December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Treatments (Face) - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

Absolutely the worst cleanser I have used in a long time. It applies thick and greasy and won't move (I suppose this is what other reviewers refer to when they say it won't emulsify). The two layer cloth that comes with it is hard to use, it just sort of catches on your face and is difficult to move. You really have to rub and rub to get makeup off. Another reviewer mentions how stained the cloth gets and I heartily agree. Oh, and I have to use another cleanser after to remove the film from my face. Since it was so expensive I will persevere but! maybe this and the other reviews can save you some money, truly, try something else.

,,`,,,,`,-Iamsherazade- ,,`,,,,`,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Being a complete cleansing oil/balm junkie, I have tried several of them so far: MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Alpha H Cleansing Oil, Cleanser 27 and Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. All of these products have been a delight to use. I cannot say the same for this cleansing balm. It does not emulsify AT ALL. To use this product, you need to be 100% committed to the idea of not only using a cloth to remove the product from your face, but to follow up with a second cleanser as well. Even then, the filmy, greasy feeling never really goes away. I'd skip this - there are plenty of other beautifully made, much more reasonably priced cleansing balms and oils on the market now that don't require such a routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by marysucha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does not even compare to the emma hardie balm or the elemis pro collagen cleansing balm.
The main difference is that the other balms have emulsifying agents. The balm dissolve the makeup, dirt or grime and the emulsifying agents breakdown the oils.
however, lack of these emulsifying agents in the Josie Maran's balm leave a film on the skin, and you don't get that clean feeling. With other balms the make up on the washcloth rinses clean. with this one, because the makeup did not break down to begin with, it does not rinse easily either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does this take your makeup off? Sure. So does Crisco. It smells strongly of lanolin, although I can't find it listed in the ingredients. It leaves a film on your skin and the cloth is a micro-fiber cloth that soaks up stains that are impossible to remove unless you put it in the washing machine. I don't want to put my wash cloth in the washing machine every day, do you?

I like a lot of JM products and found this one disappointing. It does not dissolve like a cleansing oil. It is thick and greasy and stays that way. If that is the kind of cleanser you want you can buy a big vat of Albolene at Wlagreen's for what you pay for this stuff. And about a dozen wash cloths.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised & really love this cleanser. I was looking for an alternative to my favourite Eve Lom cleanser and came across this. I have combination skin and my skin reacts really well to it. I would probably not recommend it for oilier skin but my skin can be quite dehydrated and this cleanses & hydrates it really well. It feels really nice and creamy going on dry skin and the cloth is thick and very absorbent. After I have cleansed & patted my face with the cloth, I massage the remaining cleanser/oils into my skin and it feels plump and ready to be treated with my Vitamin C serum and moisturizer (sometimes I will even skip the moisturizer bc I feel that has moisturized my skin enough). It's pricey but feels luxurious and I love that it is sulfate and paraben-free. A winner IMO!

Ingredients -
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Beeswax, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had seen this on QVC and kept checking Sephora until they got it in, and purchased it. It's expensive ($48), but a little goes a long way. It's got the consistency of petroleum jelly, but it's all natural, and it melts into the skin on contact. I apply it to my dry face, work it in, and then use the cloth that comes with it to remove. I really like the cloth. It's two-sided: I use the muslin side first to clean my face, then the microfiber side to remove the cleanser. My face still feels a little sticky after I remove the cleanser, but when I pat my face dry with a towel the stickiness is gone and my face feels clean and soft. I was using Josie's Cleansing Oil, but I felt it was too thick and didn't emulsify enough to break down dirt and makeup. I like the Cleansing Treatment better. My skin glows when I use it. I'm trying to use it sparingly since it's so expensive, but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty awesome. I use the Cleansing Oil from Josie in the AM & PM and follow it with the 100% argan oil-- which YES has cleared my acne!!!!! I get a little pimple every now and then but thats better than the usual 5-10 i'd have year round!!!! :) Anyway, reason I wanted to try this was because no matter what I do get dry around my nose area. So once a week I use this on my nose. I dont really like the cloth because I feel like I am just too sensitive for it. I dont use this treatment all over my face because I just dont need it, the regular cleanser and her oil does the job just fine. If you are dry all over then this would be nice for you. But it's grear for just those stubborn areas that seem to be dry or flakey :)