Neutrogena Crease Proof

3.5

on 4/13/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have 4 of these.. they go on easy and love the glowy finish and the slight iridescence of the pink. These are small little tubes - not like a chubby stick. Great for travel and older eyelids.

on 12/25/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm always on the lookout for a good non-powder shadow, and these are NOT it! I have taupe and plum. They are hard to apply - I have to push and pull at my eyelids to get any color transfer. The taupe doesn't really show up on my olive skin, and what DOES show up isn't very pretty. The plum is just ok, but very difficult to blend. The taupe stick has fallen out of the container. Only positive is that they don't crease after 10 hours of wear, but the formula and shades are not worth it. I tried the pink shade and it looked horribly frosty and aged me a lot! I like many other Neutrogena cosmetics and skin care products, but not this one!
EDIT: Just added a lippie - despite lack of colors, the formula really does wear well and they'd make a great base for other colors.

on 10/5/2014 10:22:00 PM

I bought the Lasting Taupe version because I was dumb enough to believe Kristen Bell's endorsement of it in some magazine (of course I find out later that she is a spokesperson for the company - real genuine endorsement I am sure). Hard, waxy, like a crayon. Difficult to put on and I don't love it even when I get it on (color payoff is weak as several of the earliest reviews suggest and comment on). I called Neutrogena to give them product feedback, thats how strongly I felt about the consistency of this product. They said they would send me a check for what I paid for this product - $9.99 and I feel I deserve it frankly. Update: I went into Sephora yesterday and tried the Clinique Chubby eyeshadow sticks. Now THOSE are a wonderful consistency. They're $17 instead of this product's $10 but boy they seem like what his product SHOULD be (I didn't stop and buy as was just cruising through the store). Laura Mercier also has incredible creamy wonderful eyeshadow sticks (they're very expensive though).

on 9/21/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try these after reading the reviews that I bought two, the taupe and plum. I opened the taupe, put it on and...ugh! Not shimmer, FROST. Seventies old lady frost! If you like that look, these are probably great for you, but I felt they only highlighted the creases around my eyes, as well as gave me a very dated look. Probably great for younger women but mature gals beware! I am returning the taupe and plum (which I didn't even bother to open).

on 8/10/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eye shadow! Like other reviews, I agree that it is very easy going on and almost impossible to over do it. The subtle taupe color is perfect for me and it lasts all day...I've never had an eyeshadow last all day on me without creasing. This is perfect in every way
easy to apply
perfect color
lasts without creasing
drugstore brand & very reasonable

on 7/21/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love these for several reasons. They come in handy twist-up tubes, which means I don't have to use a sharpener. The packaging feels solid and is great for travel. They last all day without creasing, are just the right amount of shimmer, go on smoothly, never look dry and come in natural, flattering shades. I will say the taupe shade may not show up much on most skin tones. With my dark hair, hazel eyes and very pale skin, two combos look great: the silvery/white and purple ("Plum", I believe) and light gold/ taupe. Purple only looks good on me if it's blueish toned, not reddish- this is perfect. Clinique's similar purpley shadow stick was a disaster. I also love that their shimmery white shade isn't glittery and provides the perfect amount of pigment for highlighting. They will be an easy staple in my makeup bag!

on 7/18/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in the shade Lasting Taupe. It is so pretty as a very natural look(which is what i personally like). It's very subtle and just looks like I could almost be wearing no makeup but makes my eyes stand out more and covers those annoying little veins in my eyelids. It also ads a tiny bit if shimmer. Very subtle shimmer/pearl look. Not a glitter shimmer look. I think this shade could add a pretty shimmer to fair or dark skin. But either way it would be a very subtle look. It is also definitely crease proof! Even water proof. I tried to wash it off with soap and water and there was still some left! So this is a great eye-shadow for summer, swimming, sweating, rain, or any other element that might wash off other eye-shadow! Love it!

on 7/11/2014 1:02:00 PM

I love the taupe with a little eyeliner and mascara for an almost-no-makeup look. If I weren't fair-skinned, it would not show up, but for those of us with light skin who just want a little definition it's great. I have the plum for when I want a little more oomph. This will never give your eye a ton of drama; it's just a nice basic crease-proof eyeshadow in a few basic colors. If simple is all you want, you could do worse than start with theses.

on 7/1/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I too was a little sceptical about this product, but am so glad I bought both the Taupe and the Plum at Walgreen's. They go on really well and stay on all day without creasing, and without needing a primer. They may be a little shimmery, but not much. They look completely natural. The reason I took off one lippie is because the Taupe is really too light to even be visible on my lids. I use it as a primer under a taupe powder shadow (NYX), so it's still useful.

But the Plum is really great and I would highly recommend it to anybody with brown eyes. It is pigmented enough to make a statement, but still very natural.

All in all, highly recommended.

on 5/5/2014 9:28:00 PM

I really like these! I purchased in Lasting Taupe and Stay Put Plum. These do absolutely last all day on me over my NYX eye shadow primer (have never used w/out this primer so cant' speak to lasting ability w/out). I like that they are subtle in color and buildable. I like a very subdued, look and these give me a polished, absolutely OK to wear to the office look and the color is still present at workdays end looking still fresh (again w/ NYX primer) Applies smoothly (no tugging) easily buildable and on my NC 15 skin w/ blue/gray eyes - looks pretty (IMO).

UPDATE: Science experience today = I did not wear any primer today and its now 12 hours post application and the color looks like I just put on - are you kidding me??? I feel like I'm in an alternate reality! Just move up to 5 lippies :)