October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - Quattro Eyeshadow To Die For

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I got this based on the reviews here (not that I needed an excuse to buy anything from essence, it's so cheap and the quality is overall great as well!). I love how neutral and subtle the colors are, although I wish one of the two lighter colors would have a bit of shimmer (the darker brown one does). It would really add to the glowey effect. That having been said, I have plenty of highlighters that I can use separately, although it would be nice to have an all-in one. This has become my go to neutral-every-day subtle make-up look eyeshadow set though, the browns are nice and neutral, not orangey at all, and don't go on too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by BlueVampire

I cannot stress how AMAZING this product is! It is so cheap but, you get way more than what you paid for! The pigment is excellent, it's easy to apply (I use a Q-tip or a clean finger) and it's staying power is amazing! I wore this to school one day (which is 7 and a half hours long and also keep in mind I also took the bus, to and from, which is another hour, so in total it is 8.5 hours) and it was still exactly wear I put it. Plus, the best part of it all; I didn't even put on a primer. So, if you looking for a long-lasting eye shadow for school or work but, is also craving the savings (sorry, that was lame but, I just really want to rhyme :P ) this is the perfect eye shadow for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by godute666

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love these shadows! pigmented, soft, look great. the matt brown is perfect for the brows. i just don't like the packaging, not very attractive. but the product is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FAVORITE neutral palette. Great value, perfect palette for a gorgeous smokey eye. I have repurchased this three times!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

This is one of fave my to-go neutral eyeshadow quad. This is the one quad I mostly grab for my everyday eye makeup. It's quite pigmented considering the price. The way I wear it is I apply the pale pink shade all over the lid and the light brown on the crease,and I apply the matte dark brown on the outer corner connecting down to my lower lash line,lastly I put the white color in the inner corner and sometimes the brow bone. I love the finish,it's shimmery but not over the top it's subtle enough for me considering I'm 28 yrs old with hooded eyes, I don't have much time left to be rocking shimmery eyes so I'm loving this eyeshadow quad at the moment. I always apply elf $1 eye primer before I apply the eyeshadow and I never experience any creasing and it always last all day on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My go to pallette for every day use. I love the colours, and they're quite pigmented; everything shows up pretty well on my NC40 skin. The effect is very natural, and the shadows are easy to work with. I don't have the highest quality brushes and it blends pretty well, though the pale pink sort of seems chalky. I want to try the Anabelle trio next, which has very similar colours, and compare the quality. For now, I would certainly purchase this again. These shadows do crease on me, but I've never tested it with a primer...I should get on that, hehe.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

This eyeshadow are pretty good. They are kinda pigmented and blend well but they are kinda chalky so it is good if you are going for a super natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Found this quad thrown on a shelf at Ulta, seems as though someone had second thoughts about the purchase and set the product aside. Too bad for them! I picked it up and threw it in my bag without a second thought, I had never heard of this brand and couldn't tell you where this brand is located in my local Ulta. I usually purchase quite a bit when I shop and set this is in a drawer when I got home. I pulled it out a couple of weeks later and used it for a casual nude look to run some errands on a Saturday morning. Wow, I am really impressed with the quality of this little eyeshadow quad. I think it cost below $5 and it is worth that and more. Needless to say it stays on top of my make-up table and is one of about 3 eyeshadow quads/palettes that I use regularly. I definitely recommend this product, I am still trying to find where this brand is displayed at Ulta so I can find some other hidden treasures.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great every day neutral pallette. I like to wear this over the creme eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To as a base. I generally wear the white shimmery colour as a brow high light, the nude pink as a lid colour and the golden shimmered lighter brown or the darker taupe chocolate brown inthe crease and outter v.
I have generally found that the pink is a little chalky, but it may be the layering over the creme shadow.
It was so cheap, about $3. The packaging is a clear tacky compact with Essence logos printed on it. But that doesn't matter, its the product im worried about and its great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Until this product, I have only used high end shadows (Guerlain, Chanel and Nars 'all about eve' duo) because drugstore shadows have always left me disappointed in terms of quality and pigmentation. As a 39 year old in a professional field, I prefer neutral colors and satiny finishes with no glitter. Taking a chance on this quad, it has become my top eyeshadow set, better performing and better looking than my most expensive quads--on me. These neutral colors are rich, apply smoothly and don't flake throughout the day. I have hazel eyes and this quad creates such a rich look, really bringing out the green and providing stunning depth. All four shades are instantly usable. The other shadow quads from this brand don't have the same sophistication in terms of color combinations, in my opinion. I have backups of this quad. One last thing I appreciate about this quad is that on my skin, the shadows are true neutrals, with no strange yellow or red undertones.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No