and you don't need a mirror to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great color for everyday. It's slightly hydrating and oddly, I really like the smell of it. It has a slightly floral but also chemical-y smell, but it's not strong at all, so don't worry. The staying power isn't the greatest, but I think that's to be expected for sheer lipstick like this. I was more than happy to keep reapplying this. Yes, I have finished up a tube and have every intention of repurchasing this, that is, until I finish some of my other lipsticks in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this color!! I own quite a few of the color whispers and this is definitely my go to one! Since I can't wear anything too out there for work, it works perfectly and isn't too shocking. I like that its glossy and not too heavy and has helped me transition from glosses to lipsticks. I like that it's universal for many skin tones too. I'm rather fair in the winter and can get pretty tan in the summer and I can wear it year round! When I run out of this color, I'll definitely buy another!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely. I was hoping to find an alt to the Revlon butters because they just feel odd on my lips after a while. This feels nice and I love the color. I think these may be my replacements.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by astrogoob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I can't believe this color doesn't have more rave reviews. This color is a great accent to my already pigmented lips, a warm pinky coral with inoffensive shimmer. The color whispers are like an upgraded baby lips - great for a wash of color and a more natural, feminine look, at least in this shade. Lasting time isn't great, but it isn't supposed to be! Great thing is you don't need a mirror to reapply, and the product doesn't weigh on your lips heavily. This is my go-to lip color for every day, and I work in an environment where I cant look too 'out there'. With this, I can fit in and still be feminine. Also, I find doesn't add or detract from my lips' moisture. I am almost out, so this is one of those products I'll actually repurchase because I love it and it happens to be useful.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

If you have pigmented lips like me I wouldn't recommend this. This color is buildable though BUT its only good for display. You can't touch them or else they will rub off or streak. You cant eat or drink with these on. So if you have pigmented lips like me I wouldn't look into these. The color did look very pretty. It looked coral on me but on other people it will look different depending on your lip color. Also there isn't much product in the lipsticks and they were pretty pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for moisturizing, buttery lipstick that does not dry out, smell weird or is expensive. And this is perfect! After reading so many good reviews about this lipstick (in few magazines, from stylists) I had to try it. I got this shade at Target for $5.99 (CVS sells it for $11.99) and I love it. Love the look of pachaging, love the color. It's more like pinky red, with slight peach undertone. It washes off fast, but I don't mind. I just love the fact that this lipstick is moisturizing, as well.
Color Whisper reminds me of Sephoras lipsticks, except Maybelline ones do not stink.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this. I'm not a big lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick fan, because everything dries my lips out (yes even lip balm makes my lips worse), but I found myself reaching for this product everyday.

The packaging is cute. I really like lip products with this sort of tube. The color payoff is great!! I put on 1-2 layers, and it always looks smooth, feels buttery, and gives any makeup look a nice, natural deep pink lip (not peach though which is why the name is deceiving).

It does go in the cracks of my lips sometimes, but what product doesn't after a while? I'm ok with it, since it seems to last quite a while, and I don't mind reapplying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Very nice lip product- definitely a great buy!
I own three Color Whispers, including Pin-Up Peach. The title is deceiving, however; Pin-Up Peach is not at all peach, rather a reddish pink color. It seems bright when you first look at it, but it's actually a sheer color, and it really is flattering. It gave my lips a very light tint; enough to see the color well, yet also enough to keep it at a wearable level. It's not super bold, making it a very wearable color. The color is pretty buildable to an extent, and lasted a decent amount of time on my lips.
I really love the feel of this and all other Color Whispers; Pin Up Peach feels very smooth, not sticky at all, and moisturizing. I wouldn't say that it has any lasting moisturizing effect on your lips once you take it off, but while you keep it on, it almost feels like a lipbalm! It's very buttery-feeling, and doesn't have the tendency to dry. The finish of it is beautiful; Pin Up Peach doesn't look overdone or super lipstick-y. It looks slightly satin-finish, but hardly so. Very natural and lightweight.
The staying power didn't impress me at all; I did have to reapply this often, and it comes off very, very easily. That was probably the only real downside to Pin Up Peach and the rest of the Color Whispers; they lack performance in the longevity section. That's why I'm marking it down a lipstick. To be honest, its wimpy longevity doesn't bother me all too much, but it's still something that detracts from the quality of these products.
Pin Up Peach is very affordable; $6, I believe. The packaging is very cool; it resembles the Revlon Lip Butter packaging in terms of the tube, and it's very convenient and easy. The cap doesn't slip off! I liked this product overall, and I'd definitely recommend!