Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

I don't... get it? This is one of those super-hyped products I've always wanted to try, so when I saw the cheaper travel size at Sephora, I picked it up on a whim. I read about people putting it all over as setting powder, so that's exactly what I did. Guys, this is bronzer. This is straight up bronzer. I looked weirdly tan-orange all day and couldn't wait to wash it off. And I'm not even THAT fair. I'm light-medium.

I've been using it as a bronzer/very light contour, and it works fine for that purpose, but nothing that's making me fall to my knees and PRAISE like everyone else is. It's a perfectly serviceable light winter bronzer. The "glow" effect is vastly overstated.

Solid "meh". Will use up the travel size, will not repurchase. I did give the packaging five stars because I actually love the simple yet lovely shiny chocolate-brown compact. And I like that the product is recessed into the compact, so you can really swirl your brush around without getting fallout everywhere.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I got this in a palette and tried it all over, after reading all the rave reviews... but its way too dark/orangey toned... it showed up patchy all over my chin. However I have found a use for it - its lovely as a bronzer... as long as I use a very light feathery brush!

HG powder for me. I have sensitive dry skin and this or Diffused I use every single day as a setting powder. I have eczema and oilyish t zone. I love this over any base. It gives a soft look about my skin that looks so perfect. I have tried a bunch of powders and keep returning to this because it make my skin look so good. If you are younger you may not see what the hype is about but if you are older with dry sensitive skin you will see the biggest difference compare to other setting powders, I love this so much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of those products that just perfects your face...at least it causes the illusion that your skin is perfect! It blurs and gives a beautiful soft focus finish. In short, it's magic for me. Now I don't really have that many skin issues, but my skin isn't perfect either. I do have small bumps and discoloration. I do my full face, including a skin tone face powder, and then I go over my t-zone, under the eyes, nose, and chin with Dim to give the final touch. You definitely can use this shade to set your makeup if you're pressed for time, but this is more like that luxurious item I reach for when I'm going all out anyway. I don't think anyone would notice the effect of this, but you will when you look in the mirror lol. That's what I care about personally :) It's a neutral beige color that doesn't really show up unless you're very light or dark. Deeper skin tones can probably use it as a very subtle highlight, but it's the more "universal" shade they have. I'm a medium tan and it doesn't really show any color on me; it just does the blurring that I like. I rated packaging rather low, because it's actually a kind of cheap plastic. And if you're taking it with you a lot as I have, the gold letters eventually wear off :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a subtle powder that sits lightly on skin, adds a hint of glow and helps to blur minor imperfections such as blemishes. While people rave about this product as a miracle worker, don't expect a drastic change. I find it to be very, very subtle. It doesn't erase imperfections, it just helps to smooth them (kind of like a very lightly applied Photoshop filter). I have fair skin that is neutral to warm, and this shade matches my skin well. I like the product, and recommend it. However, it's not a miracle worker and the effect is understated. The price is high, which is why I'm knocking off a lippie.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

If you want to blur imperfections and look more youthful, I highly recommend Dim Light. I am very fair, so it shows up on me almost like a very light bronzer. I dust it at my temples, cheek bones and on the bridge of my nose. It doesn't sparkle, just looks like a healthy glow. I bought the sample size from Sephora, so if you're on the fence, start there. I have also used it as an eye shadow, just in the crease to add some depth. Really happy with this purchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Super light powder. I hate the heavier powder that I can feel on my face, and I hate blending so get the right color and it is pretty much fool proof and fast

The DIM is just a shade or tow dark for my fair skin. Works as a bronzer to warm up around my temples and blusher (peach) but is too dark for an all over powder.

I bought several of these, and the Luminous seems to work best for my fair / pink skin all over, setting under eyes, to luminize under and over eyebrows, and really build it up on my cheeks for a peach glow

The Luminous covers much of the redness in my skin, and I imagine the Dim would do the same for someone a tad shade darker than I am (I use the NARS concealer in color Vanilla)

I do not use foundation, I use a bit of concealer, and the Luminous lighting powder

I think if you get the right color and have decent skin, a bit of redness and unevenness, you too may be able to stop using foundation / BB / CC and go with concealer only and the color of powder that matches your skin

I haven't ever reviewed a product before but I was jumping out of my skin to write a raving review about this powder.

It is INCREDIBLE. I have quite porous skin, blemished skin with a few acne scars and have been searching for something that will give me that overall polished look. This powder is it.

I have a tendency to get quite oily, and use a tinted moisteriser as my base with a bit of concealer. I finish with this powder lightly dusted over my whole face and not only does it blend beautifully into my skin, it also covers my pores, and gives me a soft, golden glow

It is really really expensive, but I feel that it is completely worth it. I will definitely be repurchasing.

I read many of the reviews here and elsewhere before buying this powder. It's expensive, yes. But all the hype, in my opinion, is right on. It provides a nice finish with either my tinted moisturizer (Complexion Rescue) or regular foundation (MAC Mineralize). It gives me a soft glow and blurs some like a nice soft filter. NOT glittery and annoying like many other powders that claim to provide a blurring/soft effect. It's finely milled and of a high quality. I would not hesitate to buy again, although it is expensive (that says a lot). I would advise you go into the store and try out the various colors and let the SA apply so you can compare the various shades as you may fall in love with an unexpected shade (or 2 or more!).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this powder as a finishing powder on my NC25 skin and it looks wonderful. It gives me a soft, candle-lit, angelic glow to my skin that ties together my entire makeup look. The powder lasts for a long time and it's definitely worth a buy despite the steep price. You'll only need a light dusting of it so the compact will last you ages. I definitely have to recommend this.