Juicy Couture Couture La La

3.3

on 7/21/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love it! Been wearing it for several days in a row, which is unusual for me. This is the lightest, mildest, softest of the Juicy Couture line (that I've tried) -- and it works great in the hot sultry 90's summer heat we've been having.

It's very mellow, mild, limpid, and lovely. Uplifting, relaxing, soothing, very feminine. Breezy, for sure -- something I can definitely picture wearing at the beach (ditto its flanker Couture La La *Malibu*, even moreso -- I wrote separate review).

Launched in 2012, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Green apple, Currant, Mandarin, Water hyacinth
Heart Notes - Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom, Peony, Violet leaf
Base Notes - Woods, Musk

There is fortunately no white-floral headiness (like original JC's gardenia), no jarring sharpness, no crispness, and no tart edge whatsoever -- not powdery either, like Couture Couture.

It's more floaty -- on the watery-airy side -- and it's not too sweet (no caramel or vanilla). The fruits are clean & light, the florals are all watery and light in nature -- with some soft musk added. It smells like a softly-scented languid summer breeze.

I'd put this in the same general ballpark as Daisy Eau So Fresh and maybe Lucky You -- simple, soft, light, fresh, slightly musky.

The color of the juice is a delicate peachy pink, and the bottle is gorgeous, with pink ribbon and charms on the crystal-shaped cap. It's just right for hot summer weather. I spray freely -- it's so refreshing, understated, & pretty -- and I don't need to worry about overwhelming.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for super cheap at TJ Maxx. It's not my favorite. It's pretty every day and dupable. I like my fragrances a little darker and more complex... Or at the very least a bit more interesting. This is just... There.

on 1/1/2015 11:42:00 PM

I received this bottle as a gift for Christmas and I'm glad I didn't buy it myself. It is a lovely bottle and scent,but It just isn't something "new". The scent life is terrible and based on many reviews I have seen, i can see why it is similar to Clinique happy. Clean floral scent.

on 12/12/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I first tested this, top notes I noticed were orange, green apple, and a light floral.

Middle notes~musk arrives, and green apple and light floral are left in the background. Didn't smell orange at that point.

Drydown~musk wanes, and a very soft and subdued green apple take the lead.

Crisp, fresh, clean fragrance from top notes to Drydown.

It is a pleasant fragrance; however, isn't one I will purchase.

on 9/29/2014 5:30:00 PM

This perfume reminds me of Clinique Happy. I bought it like 2 years ago and it barely has a dent in it. I'm trying to use it up right now and it feels like a chore. I find the scent kinda boring and it only lasts a short while on me. I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/25/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the scent. Not the most original fragrance ever, but I want something basic and pleasant for everyday wear. The problem is that this has NO staying power whatsoever. I spray it on and it's gone 2 hours later. I can't really smell it after just a few minutes, but it's totally gone within a couple hours. Really disappointed in this, it feels like a waste of money to me. If I wanted something pleasant with no staying powder, I'd have gone with Demeter

on 3/6/2014 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I only have a sample of this, and my first thought was, nice, but typical. Typical everyday flowery perfume that smells just like thousands of others you've tried over the years, and I doubt anyone could guess it if you wore it out and asked someone. The lasting power is decent, and yes it smells nice and could be worn anywhere, but it's too typical for me.

on 8/7/2013 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Hate the bottle but love the scent. I agree it is a bit youthful but very clean and citrusy. I would def recommend. Reminds me of Armani Code Summer which I also love! Great from Summer! This one is also better then the original Juicy fragrance.

on 4/23/2013 11:53:00 AM

I'm surprised at these reviews. Although it could be my pheromones meshed well with this scent. I fell inlove with it. I let it sit on my inner arm and wrist for an hour before smelling it. Let's just say I can't stop smelling my arm now! I absolutely love it!

on 4/21/2013 2:01:00 PM

i know people have been critical of this fragrance, not liking it as much as some of the others from juicy... i actually liked it a lot. I liked the more fruity notes in this one the and do agree that it was aimed at a younger market. I like it either way. The bottle is so classy and beautiful, however it was rather pricey. I will buy it again, but I try to use it sparingly considering the cost. I think its worth a try, everyone is different and we know that farmones can change the way it smells from one person to the next. <3

Popular Fragrances