April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Eye Shadow - Neutrogena - Crease Proof

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical before purchasing but glad I did. I use constant copper on my Asian eyes, slight shimmer so go easy. Using a primer ensures all day appeal and stay put power. The downside is I'm almost out already ^_^. Good job Neutrogena for creating a cream without using parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Taupe. I love it, and I don't care who knows it. I also think it might be discontinued, because I bought it on clearance at CVS.

It's a great color taupe - not too silvery, not too purple. I can just swipe it on (yeah, it takes a few swipes) and I'm good to go for a very simple eye look. I find that it actually doesn't crease, even without a primer, but my eyes aren't oily and I don't have a lot of problems with eyeshadow creasing in the first place.

I like that I need no brush and no fingers. It's non-irritating, befitting a Neutrogena product. It's sheerly pigmented, which is a negative for some people but is a plus for the way I personally use it. It's not too frosty or shiny. It lasts for hours but would need reapplication at the end of the workday.

Packaging is good: the tube clicks shut and stays closed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Stay Golden for my green eyes. I love all tones of yellow and orange on my eyes so I thought this would be a great pick. It's really more of an off-white on my skin, but that's okay. It does last, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. My only complaint is a common one with twist up products, and that is that they get loose from the base and get smushed up in the cap, happens with just about every creamy twist up and half the pencils i have tried. Otherwise, though a nice product if you are looking for subtle, shimmery, highlight on your lids. If you want dramatic color, this is not (nor is any Neutrogena product really) the item for you. I like to apply a deep gray or black eyeliner to my upper lid and then this shadow, and it's enough to bring out the eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Stay-put Plum: This goes on smoothly, blends fine, and the staying power is quite remarkable. However, whoa...frosty! Seriously, seriously frosty. If I could find a color in this line that was more matte, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But the frostiness of this shade scares me off from trying the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jenpm78

I have very oily lids that fold in on themselves, and every eyeshadow I've tried is gone or below my eye in an hour or two. Not this. It stays put. I love the taupe shade. I do have to swipe quite a few times to build it up, but I like the subtle effect. I can see that this would not be for you if you want dramatic color. It's a perfect every day look for me, though. The application is lightning fast and you can't mess it up. Comes off with soap and water. I'd like to see them offer it in a dark brown or deep green as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this in Perfectly Pink. It has almost no color pay off, especially after you blend. It just looks like glitter. The formula is stiff. For $10 at CVS, this is disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by scloud

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a stick cream eyeshadow that has a nice, subtle color payoff. I don't like a lot of eyeshadow, and these are a nice, easy way to apply eyeshadow without it looking overdone. The stick formula makes it easy to swipe on - and it's almost impossible to overdo this product. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got these through BzzAgent. The consistency is smooth and creamy, and they really are crease-proof, but the color payoff just isn't there. Even with several layers of application, the color was still very sheer and barely noticeable.

Standing alone, these would only be worth considering if you want a *very* subtle, barely-noticeable look. I did use them as a base for other shadows, and they worked very well for that, but there are other bases that are just as good for less.

Overall, I can't say I would recommend these. They work well enough as a base, but other than that, the color payoff is too poor for them to be worth considering as a stand-alone product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the purple one "Stay put Plum". It is sheer but the best thing I like about it is that it is not sparkly. It shows up more of a lilac color on me. As a lark I put this on top of powder eyeshadow ( Wet and Wild Petal Pusher) and it stayed put for about 4 hours. The next day I put it on top of Maybelline's Color Tattoo Barely Beige and it lasted longer. This is better than the Revlon one which was too greasy, and Cover Girl's.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by jneedham

I bought the Taupe and the Pink color. Neither one showed up on me. I tried both with and without primer with no change. I would not waste your money.