April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Hydrating Argan Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

I bought this in the undocumented version in both the large tin and the travel size tin. The large is 4.6 oz. The travel is nice to have in your purse for lips, cuticles, hair taming, etc. My small size is a but gritty, but if you smooth it between your fingers it melts. Not sure if before I got that one if it either got heated in the mail truck, or perhaps the opposite. My large tin is smooth, yet form, you just run the top of your nails across and collect some balm on top and then use. It's not as moisturizing on the lips as my Paula's Choice lip balm, but it is just as versatile and there's more of it to use all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Miles and Miles better than lush's Ultra Balm that one is so gritty. I've tried a lot of other products like this, my search went on and on, I finally found this at Sephora. I picked it up and I love it! It's very thick, rich and oily. I use it all over my face. It eventually sinks in unlike vaseline. This is a natural alternative to vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Oh how I love thee...ok, too dramatic I know but this product is amazing! I received a sample size awhile back from when I ordered some argan oil from JM's site. This sample sized turned out to be 1 oz, which is pretty big considering you only need a little to get the job done.

I am a sucker for hydrating products as well as faithful user of argan oil. When I 1st received this, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I went to QVC.com and checked out this product there and low and behold there was a video on it. Josie showed how you literally just stick your finger in the center and push the product around to " loosen" it from its solid form. Once rubbed between your hands it emulsifies.

I have used this on my feet, on my cuticles, on my face even and the residual product that is left on my hands, I run it through my hair. I feel and look hydrated, my skin is soft, my hair is shiny ( not greasy). I've even used this on my lips as a moisturizer. I love that this argan balm is in a compact form ,so virtually no mess. I love to keep a can of this in my purse.

This product does deeply hydrate dry skin all the while sinking into the skin not just sitting on top. I eventually ran out of my sample size and happen to watching QVC, when they had 2 full size balms in yummy scents for less than $50 for both. This was a steal considering this f/s product retails in the $40's for 1. I placed my order for auto delivery as I don't ever want to be without!

Love, love, love this product...hope she comes out with diff scents soon. For those of you that are scent sensitive, the original is scentless so no worries...give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by patricew

This is my first product with argan oil and I love it. It comes in a big tin with a screw on lid. It is solid to creamy depending on room temperature. It absorbs well after a few minutes and doesn't feel greasy. I use it morning and night for my hands, nails and cuticles, and feet. In the winter I'm sure that I will love it on my face as well, but in the summer it is a bit too heavy for that unless you have extremely dry skin. I love the packaging although it is too large to lug around in my purse. It would be nice if it could come in a travel size as well. I will definitely re-purchase. It is expensive ($42 at Sephora) but worth it, IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by taylod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. It's like a thick paste (hence the "balm"). I put it all over my face at night and I swear the lines look reduced in the morning. I use it on my cuticles, heels, elbows, lips... I mix a tiny bit with powder eyeshadow for my winter-dry eyelids. It seems expensive but a little goes a long way. I like that it's unscented.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so so dreamy!!! HEAVENLY!!! I love it for my feet, hands, and elbows...Also works to smooth out any roughness or stretch marks!! A staple item in my Josie collection :) NOT GREASY AT ALL !!!