September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Moisturizers - Fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite daytime moisturizer. It is hydrating without being overly greasy, and gives a plumped, luminous, healthy look to the skin. I purchased it after trying a sample for a few days. I had forgotten I was using it, and looked in the mirror after 2 days of using it and thought "why is my skin looking so good, what am I doing differently?" Then I remembered - this day cream! I immediately purchased the full size jar (and have repurchased since then) and am still pleased with the cream.
I apply it after cleansing and toning and before my sunscreen and makeup. I do not use it at night, as it's not heavy/moisturizing enough for a night cream for me - but if you are in your teens or early to mid 20s with oily skin, it likely would make a very nice night cream for you.
Right now I am using the Fresh Lotus day face lotion they just released, and am not pleased with that - it does nothing for my skin. Will be going back to this cream when I'm done.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Sephora when my usual moisturizer was out of stock. Big mistake. For the amount of moisture this gives you skin--which is average I'd say--it feels very thick. It doesn't absorb into my skin immediately and feels very heavy and almost like a cream before it finally sinks in.

In the winters I'm willing to deal with the heaviness of a cream for the extra moisture since I live in a cold climate, but this moisturizer doesn't give you that. In the summers, I'd much rather go for something lighter in consistency to get the same amount of moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLuxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer. I feel like everyone has different results with different lotions and the ratings can be very subjective. For me it has a medium to rich feel to it. It lasts me a long time. Price is in the mid-to-high range but worth it to me. I haven't had any problems with breakouts while using this product. I can use it night or day, but generally use it at night because its a little thicker than what I would consider a day cream. I don't mind the smell, it's not too strong anyhow and it fades quickly. Fresh is a very "natural" brand and they produce high quality products. I've used many different face creams and this is the first one ever I have bought for a second time...This is not saying I may not try something else next time around... All in all for me, Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex is a solid go-to facial moisturizer that is versatile as well as effective. I would recommend it, at least to see how it works for you, you may end up loving it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Texture: Not thick but not runny. Light. Leaves a slight waxy feel on my skin (I prefer face oils)

Fragrance: Cucumbers. I like it. If you don't want to smell like a salad though - avoid. I happen to not mind.

Moisturising property: Average. Does not moisturizer enough for my skin (I used it over rosehip seed oil - and Fresh Seaberry oil before that)

Pros: No shine, absorbs fast, no parabens, sulfates, phthalates or artificial fragrance

Cons: Skin feels waxy and pores feel clogged.

Verdict: would not buy again

Main Ingredients: lotus flower extract, which defends against free radicals; blue-green algae to preserve collagen and elastin; hibiscus fruit extract to improve hydration; fig fruit extract to preserve moisture levels; vitamin C to boost collagen production; vitamin E to soften the skin; vegetable glycerol to seal in moisture. Maca root extract also promotes cell turnover. The cream does not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates or artificial fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice packaging, Pretty good product. The smell though... cucumbers? I wish they would stop scenting everything with cucumbers. I will say before I bought this I applied it on my hand and hated the smell. Though five minutes later the cucumber smell was gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by TammyMakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too am very surprised at the low reviews of this moisturizer. On Sephora.Com it has 4.5 stars out of 5 - that is where I purchased it. What I like is that it's formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates. I also like that the product is in a glass jar. I use this as my daily moisturizer (at night I've been using something else) and find it absorbs well and my BB cream over this works nicely. The smell doesn't bother me at all, very fresh smell - what's to hate about cucumbers. I am 51 and my skin is pretty dry, especially in the winter and this moisturizer has not disappointed me so far - happy with results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lallazaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Good product overall. Pros: gentle, didn't cause any sensitivity, decent moisturizing, fresh smell (cucumbers). Cons: not enough for very cold months, open jar packaging, no effect on fine lines (although to be fair, I still haven't found a cream that actually does anything for these). I will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely moisturizer and I have tried many! I'm so shocked by the low reviews to be totally truthful! I live in Alberta Canada, during the winter it drops down to -40+ with wind chill frequently. Alberta is also considered a desert due to our lack of precipitation. Dry skin in the winter has plagued me almost all my life and I haven't had a dry patch yet with this face cream!!

Typically I am very oily, however the winter ravages every bodies skin. It typically looks dull and lifeless, also due to the lack of sun. The fact I get compliments on my skin in the dead of winter is shocking to me and I can accredit it to my skin care. The moisturizer is so light I use it morning and evening. It smells exactly like cucumbers and feels so soothing on, like you are giving your skin a drink of water. The texture is nice and light and absorbs quickly. I use it after I shower in the morning, and apply makeup over it. It has never once aggravated my cystic acne prone skin either which is hugggeee, and no black heads! I personally don't mind the glass jar, I've dropped it a few times and it hasn't even cracked (whoops). I feel it might be too heavy for the day in spring / summer. But when my skin needs the extra moisture, and perhaps at night from now on I will always reach for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I'm a product junkie, and I have a particular soft spot for Fresh. I have used their lotus eye gel for years and find it's the ONLY eye cream that actually does anything to help my tired, puffy eyes. When I became pregnant I was looking for a safe moisturizer that wouldn't break me out, as my skin had become a bit more sensitive, acne prone, and very dry. I was recommended this cream and figured it would go great with my eye gel. It's cucumber scented - smells exactly like their soy face wash, actually! Overall, I think it's a good product. My skin never feels tight when I wear it - it's moisturized without being greasy, which is hard to accomplish. It hasn't broken me out at all. Some of my lines have softened slightly, and my skin just looks uniform. I don't notice any massive change in my skin, but my skin was decent to begin with - just dry. Overall, I'm pleased with this cream and I feel like I'm doing something good for myself when I apply it. In general, I think fresh products are great (albeit expensive).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by swishahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this moisturizer for day time. It is light weight enough to wear under my foundation and it doen't make it slide off. It's not super moisturizing, so for night I use the Creme Ancienne. I've tried a ton of high end and low end products and this line really seems to agree with my sensitive red skin. The only thing I would change would be the packaging I don't like to be continuously dipping my fingers in and out of a jar I would rather have an air tight jar with a pump or a tube.