October 1, 2014 | 1628 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Grace5673

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried this product and I don't see the point really of paying such load amounts of money for something that doesn't do much, well least of all my skin. I was also told by Clarins to rub a small amount of it in my hands before applying to my face, and even then I didn't see a whole lot working there. I gave it up to 3 weeks and not even then I was seeing much when I looked in the mirror, was very disappointed. I thought it would do something for my wrinkles and lines as my skin looks much older but never did. I wouldn't buy this again. I have now thankfully found a product biocorrex that really works well for my skin, so I'm relieved there are some products out there that do what they say they will do!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a week's worth of samples from an SA who was trying to convince me to buy the newish Clarins double Serum. I like some of the Clarins products as many of them agree with my sensitive skin. Now I always thought that serums were supposed to be a combination of high quality/ high tech concentrated ingedients.This serum is simpy mineral oil in a bottle with some plant extracts thrown in. I have used products with a sprinkling of mineral oil before but never in this huge quantity. Mineral oil is THE top ingredient and is probably the "lipidic/hydric" fluids we are seeing in the bottle.This would explain why some users are complaining about the stickiness of the product (my EL ANR is more fluid and fast absorbing) and clogged pores. So if you have oily or very fragile skin - please don't bother buying. Though I can see that dry skin types appear to be loving this. Which shows that this is definitely not for everyone. The serum did nothing for me the entire week I used it as its been said that you probably need 4-6 weeks for you to see the results. I did get some slightly reddish ruddiness on my cheeks and occasionally an itchy crawly sensation on my skin, which was my face telling me it was not loving this product. These irritations did disappear about half-way into using Clarins but it was enough to alarm me. I would apply it to damp skin to limit the sticky feel. It takes a while to absorb before you can layer on your other products so for those of you ladies and gents who are on the go and need fast-absorbing skincare, this may annoy you. I had trouble applying this serum especially when using it after my BHA gel from Paula's Choice- it felt like it sat on top and this would be 10 minutes after! I tried the samples in the tiny foil sachets and guessing from the full size pumps I see at the Clarins counters, I would say its a very sanitary type of packaging. I also didn't like having to mix the product to warm it up. It felt like I was treating my hands and a waste of the serum as some of it is bound to be absorbed before even applying to the face. I would not buy again mainly because based on ingredients alone, I'm simply not willing to pay the equivalent of around USD65 for a bottle of common mineral oil which is known to be a dirt cheap material and which is no doubt boosting Clarins' profits astronomically. I respect that Clarins is into the entire natural approach of things but the skincare industry has come a long way and there's lots of discoveries and research being done on anti-aging and what works best. It would be great if Clarins could step away from the mineral oil and embrace other quality high-tech alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's oily and sticky. It doesn't do much difference. There are much better serums.Not buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and fell really in love with the scent. It is kind of like a softer, toned down version of Calyx by Prescriptives (if you are old enough to remember that line!). I find it addictive.

I do like this product though I am not sure it's a wonder drug. Like other reviewers, I was instructed by the Clarins SA to pump twice into my palm, warm and mix the product in my hands, then press gently into the skin. I use it mostly in the mornings under my moisturizer (an Origins one). This serum does not ball up on me.

The first week I was using this, I got a few zits on my chin (unusual for me). Now I concentrate it more on my forehead, cheeks, neck and just use whatever is left over on my nose and chin. The serum instantly brightens up my complexion and gives a little burst of glow. So far, I don't see much in the way of results beyond that instant boost when I apply. But, I enjoy using the product (it feels good and I love the smell) so I don't mind too much.

As far as buying again -- it's a maybe. If over time I start to see results that go beyond the instant glow, I would consider it. Otherwise, I will probably try something else when I run out of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Lakomka

Almost finishing my bottle now, so decided to share my opinion.
This product is not exactly “god-sent”.
Fortunately, I did not pay the full price (Duty Free shop had a special offer on it).
The consultant said, I need to squeeze a certain amount into the palm of my hand, mix the product and warm it up in my hands, and only then apply onto the face.
That leaves a significant amount of not-that-cheap serum on my hands! And I have to wash my hands afterwards, as the product is sticky.
I personally cannot combine this serum with either a moisturiser (even though it is recommended by Clarins), or any make up; as the serum simply turns in balls and falls off the skin. I have to add, I have this problem with ALL Clarins products, and with some (their creams for example) it is so bad, that I cannot even massage Clarins creams onto my face, as the creams simply bobble and fall off my skin!
So, to avoid bobbling, I only use this serum in the evening, and only on its own.
It moisturises quite well, but leaves the skin feeling “heavy”.
Will I repurchase?
Definitely not at this price!
Would I recommend it to a friend? Possibly yes, but with adding a lot of “but’s” to this recommendation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ScentingSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow - this is a fabulous product that I am so pleased I was 'talked' into at the Clarins counter in Australia (we were holidaying from New Zealand!).
My skin has never been the same since I had a tough year on chemo, which really was bad for my skin and made me break out like never before - just horrible skin. I decided that I needed to get into a good brand, that was natural..... Clarins had everything I asked for.

It has been fabulous for me skin. I purchased the 50ml serum, and use this only as part of my night time routine. During the day I used my multi active serum. I was told this will last me approx. 4mths, and one pump is more than sufficient.

It is nice, light, and absorbs quickly into my skin. I follow this with my multi active night cream. I am in my early 30's now and this is the best my skin has ever been (I have always had good skin - except during and after my chemotherapy - but Clarins has honestly cleared my skin up!) - its clear, small pores and just has that beautiful healthy glow!

I love the fact it is all natural - as I am still fighting cancer, its nice to know I am only putting natural products into my body!

Will always re purchase this serum & all my Clarins products - I have finally found 'MY' forever brand!! I know it may be slightly on the expensive side - but it is honestly worth it and because you are using just one pump at a time, it really is worth the money! Trust me!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this serum, having first been talked into buying it at the local Clarins counter after explaining I was looking for something to make my 34 year old normal-dry skin (needed hydration and just an all-round boost) look fabulous. Cost A$90 for 30ml and the bottle lasted approximately two months with twice-daily use which I think is reasonable. It is a thinnish light-textured serum that has a slight (but not unpleasant) scent and that is two serum parts coming out of the one pump at the top which you then mix in your hand and apply to your face. It absorbed quickly into my skin and left no residue.

I noticed a difference in my skin almost right away. My skin was more even-toned and less dehydrated, it looked and felt more supple and clearer and just gave me a bit of a glow. I bought a second 50ml bottle duty free at Changi in late September (which was about the same price as the 30ml bottle in Australia!) and that bottle is still going strong.

At night I mix (as the Clarins guy suggested) one pump of the serum with my Santal oil. Sometimes I mix it with Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream (10% AHA). In the morning I apply one pump, let it sit for minute or two, and then apply Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream.

As my skin seems to be responding very well to this regime I can't see why I wouldn't repurchase in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by geribabe3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at an airport and I really wish I hadn't. The product does nothing for me at all. I really, really don't understand the hype. Back to Estee Lauder's ANR - a product where you really can see a difference over night.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by XMishiX

I've been using Double serum for about 5 months now. Light enough for my combination skin, absorbs well and leaves me with soft and supple skin. That's all I've experienced. I didn't see any noticeable difference like smaller pores or even radiant skin. Unfortunately I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by chersbears

i bought this after reading numerous reviews but hesitated to buy because of the price. i finally broke down and bought it. i am very glad i did as in a week i have noticed small changes. i have large pores and they have shrunk since using the clarisonic and now adding this serum on top, i have noticed drastically that when i apply my makeup, my pores are almost invislble. they were still visible before the serum use despite using products like benefit pore perfect etc.

i think it's worth getting, however, i'd advise not to get it any samples at sephora as the two serums CANNOT be mixed together until ready for use on face. go to teh clarins counter and ask for a proper sample there.