Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this powder as a finishing powder on my NC25 skin and it looks wonderful. It gives me a soft, candle-lit, angelic glow to my skin that ties together my entire makeup look. The powder lasts for a long time and it's definitely worth a buy despite the steep price. You'll only need a light dusting of it so the compact will last you ages. I definitely have to recommend this.

on 6/20/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very fair, cool-toned. i use this as an all-over finishing powder, and i find that it adds a very subtle bronze to my skin. (emphasis on the very).

pros:
- beautiful finish to your face makeup. a subtle softening/blurring and glowy complexion. prepare to be complimented on how great your skin looks.
- packaging is very sleek and you get a lot of product. i've had this for almost a year and use it about once a week, and i've used less than half of it.
- if you're fair/cool, it warms up the face without being orangey like a lot of bronzers are on my skin

cons:
- super pricey. but it's worth it

i would repurchase, and want to try other shades in the range.

This powder is really fun for spring! It's great to fluff all over the face or just on the cheek bones. Like all Hourglass products the illumination is delicate and finely milled. Im not a fan of sparkle so that's music to my ears. I would probably choose the shade that has more gold tones next time. I find this one a tad too peachy but it does match my skin nicely. I have to be honest I have been looking high and low for a powder that illuminates without sparkle for years and this is it. The packaging is perfect, nice big mirror and stays closed while rolling around in my purse. Overall perfection

on 4/22/2015 11:06:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product. I did ample "homework" before taking the plunge because this is the priciest finishing powder I've ever bought by far. I was using a translucent powder in the past, or the Veronica's blush by MAC on occasion, which I thought was sublime. This, however, is the most amazing finishing powder ever. It's worth every penny of the 45.00 and change it cost me. I bought Dim and Radiant and now aim to acquire every color made.

Don't hesitate to splurge on this product, it's worth its weight in gold to say the least. The texture is very very finely milled powder that truly just melts into your skin. It gives a subtle yet obvious polish to the face. It's as if all imperfections are suddenly diminished dramatically yet seeming invisible at the same time as the product is not obvious whatsoever.

I will buy the rest of the colors in the very near future because owning Dim and Radiant is not nearly enough. I am VERY impressed with this magical little compact. I feel like I must acquire doubles, at least, of every color fearing they will discontinue it or change the formula some day. This stuff is my ADDICTION. I keep looking at myself with this on and marveling at its elegance. I am truly obsessed with it!!!

on 3/18/2015 1:56:00 PM

on 3/16/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive owned Dim Light for about 5 months now and I must say it was so worth the splurge. I used this everyday and it doesn't even look like I made any dent in the pan since I need is a small amount. I use Dim Light as my finishing powder and apply it lightly with a tulip brush all over my face. I also use this on days that I have little to know makeup on. I always put a pore filling primer on with or with out makeup so applying this on top adds the extra touch to blurring my pores and fine lines. I dont ever want to go with out this powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this powder everyday when I wear makeup as a final step. I have fair skin NW20 so this is too dark for me to use as an all over setting or finishing powder. I use it on the outer sides of my face and sometimes to fuse my blush and contour together.
I do not think all the hype about these powders are true but I grew to really like this product. I say this bc at first I was disappointed with Dim Light. I thought it would do more for my skin like blur imperfections and give it a soft glow. It does do this it is just not as noticeable as I thought it would be.
I thought about exchanging it but I really do love this product and I could not bring myself to take it back to Sephora. Next on my list is Ethereal light. It will be a better match for me. But I will still use Dim Light.

This product is amazing in how little I have used. I have worn it almost everyday for the last 2 months and have barely made a dent.

One more positive to mention before I end this review is how finely milled it is. The quality is amazing. I have read some dupes for it are Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana bronzer, which I also own and I do not agree with. Yes, they swatch a similar color but the Hourglass Dim Light is very fine in texture and is less noticeable.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best setting powder. It gives me a healthy look and blurs my imperfections. Can't get enough of this. I have to becareful not to apply too much as it does look a little dark on my light/yellow skin tone. A light dusting is all i need. My next powder to try is Diffused light. I apply this over my face power which is the Benefit Hello Flawless powder and it gives dimension to my face so it isn't so flat. Highly recommend this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

oh my goodness, lemme tell you how much i regret not buying this sooner. IT IS AMAZING. it's expensive, but will last you a long time. A little goes a long way. You honestly look airbrushed. It doesn't cling onto my dry patches. It's the perfect shade for all over the face. I'm very dry, so it's nice to have a powder that won't suck the tiny oil I have on my face away. it gives you a healthy glow

I have diffused light as well - great during winter when I'm very pale (i'm korean with yellow undertones).

This is a winner for me. I have normal to combination skin with slightly large pores in the t-zone. My skin is Sand in the Hourglass foundation series which sounds darker than it is. My skin is light but not fair 2R07 as the Sephora number, neutral cool. I have prominent features and this casts them in the best light, soft focus. It brightens my complexion without looking like highlighter. I have been kind of obsessed with soft focus makeup effects since I have researched old school techniques used on Marilyn Monroe who also had prominent features enhanced by a layer of Vaseline under her makeup to cast a soft focus effect. This may not work on everyone but it does for me. I like it.