Milani Color Statement (all)

4.4

Not tested on animals

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this brand. I have it in #62 Matte Blissful. It's a vibrant, baby pink and lasts ALL day! It does have the tendency to dry out your lips however, so keep a balm handy. The price is amazing, and I plan on buying many more shades!

on 3/1/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this lipstick line. It is super affordable but at the same time is great quality. Milani Color Statement lipsticks come in a large variety of colors. However, my favorites have to be Naturally Chic (pinky brown cream finish) and Matte Naked (perfect muted rose nude). The matte formula is probably my favorite since it is very long lasting (4-5 hrs) and transfer resistant, but it can be a bit drying and uncomfortable as they day goes on. For the cream formula, it is really comfortable to wear, very very very creamy but it does transfer, however, I find it to not transfer as much as my other lipsticks like my Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish or Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks. They all fade pretty nicely re-application is not a big deal. The biggest con to these lipsticks would be that they're always sold out and tested on in the drugstore AND they have a jolly rancher watermelon smell to them.

on 2/13/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. I have it in the color Uptown Mauve, a bright, vibrant pink. Amazing quality for such an amazing price. I wouldn't say it's a super matte like lime crime, but it is definitely a matte lipstick. This color reminds me a lot of the lime crime pink velvet, but this pink is just darker.

The formula is smooth and when you put it on, it STAYS on! It just sinks into your lips and really has such amazing staying power and DOES NOT BUDGE! Absolutely no transfer and no tackiness. Can shrivel your lips, but a balm will solve the problem (preferably one that does not drag, while the product does not bunch up, it can move around a little).

Absolutely love this lipstick, it's 6.50$ by me, and I am getting it in other colors.

on 1/27/2015 8:37:00 PM

These are some of my favorite drugstore lipsticks! I own three colors, and I feel that the Spring 2014 released shade, Rose Femme, is the smoothest and most pigmented. I find that it only one swipe to get an opaque effect. I love the formula overall and the scent is. amazing. They smell like jolly ranchers! Highly recommended for those on a budget.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I picked up one of these in the shade Nude Creme and it was entirely wrong for me. Though the shade really flushed my "natural beige" skin out, I find that the formula really accentuates the deeper, permanent lines in my lips when i smile biggest. it really disappointed me, but if you don't mind pouting or not smiling the entire day, shoot for it. As for the wrong shade, that was my entire fault for not doing research first. If you face the problem I have, lots of blotting will help. I will, of course buy this lipstick again, in the shade right for me, haha! Oh and the price at walmart is great, About $4 each!

on 1/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have quite a few of these lipsticks and there are some pros and very few cons.

Pros:
Color payoff is great for this price point. Even though some of the finishes aren't my fave, I have to give the line credit for the opacity. Secondly the wear time I get with the creme colors (with absolutely no shimmer) is about 3-4 hours. And even then there's minimal fading. One swipe in the bathroom and I have a fresh set of lips again. They're not drying at all, but will accentuate lines and dry patches if you have them. I suggest exfoliation the night before and a great lip balm. When you rub you lips together there's some slip, but not enough to make you feel you're wearing a gloss. The creme colors, though they don't have shimmer, there's a sheen. Not a glossy sheen but the typical sheen a moisturizing lipstick has.
I wish they had lip liners that matched/coordinated with the lipsticks a bit better. Because when trying to pair the liners in store more times than not the undertones are different when u get home.

Cons:
The smell is like that watermelon jolly rancher wrapper smell. It's not as strong as holding the candy to your nose, but you can still smell it. With the more nude colors, since I wear a gloss over them, the smells fades (or I don't notice them for as long). But with my burgundies, reds, and berries, since I wear them matte and alone, I smell them periodically. And on some days it'll turn my stomach.

But I'd still purchase them again. There are some Mac dupes.

Colors that I suggest are:
Sangria
Cabaret Blend
Nude Creme
Naturally Chic
Chilled Brandy (but only for an accent in the center of the lips when doing deep wine color)

on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 PM

Love, love, love. Never thought I'd find something more perfect than the Revlon balm stains but this is it. The lipstick is in a gold tube that's simple and attractive. It smells good. It's matte but not dry but t not creamy and smeary. It wears off evenly so there isn't a ring around my mouth. And it lasts a long time. It is $6 where I live. Uptown Mauve is a perfect dupe for Mac Rebel.

on 10/16/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried this lipstick as per a recommendation from someone on the boards here -- I LOVE it! I bought Ruby Valentine, a slightly darker red, and it's great. I love the finish of this lipstick, mostly because it's not like any others that I have. (I believe it's called "vinyl" on the packaging -- has a shine to it but it's not sticky or slippery.) It can tend to feather around the edges sometimes, but I don't mind wearing a lipliner with it. It also survived my true red lipstick test: eating.

I've always hated Milani's cheap, gold plastic packaging, but I'd definitely re-purchase this colour or grab a few more!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this line of lipstick as I already got it in the shade Teddy Bare, which is a great nude for girls of the chocolate persuasion. Saw a youtube guru jawing on about the new purple lipstick trend for fall and one she suggest was the shade Violet Volt. I was in CVS to get an Rx filled and seriously hoped they had the shade I was looking for in stock since my local store's makeup section always looked like the sack of Rome. I was in luck! I got the last one, yay. Since they had a buy one, get one half off on Milani stuff, I treated myself to a new nail polish shade, too. Anyway, thinking this was going to look darker on my skin, I tried it on- smooth application, sheer at first but buildable, great smell like candy but the shade though... ohh no no, not for me. Its a nice purple shade, but too bright for me, which hurts the most because I really wanted to wear it. It looks as if it could flatter girls lighter than me (I'm nc 50 for ref) and girls with more olive in their skin since it was a pinky-purple and not a more warmer rich purple. Since I don't believe in waste, I will get a lip pencil in a dark purple shade to give it depth. Not giving up on you, V.V! At any rate, love Milani's lipsticks and they will always be a re-buy to me but not this shade if I can't get it to work.

on 10/13/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love the staying power of the Milani Color Statement lipsticks. I have Violet Volt which is a bright purple that's pretty wearable on olive and darker skin tones, as well as Sangria. While they do transfer, they stick pretty well and I only had to do a serious reapplication after eating. Even when it faded it left a nice lip-stain look.

My biggest gripe is the smell. It's this awful chemical candy smell, that thankfully wears off after a few minutes. My lips are typically dry and I didn't have much of an issue.

If it weren't for the smell, I'd give this a 5.

Popular Lipsticks