Josie Maran Cosmetics Josie Maran Argan Gentle Exfoliating Powder

3.0

on 5/16/2015 11:54:00 AM

I got a sample of this. While it was fun to use, it is hardly a necessity for me. It helps to exfoliate, but it is not that efficient at exfoliating, and overuse will make your skin look worse rather than better. In addition, like most Josie Maran products, it is overpriced for the value of the item.

on 1/17/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first experience with a cleansing powder. I love JMC other products so I gave this product a chance. I mix it with my cleansing oil at night twice a week.

First although this a very finely milled powder, I feel it's too abrasive for every day use. I exfoliate twice a day with my clarisonic so my face is use to exfoliation, but there is no way I'd do this exfoliating powder daily...just too rough.

Second I have the newer packaging: plastic bottle without the sifter top. I'd like the product better if it had a "flip cap" top or a nozzle top like what at home haircolor kits or some dry shampoos come in for ease of use. I feel this packaging is better then the old glass sifter, but still lacking.

Plus side, its a nice exfoliator. My skin is very smooth after use. I purchased mine a Sephora so I feels it's easy to obtain.

But I will not re-buy. I will use this for my manicures and pedicure now to help finish the bottle up. The bottle is 2 oz, but will last a long time as only a very small amount is necessary. I'm not totally giving up on powder cleanser yet, I'm plan on trying Tatcha next time.

UPDATE: this stuff definitely too harsh and rough for face use. I gave it another shot over this past week and notice some small abrasions on my forehead. (I don't having stinging with my PTR glycolic gel, but I did after using this scrub, thus minor abrasions). This has been delegated to pedicure use only now.

on 3/6/2014 9:04:00 AM

This appears to be available only on QVC. It is $35 for a 1.76 oz. glass bottle (plus $4.47 shipping) with a shaker top. I purchased this hoping it would be similar in quality to AmorePacific's Treatment Enzyme Peel, which is $60 for 2.5 oz. Not even close. I've already ordered my third bottle of the enzyme peel from Sephora. First, glass bottles in the bathroom never thrill me. This one is also just like a salt shaker, so there's almost no control over how much product comes out. Once you mix with water, the result is a gritty paste. It's not as harsh as some other exfoliants, but I definitely wouldn't characterize it as gentle.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product for those with sensitive skin! Very hard to find though-- it was exclusive to QVC and for some reason they do not sell it... Hoping it will return for the Spring/summer..... this stuff is amazing!! Very gentle and the packaging is gorgeous just like all Josie's products!!! Love the rose gold :)

Popular Scrubs