July 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - FLOWER Beauty - Face the World

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by avidswapper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a tinted moisturizer that has a light level of coverage and doesn't break me out. I am a mineral makeup user with increasingly dry combination skin and I think my skin needs a break from the minerals and something more hydrating. Enter Flower About Face. I love the tube (very hygenic), love the yellow tones, like the coverage (light, enough to blur imperfections and soften redness), but that's where the positivity ends. I wore it for two consecutive days and by the end of the second day I had little red bumps forming all over my face. I also found it was sort of patchy looking, and it oxidized to a more orange shade than it came out of the tube. Oh well. I really wanted to love this.

EDIT: I tried TM3, which was a little pale at first, but oxidized too orange later. I'm usually the lightest to second lightest in any brand, and olive toned (hard to match).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In love with this !!! It has coverage which is a bonus, and I love the color range. Very 'yellow tone friendly' and it feels moisturizing. Good staying elasticity

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hoping that this would work for me because I like the Flower Brand BB cream but wanted something more sheer and natural looking. I've used tinted moisturizers in the past that I liked that were expensive and was hoping I could find a cheaper version, but I don't see myself repurchasing this. The good things about this product are that the shades are sheer enough I can see them working for various skin tones and they didn't oxidize on my rather oily skin or break me out. I understand people complaining about the lack of spf but spf often breaks out my skin so I would rather apply that in a different step and am happy its absent from this product. However, I find that when applying it I have a great difficulty blending it. I purchased the shades 2 and 4 and the odd thing is that they have a different consistency. 2 goes on very tacky. I actually have a problem with it drying before I can blend it in and using face lotion under it doesn't help. I have also noticed that it settles into my pores, especially on my nose, which is not flattering. 4, on the other hand, also dries fast but is not nearly as tacky and is more runny and sheer with the result that its coverage is not as good. Im not sure which I prefer, but I don't really like the consistency of either. At least both stop being tacky once on and dry. They do cling to small patches of dry skin and don't seem moisturizing. I have slightly oily skin so thats not a problem for me but dry skin users may want to look for something more hydrating. Without a lotion underneath I noticed that they settle somewhat into fine lines though not horribly. They don't really flatter all that much. I find they make the skin slightly dull, not glowy. As others have said coverage is not much but I didn't expect that, it being a tinted moisturizer and not a bb cream. UPDATE:I'm removing another lippie because this stuff is often like spreading glue around on my face and settles into pores badly and clings to dry spots and is really bad for covering any red spots or acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product pretty much the same way that most people use foundation....no it doesn't cover as much as a foundation, but if there is anything extra I need to cover I follow up with Flower's skincognito stick. I love love love this product. It really evens out skin tone, and gives a great glowy look without actually looking like makeup. It really is your skin, only better. I'm sure that Flower's liquid foundation is also great but I haven't really needed to use it since this provides me with what I need. I use shade 4. I do wish it was a bit cheaper..it's like eleven dollars for a bottle and they aren't big, BUT I can't really complain because that's cheaper than other high end brands, and I believe this does have just as much quality as a high end brand. This is better than Aveeno's tinted moisturizer and I have heard raves about that, so i had tried it a couple times and wasnt that impressed. And Aveeno's is sixteen dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love this tm. I use it in tm10, which is a tad too light, but since it's so sheer, it doesn't make me look ghostly or anything. The coverage is so natural and sheer. It evens out the slight redness my skin has. I would say if you are looking for medium-full coverage, you wouldn't be a fan of this. However, if you have only minor flaws, this stuff is the jam!!!! It has a skin like finish that is not too dewy nor too matte, just like skin. I was also surprised at the fact that I don't have to set this with powder. With powder, it looks makeup-y, without it, it retains the beautiful natural finish. And it stays in place. I work in a restaurant and I live in a humid state, so for a tinted moisturizer that has no claims of being long lasting to have such great staying power is phenomenal! It's a bit pricey for drugstore, but really worth it. It also hasn't broken out my sensitive skin. Yay!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

Like this but it is a bit sticky

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by DaniePaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

May I begin this review by saying I have been using this product for a week.
Based on that I can give you this information:
-This is very light coverage
-The pale shade is pale enough for the very very fair, which is a major problem in the TM market
-It wears until you take it off
-It feels and looks like skin
-It does not oxidize
This is the first tinted moisturizer I have tried, and I love it. Due to some changes in my life I have been wearing much less makeup. I am personally of the opinion that covering acne with makeup makes it more noticeable. So, what I wished this tinted moisturizer to do was cover some of my redness to make my acne less noticeable and make my skin look a bit brighter. This will not completely hide redness, but it sort-of blends it into your skin, leaving a nice rosy glow. This shows no signs that the wearer has makeup on, which is my favorite part.

WHY DID I RATE IT HOW I DID?
The overall rating: This does the job of a tinted moisturizer and worked perfectly for my needs.
Price: This, as most tinted moisturizers is a little more on the expensive side of drugstore cosmetics.
Packaging: I personally love the aesthetic, the packaging shows the real color of the product and the rose-gold trim is very classy. The squeeze tube is convenient, and doesn't dispense too much.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lilsherman030

Obsessed with this product! I am not a big fan of drugstore makeup but this one hit the spot! Love the yellow base but it's not too yellow. I am southeast Asian so my skin is darker but I still have yellow undertones. I wear TM9 & it's a perfect match. I have little to no flaws so i like minimal coverage but I like makeup that brightens my skin up. I have been wearing Benefit Oxygen foundation but it's a little too heavy for the summer. If you need more coverage this may not be for you but if you want something low maintenance will just the right glow, you'll love this! I use my urban decay optical blurring brush to apply, swipe Benefit Coralista blush, & top it off with MAC Mineralized skinfinish. My skin looks fresh & glowy all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It took me awhile to obtain a liking of this product but I do like it. It smells slightly like the Maybelline BB cream. (I think that's what I'm thinking of). I felt like this was a little sticky on my face but it wasn't extremely annoying. When I first fully covered my face, I noticed there wasn't much coverage. I then put on another layer and it actually covered my face really well. This tinted moisturizer has some of the best coverage I've seen in tinted moisturizers. I've tried some elf ones and wet 'n' wild but this one goes on smoothly and definitely evens out the skin tone. It doesn't irritate the skin which is a huge plus.

Also! I put some powder over top of it when it was a little more dry because when you first put it on, it is extremely moist. This seems pretty good for days when you are just going to the store real quick or hanging out with some friends.

I may or may not purchase this again considering I'm not huge on using these but I wanted to get this just for the heck of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only had this a few days, but I am already absolutely in love with this product! I was a little bit dubious about a tinted moisturizer, being that I like medium coverage foundations. But I'd been having trouble with dry skin, and my previously beloved Hard Candy foundation was sitting in the dry patches. So, I decided to give this a try on a whim.
The coverage is actually fairly good, better than expected. It tones down my mild to moderate rosacea quite nicely. It tones down (but doesn't totally cover) broken capillaries on my nose. It does more than I would expect, coverage wise.
But it still feels and looks very light, fresh, and natural! The color doesn't collect in my dry patches, and I don't have to be super scrupulous about blending, blending, blending. I went a bit darker than I would have expected, TM3, due to it being a tinted moisturizer, and not so solid in coverage.
I am extremely impressed with this product. After reading some info about the FLOWER Beauty company, I discovered why. Instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money on ridiculous advertising, Drew Barrymore and company use that money to create high end products and sell them at affordable prices. BRILLIANT. Also, they don't test on animals, and are made in the USA.
What else can I say? I am very excited to try more FLOWER Beauty products!!!