December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Calista Tools Hot Rollers

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used these too often because if I want curls, I use my topstyler because I know it works. I do like the little teeth on these to help grab the hair. I also like the full coverage clip. The two problems I have found with this:
1. I get kinks from where the clips end
2. The curl does not even remotely last all day
I will play around with these some more and update

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have shoulder length naturally curly hair that hold a curl very well. I was looking for a roller set to smooth my hair and get big curls and volume when I straighten my hair. I purchased the long hair set and was surprised that they were so long! While the case is nice, the rollers will not fit back in when they are attached to the bag. This means you have to stuff them in on top each time and remove them before attaching to base. The company says the rollers do not get hot on the ends, but they are very hot and consistently burned my hands as I put them in my hair. The long rollers really need bigger clips, as when I rolled my hair the clip barely went around my hair and the roller (and I do not have thick hair). You also have to use 2 clips on some of the longer rollers, but the set only comes with 1 per roller. The curl was nice, but only lasted a couple of hours. I used hair spray, Redken Hot Set and more hair spray, and after a couple of hours the curl was about 90% less. I have never had this happen, so it surprised me.

I am going back to my other ion rollers that were $30, as the results with the $100 Calista curlers were not worth the money. Buy them at a store with a good return policy in case this happens to you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased a mixed set (6 long, 6 medium) through QVC about 2 years ago. I absolutely love these rollers. They give my hair volume and curl that lasts about 2 days. The mixed set of contains rollers that are the same diameter but different lengths. When I wore my hair longer this worked out great, now that I wear my hair shorter I mainly use the rollers in the back first and then pull them out and reheat to use on top and in the front. The set comes with a unit that heats 6 rollers at a time and they heat up very quickly.

I know that additional rollers are available through QVC coming in packs of 4. I think I paid about $100 for the set and they are worth every penny I paid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Calista Tools Hot Rollers (Long Style) and they are the best hot rollers ever!!! They are very expensive ...... I purchased from Sephora the Long 12-piece set with the 12-piece heating element and it cost $150 (you can get the 12-piece with the 6-piece holding element for $100, but Sephora only had the other one in stock in-store,) but the price is worth it for me. I have long wavy hair that I like to style into fuller curls..... I hate using heat on my hair so I would use curling irons and while they work, I noted that in the past few months I have had hair breakage on one section that luckily my hair is so thick, you cannot notice, but I know it is there and that my hair has damage and so I wanted a more gentle alternative to curling irons and decided on hot rollers which have always worked for me ...... my last set (Belson) died and after doing research I really liked the Calista Tools set and the Babyliss set from my research (I bought the Bablyliss set and it would not curl my hair, so I returned it back to Ulta) ..... the Calista roller is very long and perfect for long hair ....... the roller has good grip on it and I curl my hair in spirals (same as with a curling iron) and within minutes the rollers cool and I get the look I want ...... I have done alot of research before buying the Calsta set and many complaints were of frizziness or the curls not holding ...... I can say for me, that I have had no frizzy curls and as for your curl holding, I suggest a holding spray (I use Redken's Hot Sets ..... I don't spray directly on sections and instead hold the bottle as far away from me as possible and do a quick all around spray all over, and my curls hold.) My curls look natural .... last week I left the rollers on for 30 minutes to cool and I also sprayed a little hair spray on, and my curls stayed for 3 days ...... normally I leave the rollers on for 5 minutes to 10 minutes max and my curls come out looser how I want them so I get the loose waves look. *** The only minor complaint I have is that I wish that they included additional clips to hold the rollers ..... I have thicker hair and sometimes I need two clips, but again a minor complaint and doesn't deter me from the overall satisfaction of my purchase. I much prefer a beachy hair look, but when I want hair with more volume and curl, then I know that my Calista set will help me achieve that look. A curling wand works better for a beachy hair look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No