September 30, 2014 | 2047 users online

Lipstick - FLOWER Beauty - LS8 Get to the Poinsettia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by aprilescobedo

Quick Background:
I'm a huge fan of lipstick. Unfortunately for me I struggle not in finding the right colors, but in finding a lipstick that doesn't fade. It isn't so much the lipstick quality I buy, but my face in general. Whether it's eyeshadow, foundation, lipstick, blush, etc., my face just absorbs EVERYTHING. While I've watched my mother, sister, and bestfriend use the same lipstick as me and looking flawless, after 30 minutes on me it's already looking as if I only applied lip liner giving me a tacky chola look.
How I came across product:
After work I decided to make a quick stop at Walmart to look for a new foundation. I noticed this new FLOWER line by Drew Barrymore and decided to take a look, because not only do I love Drew Barrymore, the display was very pretty lol. I was getting disappointed in seeing that she didn't have any matte lipsticks because I rarely use normal glossy lipsticks due to them making a scar on my lip more noticeable. Then I noticed some lipsticks classified as "velvet", read the description which said the product had a "velvet matte' finish, yay! I took some time trying to choose a color and ended up leaving with "Get to the Poinsettia".
Lipstick color & Review:
I LOVE the color. It's a bright red with a tiny hint of orange. I believe it's true to how it looks in the tube. As I previously wrote about my struggle with lipstick, this one blew me away. It lasted for HOURS. It glided on smoothly, had a matte finish, and was true to how the product description said it would be. I'm so in love! By far my favorite red lipstick ever. I've received so many compliments on it too.
Packaging:
I love the packaging. It comes in a white tube with the brand name FLOWER on gold. It's the same size as other lipsticks.
Price:
I purchased this product at Walmart for $6.98 Fair price for such a great lipstick.
Overall:
If you're contemplating buying this lipstick I say go for it! The color is great, glides on smooth, leaves a nice matte finish, and lasts hours without having to touch up. Completely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by SSR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally a red lipstick I can wear.This cosmetics line is Drew Barrymore's and it's only sold at Walmart. The quality feels like a much more expensive lipstick,something you would normally find at a department store. This shade of red is an orange red,since my skin has cool undertones I was pleasantly surprised that this works so well. It goes on creamy and is also a bit on the matte side so for a little bit of shine I dab just a touch of clear lip gloss on top for the perfect finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I picked up this shade because it's so pretty and an orange based red. It's well balanced and isn't too orange. The finish is beautiful and I didn't even need a lip liner. This will be a good pop of color (poppy red) for spring and summer. It makes me happy. So far I'm really pleased with Flower Beauty. This isn't as bright as a MAC matte, but then again it is also more soft focus, weightless, and less drying. The formula of this does remind me of high end matte lipsticks.