December 19, 2014 | 909 users online

Brows - Essence - Eyebrow Stylist Set

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jansicles

I've gone through 3 of these already. Excellent starter brow powder with great pigmentation and extremely easy to apply. Very easily build-able and I can create crisp lines with the right brush. This was my go to eyebrow product, however I've switched to Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in brown (only just to use it up, though)

Only real criticism is that after a long 8 hour day, the tail of my eyebrow begins to rub off (esp if I've been rubbing it). However, of the 382974 brow products I have used before (incl. Anastasia dipbrow pomade), I also encounter this problem.

Brow brush & stencils are useless - but who uses these anyway? :)

Pro:
Price
Suitable Shades
Small & Convenient
Formula

Con:
Terrible packaging
Once you hit pan, the powders disintegrate into my make up bag making a terrible mess
Useless brush + stencils

I would prefer the Jordana brow shadow over this, due to the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I have both the color for blondes and for brunettes, as the darkest blonde and lightest brown come close together, and I'm one of those people who likes experimenting/mixing/getting the perfect shade (it's a disease, I know!). I've used the stencils and the brush a few times, but more often than not I get a fluffy narrow rounded eyeshadow brush and I just tap it in the shade(s) I want, then brush it back and forth to coat the brow hairs. It really works wonders at getting a fast and natural result. I usually finish up with the essence clear eyebrow gel (which becomes tinted after a few uses, win-win!) and it's a much softer (and quicker!) look than the eyebrow pencils.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by MLNx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first brow powder I tried and still use it two years later! I have dark brown hair, and the colours are PERFECT. I prefer using a brow powder of a brow pencil anyday, as I find the brow pencils too harsh and difficult to blend in with the natural hairs. I've got matched to an eyeshadow for my brows at MAC and the colour was a bit off with a reddy undertone..Not the kind of thing I was looking for. With this though, it's just straight brown. I use the darker colour for the middle to the tail of my brow and lightly/almost gradiently use the lighter colour for the front to the rest of the brow. They aren't chalky, and have great pigmentation for such an affordable price! I don't use the stencils in the set, but I guess if you're one that likes to completely change the shape of the brow, then they may come in handy. Be careful with one of the stencils though as they seem a bit too 'big' and almost scouse like. This is one of the best products Essence has to offer in their whole range in my opinion. I use a MAC 266 angled brush (I used to use the Maybelline Expert Tools Angled Definer Brush that worked just as well) and it definitely works alot better than the mini brush in the set. I haven't yet found anything that compares to this at such a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live this product, as so many other products from Essence! I've only used Christian eyebrow kit before this in two different colours, but that one cist me around 25 euro's! This is as good, but a fraction of the price for around 2,5 to 3 euro's. It's great and I won't go back again. I would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: great colours. Not chalky at all. Excellent dupes for mac omega and mystery. Very affordable. Great for travelling. It comes with little brush and stencils which I never used but comes handy.
Cons: the only thing I can say is It'd be better if the lid was to open and not to slide but for 3 euros what do you expect?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nahlaelkadi

Lets start with the positive side of this product.. I love how it has two shades , I have black hair so I use the darker brown shade , my sister is blond s she uses the lighter shade and the shades suits us really well ... One of my friend mixes both colors to get her perfect shade and it really works ... So i love how it can match many eyebrow colors . It's really pigmented that I can only dap my brush once and I'm good to go .. But if u want more intense look u can use as much as u want .. The brush that comes with the set is quite good.

On the other hand, the quality of the product isn't good , the light color broke and it was a big mess. And the packing is horrible .. I think the packing is the reason why the color broke ..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by camidumas

Great little hard case that keeps everything tidily tucked away. It comes with three stencils, which I used to define the shape of my brows so that I could tweeze them. Even the cheap little brush works pretty well (although my brows don't need any filling in - I got this just to make it easier to shape them). You can pay a lot more for an equivalent set - and if you don't like the brow powder, pick up an Essence eyebrow pencil for another $1.50 and use that instead. Terrific line at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This set is great in concept and has an excellent packging but sadly it didn't work for me as I hoped ......It consists of :
-Two shades of very fine , soft brow powder one is khaki , the other is dark brown with absloutely no red undertones which I liked very much
- A small not so good slanted brush.I use mine anyway .
- Three different eyebrow stencils ,which I liked as well .
- An instruction leaflet cleverly wrapped around the stencils
- These are all packed in a clear , very practical packing which is a bit flimsy but has great design .(See the pics above )

As I stated above I liked the browpowder very much but I have a MAJOR problem with my eyebrows , a big scar at the beginning of the right one , which left me with no hairs at all in this brow , add to it that I have naturally thick , very black , very stubborn brows and you get the idea ..So these powders didn't match my colouring very much :(... I later found out that using a charcoal /grey pencil is much better for me , but these powders can multi-task as great eyeshadows because they are very pigmented , smooth and matt :) So , I use them now as eyeshadows and they work fine .I think the set is available in two shades but I am not sure about it ...
I believe the best feature of this product is the outstanding packging , it's very compact and travel friendly , if you're a novice with brow makeup , has light/medium eyebrow colouring or on a budget ,this set would be absloutely perfect for you . Still you may need a clear mascara or wax to complete it .All in all it's a good product which can have many uses :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent little duo of matte brow-shadows plus stencils!! The colors work really well and you can balance them as you please.
It looks very small, but it took me a long time to run out of it - and I bought a new one as soon as I got the chance!!
The packaging can't be beat: surprisingly durable and thoroughly handy.
If you still don't know how to make your brows look nice and even, go get this! Even the little brush works!
My only complain: the stencils - all but one fit my brows. The others are way too big.