November 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Powder - Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shade looks dirty on my NC25 skin. Somewhat chalky and poor quality imho. Sent it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to buy just one of these HG ambient lighting powders rather than the palette as the radiant lighting in the palette is just too orange for me. I am so glad I purchased the Dim Light as it is lovely day or night -- doesn't highlight pores, isn't one bit shiny or sparkly ... it just makes me look finished.... like my makeup is complete - I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh I didn't wana like this stuff! Seemed like an expensive other luxury I can't afford til I tried it! It even looks good over bare skin, but as a setting/finishing powder it's gorgeous. It's hard to explain. It makes you matte yet glowy and not powdery at all! And it didn't cake up my foundation/TM/etc underneath on my nose, like ALL powders do even sometimes my laura mercier setting powder (loose). But I mean the 2 are incomparable. It's unlike anything. Meteorites is sheerer and more glittery. Mac MSF depending on the type (natural: no glow; lightscapade: over the top glow well it's a highlighter after all) nothing like it. And do not use this as a highlighter: it's an all over face powder. It has sheer coverage and just an indescribable incandescence which I didn't believe til i saw. Not sparkly at all. Just. Perfect. My skin btw is very combo ranging from pretty oily to dry patches; and my shade is around a NW/nc 20 bobbi brown warm beige hourglass immaculate nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Expenisve, but oh so worth it! In love with my newest splurge that makes my skin look flawless and the product is so flattering I don't know what I was doing before it!

The packaging it stunning, the product is the most elegant finely milled powder that is undetectable on the skin, I will defiantly be going back for more shades, perfect setting powder, like nothing I have ever used before.

Having slightly oily skin, a glow is often not the makeup look I am after as it can accentuate and patches of oil through out the day, this however made my skin matte in the sense that no oil came through to the surface, but also kept a glowy finish on the skin. Gorgeous in photography too! Please go buy this product, I look forward to trying more Hourglass after this experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about this product. If I apply it lightly, it doesn't do much, maybe makes my skin look a bit better (but I'm already getting great results with the Chanel Vitalumiere Powder Foundation). If I go a bit heavier, it makes my skin look flawless (almost too flawless) BUT in a few minutes it turns an unattractive orangey-yellow on my NC25 skin. I think I should have gotten Diffused Light but the SA talked me into this one as she said it looks better on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by tinawoman

A great product that is a really good way of naturally enhancing the skin, especially in natural light. Definitely worth the money. Do try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Jstrazds

Love this product. It's like Photoshop in a powder compact. Yes it's pricey, but definitely worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by conniemaks5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! It gives my face the glow I had in my youth! The very next day after purchasing this powder along with the Hourglass foundation, I had two people tell me I had such beautiful skin. I haven't heard that in over 10 years! The downside is the cost. I never thought I would ever pay $45 for a powder. That is just crazy! So....call me crazy because I will buy this again and again!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The main reason i picked up this powder/highlighter is because of all the hype. I was looking for a new highlighter regardless so i figured it was a good time to test this product. I got mine at sephora and it was very pricey - $45. I cant say whether it lasts throughout the day or not because i can barely see it when i apply it. I have even applied it 3-5 layers and it barely shows up. It does not really blur any imperfections nor does it highlight. This product is not worth the hype its getting, especially for the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this powder..it does what it is suppose to do. It blurs imperfections really well, it's very finely milled, and it didn't break me out. However, the reason I only gave it three stars is because it's too dark for my skin. I am a NC15-20 in MAC, and 117 in MUFE, and you can tell its too dark. Other than that it's great, so if you have darker skin..get it. I won't repurchase.