August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Eye Shadow - Neutrogena - Crease Proof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by 4215342153

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eye shadow! Like other reviews, I agree that it is very easy going on and almost impossible to over do it. The subtle taupe color is perfect for me and it lasts all day...I've never had an eyeshadow last all day on me without creasing. This is perfect in every way
easy to apply
perfect color
lasts without creasing
drugstore brand & very reasonable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these for several reasons. They come in handy twist-up tubes, which means I don't have to use a sharpener. The packaging feels solid and is great for travel. They last all day without creasing, are just the right amount of shimmer, go on smoothly, never look dry and come in natural, flattering shades. I will say the taupe shade may not show up much on most skin tones. With my dark hair, hazel eyes and very pale skin, two combos look great: the silvery/white and purple ("Plum", I believe) and light gold/ taupe. Purple only looks good on me if it's blueish toned, not reddish- this is perfect. Clinique's similar purpley shadow stick was a disaster. I also love that their shimmery white shade isn't glittery and provides the perfect amount of pigment for highlighting. They will be an easy staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kyndie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade Lasting Taupe. It is so pretty as a very natural look(which is what i personally like). It's very subtle and just looks like I could almost be wearing no makeup but makes my eyes stand out more and covers those annoying little veins in my eyelids. It also ads a tiny bit if shimmer. Very subtle shimmer/pearl look. Not a glitter shimmer look. I think this shade could add a pretty shimmer to fair or dark skin. But either way it would be a very subtle look. It is also definitely crease proof! Even water proof. I tried to wash it off with soap and water and there was still some left! So this is a great eye-shadow for summer, swimming, sweating, rain, or any other element that might wash off other eye-shadow! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by crunchycon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the taupe with a little eyeliner and mascara for an almost-no-makeup look. If I weren't fair-skinned, it would not show up, but for those of us with light skin who just want a little definition it's great. I have the plum for when I want a little more oomph. This will never give your eye a ton of drama; it's just a nice basic crease-proof eyeshadow in a few basic colors. If simple is all you want, you could do worse than start with theses.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too was a little sceptical about this product, but am so glad I bought both the Taupe and the Plum at Walgreen's. They go on really well and stay on all day without creasing, and without needing a primer. They may be a little shimmery, but not much. They look completely natural. The reason I took off one lippie is because the Taupe is really too light to even be visible on my lids. I use it as a primer under a taupe powder shadow (NYX), so it's still useful.

But the Plum is really great and I would highly recommend it to anybody with brown eyes. It is pigmented enough to make a statement, but still very natural.

All in all, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I really like these! I purchased in Lasting Taupe and Stay Put Plum. These do absolutely last all day on me over my NYX eye shadow primer (have never used w/out this primer so cant' speak to lasting ability w/out). I like that they are subtle in color and buildable. I like a very subdued, look and these give me a polished, absolutely OK to wear to the office look and the color is still present at workdays end looking still fresh (again w/ NYX primer) Applies smoothly (no tugging) easily buildable and on my NC 15 skin w/ blue/gray eyes - looks pretty (IMO).

UPDATE: Science experience today = I did not wear any primer today and its now 12 hours post application and the color looks like I just put on - are you kidding me??? I feel like I'm in an alternate reality! Just move up to 5 lippies :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical before purchasing but glad I did. I use constant copper on my Asian eyes, slight shimmer so go easy. Using a primer ensures all day appeal and stay put power. The downside is I'm almost out already ^_^. Good job Neutrogena for creating a cream without using parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Taupe. I love it, and I don't care who knows it. I also think it might be discontinued, because I bought it on clearance at CVS.

It's a great color taupe - not too silvery, not too purple. I can just swipe it on (yeah, it takes a few swipes) and I'm good to go for a very simple eye look. I find that it actually doesn't crease, even without a primer, but my eyes aren't oily and I don't have a lot of problems with eyeshadow creasing in the first place.

I like that I need no brush and no fingers. It's non-irritating, befitting a Neutrogena product. It's sheerly pigmented, which is a negative for some people but is a plus for the way I personally use it. It's not too frosty or shiny. It lasts for hours but would need reapplication at the end of the workday.

Packaging is good: the tube clicks shut and stays closed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by strawberrybonbon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Stay Golden for my green eyes. I love all tones of yellow and orange on my eyes so I thought this would be a great pick. It's really more of an off-white on my skin, but that's okay. It does last, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. My only complaint is a common one with twist up products, and that is that they get loose from the base and get smushed up in the cap, happens with just about every creamy twist up and half the pencils i have tried. Otherwise, though a nice product if you are looking for subtle, shimmery, highlight on your lids. If you want dramatic color, this is not (nor is any Neutrogena product really) the item for you. I like to apply a deep gray or black eyeliner to my upper lid and then this shadow, and it's enough to bring out the eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Stay-put Plum: This goes on smoothly, blends fine, and the staying power is quite remarkable. However, whoa...frosty! Seriously, seriously frosty. If I could find a color in this line that was more matte, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But the frostiness of this shade scares me off from trying the others.