December 18, 2014 | 1289 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Glossy Gloss - Merry Cherry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far I like this a lot! I like thick lip gloss. The color is great and pigmented but not opaque.It's not subtle but for red it's not overwhelming either. The most everyday wearable red I own.

Update: The more I've looked at it, I can't call it red on the lips. I have realized it's red in the tube put more of a dark, hot, pink on the lips So the swatch online may be accurate afterall??? E.L.F is notorious for inaccurate color swatches but maybe they are considering what the shade will look like on. Huh. Oh well still a great gloss and a pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got this today, and I am literally having a hard time believing how good it is, especially for the price - it cost a whopping $3.00!

Merry Cherry is a beautiful, beautiful deep true red; it may suit those with "cool" coloring best, though I think a wide variety of skintones can wear it successfully. On NW15 me, it goes on a sheer, glossy true red. It may tend a little pink, but it's very rare for a ed lip color to not do that on me, and Merry Cherry does it less than most. If you want to "ease" into red lips, Merry Cherry is a great place to start, as it can be worn sheer or more opaque, and it strikes me as a pretty universally flattering red.

True to the name, this gloss *is* very glossy. It has a remarkable lack of stickiness, but can go "goopy" if over-applied. It feels nicely moist, and lasts for several hours. If there's any shimmer in Merry Cherry, it's very very slight; since I prefer a shimmery gloss, I plan to add some mica powder to mine. I detect no scent or taste in Merry Cherry, either.

The rectangular tube seems a bit on the short side, but I actually like knowing that I may use up this gloss before it goes "bad." Besides, it's only three dollars! The packaging is simple, but feels "quality." I love the fact that it has a brush applicator, too.

I like Merry Cherry enough to buy it again, along with other shades of Glossy Gloss.