October 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by tarheelmissy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good gravy! There is enough menthol in this stuff to keep a family of koalas high for a week! Which is good for clearing out one's sinuses but NOT for slathering on the skin! Very irritating, and I'm not particularly sensitive. Had a brief tiny breakout and picked this up. Couldn't get this off fast enough, and when I did, my whole face was pink. And stayed pink for a day and a half. Tried it again a week later, same pink, smelly reaction. Had to be the menthol or something else, I've tried the aspirin mask with no irritation so not the salicylic acid. Trashed the whole tube. It may contain a lot of "naturals," but what they did to my skin is not natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I did something I normally don't do and ignored all the negative reviews on this product. I've done that before with HORRIBLE results. But in this case it was a huge win. I actually can't wait to put this on my face in the morning or evening, I get super excited because it feels so nice.

You need to keep in mind that everyone's skin is different when rating a product. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. In my case, this product was perfect for my dry-combination skin. I have a serious problem finding acne products that don't dry my skin to high heaven. I tried Neutrogena's Acne Therapy System and my skin was so badly dried that it took months of using cleansing lotions and tons of moisture intensive treatments to bring it back to normal. I was attracted to this product by the cream aspect and the advertising that it is gentle. This is definitely gentle and soothing, it doesn't lather, is creamy and has a wonderfully minty cooling sensation that soothes any sore spots on my face and leaves my skin glowing. After using it for only a matter of days, I've noticed the cluster of whiteheads and acne that have been on my chin for months are finally clearing up. Follow this with a good moisturizer as always and you'll be really satisfied! I'd recommend using this in conjunction with their Natural's spot treatment and Multivitamin Moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by shelbsn

this was horrible!!! I was washing my face and noticed a burn but I just thought that it was the cleanser doing it's job. so I washed it off and my face got a rash! it was all red and splotchy and hot and it felt horrible and broke me out so bad. i wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by shalee99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a clean skin maniac..... I bought this product on sale for 4 bucks and wasn't expecting what it did! this is my go to faces wash, every time I try to branch out I come back to this ;) its so refreshing and natural and it has a slight cool chill to it, it's so nice! It clears acne very nicely, it doesn't completely get rid of it (I don't think anything really does) but it maintains nice blemish free-skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

When I started using this, my face kept turning red, it even burned a little bit. However, as I kept using this again and again, I noticed that the redness and burning toned down a lot. It smells alright I guess, and it's kind of hard to lather around your face, but I like how it is easy to rinse this off of your skin! I have oily/acne prone skin and I think this kind of suppresses acne. After using this, my skin looks clearer. This didn't totally clear my skin, but it's a pretty good cleanser overall. The thing that surprised me about this product is the harshness. This is packaged to look like it's made for sensitive skin and it looks fairly gentle, when in reality, it's kind of harsh. I have used this for about a month, and I use this in the morning and night. I'm going to repurchase because so far, it's doing a satisfactory job, but I'll be looking around for more cleansers definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by mhaley1

I LOVE this cleanser. I ran out of my Yes To Tomatoes cleanser that I normally use (and highly recommend) and I had a Yes To order coming very soon so didn't want to buy that one. But I needed something to use in between running out and when the order shipped to my house. So I picked this up. Oh my gosh. Love. It feels amazing on your skin and after you rinse it off there is a lovely cooling sensation. It has a slightly off putting scent, but this didn't bother me that much. Didn't break me out at all (I have combo to oily skin, acne prone). Even after just a few days my skin is visibly better - smoother, smaller pores, blackheads appear reduced.

Note: no where on the package does this claim to remove your makeup, so ignore the people complaining that it didn't remove all their makeup. It's not supposed to. Get some makeup wipes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this cleanser, and I will definitely be re-buying. To me, it seems pretty balanced -- natural yet has a bit of acne medicine in it. I do use a spot treatment if I see a blemish coming. I do have spots every now and then. However, for a day to day cleanser I really like it. My acne is more related to what I eat than what I put on my face, but for the last couple of months I've been thinking of not wearing makeup since my skin is looking pretty good. Overall, I really like this cleanser, but it might not be a miracle product if you have more severe acne. I like it because it is more natural than other acne cleansers. The texture of it is great too, very creamy. I can't detect a smell to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kfields08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It leaves a film on my face. I don't like it AT ALL. It broke me out like crazy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

I was looking for an natural skin cleanser that would not break me out, but I sadly did not find it with this product. it broke me out after multiply uses, and I think it was because of the perfume that it contains. For a natural product the scent is very strong and not natural at all. The cleanser feels very creamy on the face. On the packaging it doesn't state that it will remove makeup, but if you are wondering... it doesn't do a good job at that(removing makeup)I gave it one star because I like the packaging, its simple but yet appealing. Overall I would wouldn't repurchase this product or even try finishing it. I do not recommend this product for people with sensitive skin.
if you are looking for an all natural cleanser, that is not good but great check out "ORIGINS CHECKS AND BALANCES, FROTHY FACE WASH( you can find it at Sephora)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by meohmylinh

I really really liked this product. I don't have extremely bad acne, just tough problem areas like my chin. Most drug store products I try are too harsh and drying but this cream cleanser was lovely and very nice. It helped clear up my chin without overdrying areas without acne, like my cheeks. I like the smell and consistency a lot. It's an acne cleanser, not a make up remover. Your best bet if wearing make up is to use wipes or an actual make up remover before using this acne cleanser.