Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

3.4

on 8/2/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Broke me out in places I don't normally get pimples! I use makeup remover and double cleanse so I know I was cleaning my face properly every evening. After two days of using this I now have three large, angry, almost boil-like pimples. The pump bottle was the only nice thing about this foundation. The coverage was sheer, and did not last. I used 004 Nude for my NC30 skin.

UPDATE: after studying the ingredients list I think the culprit for my breakouts was the dimethicone, which is pretty high up in the ingredients list (3rd).

on 5/23/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually really liked this product. It wasn't cakey at all which I loved, but definitely isn't buildable; turns orangey. To me it felt really light on my skin and gave medium to full coverage. My only problem with it is that it is not long lasting at all. That's the only thing stopping me from repurchasing as a definite yes is that I think I could find a foundation that lasts a little longer. A friend of mine with normal to dry skin also uses it and it gets peely and stuff in her dry areas so I don't recommend for dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got given a sample of this foundation so I can't say how long the bottle lasts, or if it broke me out in the long term but here's my two cents. First of all (and possibly the biggest blunder) was the fact that this foundation has glitter in it! GLITTER! Now I don't know about you but personally I'm not a fan of glitter in foundations. I'm a person, not a disco ball after all. If glitter is your thing in foundations however, this could be for you. Second of all it oxidized terribly on me (I got the colour Natural Beige). Within 10 minutes of applying this, it had gone from a pretty good match for my skin tone to a horrible orangey colour. It also made me look incredibly cakey and unnatural, as well as feeling really heavy on my skin. Furthermore, it took about 20 minutes for this foundation to set. Overall, it gave me medium coverage and lasted pretty well throughout the day (being very oily that's a big deal) but I can't get over the glitter, oxidization, cakey looking skin and the heaviness of it. I won't be buying this.

on 2/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

I like the pump but for my dry skin this product just didn't work. applied very streaky and uneven. Not a fan.

The price and the packaging of this product is great (I love the pump!). It provides medium coverage and finishes with a dewy look. However, just like most of the Photoready products, it contains quite some shimmer in it, which is why I gave this product a four out of five because, personally, I'm not a big fan of shimmer products unless I'm hitting the parties. Other than the shimmer in it, I love this product and the color of this product is just perfect for my skin.

on 8/13/2014 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE this foundation. If you like that dewy look, this one is your foundation! It gives beautiful glowing effect to your skin, blend easily and I just love it!
The pump makes it easier for you to get the product, I don't have any complain. Would I buy it again if I ran out? 100% YES. Unfortunately, for me personally, I still think that its a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation. Other than that, I just...aahhh in love with it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm now on my second bottle of this product and I wouldn't say its the best out there but it's definitely one of the better ones for me at least. It didn't break me out, which is always a plus, and since I have very oily skin, i tend to find one that doesn't make my skin too slick during the day and this wasn't wonderful but better than any others i've tried.

I think it would work well for normal skin as it works well for me with just a little sheen coming through after a few hours of wear. But then again what doesn't?

on 3/29/2014 12:25:00 AM

This foundation applied beautiful with a foundation brush and I really liked the coverage. It was a really nice shade until it oxidized and I looked like a tangerine. I have fair skin, i purchased the shade "shell". I loved how it had an spf to it. The packaging is awesome with the pump, I really wish this foundation didn't oxidize on me. I will try again in the summer when my skins a little darker.

on 10/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

This is my all time FAVORITE foundation! I love it! This foundation stays on all day! I wore it on my 21st birthday & let me just say things got a little crazy lol I ended up falling asleep in my makeup & the next morning when I woke up I felt horrible but my makeup looked amazing still! I have the whole photo ready collection primer, concealer & foundation I will keep buying! I highly highly recommend!

Love it!!!