October 2, 2014 | 995 users online

Lipstick - FLOWER Beauty - LS2 Petal Kiss

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

First let me start off by saying this has got to be the most beautiful natural color of lipstick I have ever come across...I compare the color to the new UD lipstick in Naked. I love the color but the formula is too dry. It glides on well but then started drying on my lips, by the time I was done with my make-up and hair, my lips were dried out and the product was settling in the lines and there were flakes of product on my lips...UGH!

Trust me, I exfoliate with Bite fruit scrub every morning and follow-up with balm. At night I wear The Balm, Balm's Away (crappy make-up remover but great moisturizer for hands, feet, lips and under eye) to bed, so it isn't a moisture issue. The formula is too waxy or something. I topped it with lip butter but after it wore off, the waxy mess was still on my lips. I had to scrub it off with a tissue and reapply a better quality lipstick.

I am giving it 2 lippies for color and packaging but they will need to reformulate to get me to try it again. Very disappointing since the color is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is the most pretty, natural, everyday lipstick I own. I bought it after seeing not one bad review of it on youtube. Because this lipstick is such a natural, versatile color, I think this shade would work so well on so many different skin tones.

Shade- a very natural, pinky nude, perfect for the workplace, or everyday, or pairing with dark eye makeup- like I said, it' s probably the most natural shade of lipstick I own

Application/Texture- perfect texture- it could be a bit creamier, but it's basically just creamy enough to seamlessly apply yet not so creamy that it's mushy or applies unevenly. The application of this is so easy and flawless- it applies so evenly and is completely matte. Unlike a lot of matte lipsticks, it does not emphasize the cracks in my lips or my chapped lips. In fact, it makes my lips look smoother AND fuller, no joke.

Lasting Power- pretty fantastic. I'd say without any drinking/eating/kissing this lipstick would last at least 6 hours with minimal fading. However, after smooching with my boyfriend, the color is still there, just faded! And even when the color does finally fade, it's still leaves your lips with a pretty, natural stain.

Overall, I'd say this is a natural lip color that would be a staple to any makeup collection, whether you have a huge stash or only have the bare minimum makeup collection. If you're looking for an extremely natural, my-lips-but-better color for everyday that will work in a wide variety of situations, this is the lipstick for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick is such a wonderful color. It is smooth on your lips, not terribly drying, and stays on for quite some time. I even got my mom (who can't find a lipstick she likes to save her life) to buy it after trying mine. I use a chapstick under it and it still stays on for a decent amount of time. The packaging is ADORABLE and it travels really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I can't tell you how many lipsticks I have purchased in the past trying to find this color and none came close. I saw a model years ago in a magazine with a matte pink natural looking lip look that I liked. Bought a lot of pink lipsticks attempting to replicate the look and was not satisfied with any. Bought the one the magazine recommended which was Calvin Klein first kiss but it had too much of a purple tone to look like the photo or good on me. Finally, after giving up I purchase this and it is the lipstick I had been searching for all this time! It's hard for me to describe the color of this lipstick. It is not the same as the bottom of the tube, the bottom is a bit brighter and has more peach in it, though it is similar. Petal Kiss is a matte nude with t hints of mauve in certain lighting. I was worried because under walmart lights the mauve really stood out and I can't do purplish undertones, but at home and on my lips I see less of the mauve and more of a nude pink. It looks really natural and pretty on and is pigmented with a smooth, creamy texture. The cap stays on well too. Very flattering for a natural look or when I want to add more color to the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I chose Petal Kiss because it appeared to be a pinky peach based on the color at the bottom of the tube. It's a lip tone neutral pink matte --sort of similar to Revlon Mauve It Over. I love the packaging and how it snaps shut, and the formula is a light weight matte with good pigment. These do not dry out my lips and the finished color is chic and weightless. The only con is the color part of the tube never matches the actual lipstick, so I assume it's a shade of plastic and was hard to match. I will upload a few pics that I took today.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you read Allure, and let's face it, if you're an MUA member I know you do, you know the reason Drew Barrymore was on the January 2013 issue cover was to promote her new Flower line of color cosmetics, sold at Walmart and including a full line of everything. The past few weeks for me have been a two-state goose chase, with me visiting Walmarts in Maryland and Indiana and driving my coworkers crazy trying to find the products. I finally found an endcap in the Salisbury, MD store which contained only lipstix, lip glosses, some nail colors, mascara, and eyeliner. With that puny selection, I just went with LS2, a matte lipstick in a pale cool pink. It would have been nice to see the foundations, blushes, and shadows!

The lipstick case is white and rose gold, a welcome change from trite black. Rose gold jewelry is trendy now (I love it!). The case is quite heavy and substantial for a drugstore product, and the cap snaps shut with that definitive click you don't expect from a drug store product. Being a matte, LS2 goes on rather stiff and a little dry. It's not a flat matte, but has a little touch of a satin finish to it. The color looks like a peachy pink in the tube, but goes on a little more like candy pink on my lips. A quite appropriate color for the office. No taste or fragrance. The quantity of product is substantial. I don't have to touch up very often, but I do anyway because it is a pleasure to do so. I can't give it five lipstix because it's not perfect, but I'd give it 4 1/2 if I could.

At a purse-friendly $6.98, I'll definitely be going back for more colors, although I may have to skip the matte and try a shinier color, just because of the stiffness of the matte. And I still want to see the foundations and eyeshadows! Come on, Walmart--spill!

(Speaking of Walmart, because this line is in the right price point, and because it's made in the USA, I wish Ulta would carry it as well. However, I'll leave that for Drew and Ulta to work out.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No