November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Color Statement (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahty9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love. Never thought I'd find something more perfect than the Revlon balm stains but this is it. The lipstick is in a gold tube that's simple and attractive. It smells good. It's matte but not dry but t not creamy and smeary. It wears off evenly so there isn't a ring around my mouth. And it lasts a long time. It is $6 where I live. Uptown Mauve is a perfect dupe for Mac Rebel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I tried this lipstick as per a recommendation from someone on the boards here -- I LOVE it! I bought Ruby Valentine, a slightly darker red, and it's great. I love the finish of this lipstick, mostly because it's not like any others that I have. (I believe it's called "vinyl" on the packaging -- has a shine to it but it's not sticky or slippery.) It can tend to feather around the edges sometimes, but I don't mind wearing a lipliner with it. It also survived my true red lipstick test: eating.

I've always hated Milani's cheap, gold plastic packaging, but I'd definitely re-purchase this colour or grab a few more!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this line of lipstick as I already got it in the shade Teddy Bare, which is a great nude for girls of the chocolate persuasion. Saw a youtube guru jawing on about the new purple lipstick trend for fall and one she suggest was the shade Violet Volt. I was in CVS to get an Rx filled and seriously hoped they had the shade I was looking for in stock since my local store's makeup section always looked like the sack of Rome. I was in luck! I got the last one, yay. Since they had a buy one, get one half off on Milani stuff, I treated myself to a new nail polish shade, too. Anyway, thinking this was going to look darker on my skin, I tried it on- smooth application, sheer at first but buildable, great smell like candy but the shade though... ohh no no, not for me. Its a nice purple shade, but too bright for me, which hurts the most because I really wanted to wear it. It looks as if it could flatter girls lighter than me (I'm nc 50 for ref) and girls with more olive in their skin since it was a pinky-purple and not a more warmer rich purple. Since I don't believe in waste, I will get a lip pencil in a dark purple shade to give it depth. Not giving up on you, V.V! At any rate, love Milani's lipsticks and they will always be a re-buy to me but not this shade if I can't get it to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by cornejcn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the staying power of the Milani Color Statement lipsticks. I have Violet Volt which is a bright purple that's pretty wearable on olive and darker skin tones, as well as Sangria. While they do transfer, they stick pretty well and I only had to do a serious reapplication after eating. Even when it faded it left a nice lip-stain look.

My biggest gripe is the smell. It's this awful chemical candy smell, that thankfully wears off after a few minutes. My lips are typically dry and I didn't have much of an issue.

If it weren't for the smell, I'd give this a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CroatBoat

Ive only owned one tube of lipstick before I bought Naturally Chic and Rose Femme from this line. I always thought lipstick looked ridiculous on me but this has turned me into a convert. Its easy to apply and lasts well, but does become more of a stain than lipstick throughout the day. Rose Femme is that darker browny pink color that I was looking for, since I hate the look of unnatural fuchsia pink lips. I use it on days I actually wear full makeup, and as for Naturally Chic, it really makes me look more put together even with no makeup. I plan to try out Cabaret and Plumrose(?) too

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this lipstick , Very creamy and long lasting , its vibrant and perfect for wearing out . you def get your moneys worth .
I Own only one shade i do plan on purchasing more just haven't got around to it as yet ,
since there's so much lipsticks i want to try .
i Own the shade " 14 Rose hip "
Its a vibrant bright Hot pink shade .
a lot of people compare this shade to " Mac Yum Yum " But they're not really alike in my opinion " Mac yum yum " is brighter and it has more of a neon Pink undertone . and " Milani rose hip 14 " has more of a Hot pink Purplish Undertone . i still LOVE THIS SHADE i just hate when people say its a dupe of " Mac yum yum " because its NOT .

( here is a link to a close up picture of me wearing this product in " 14 rose Hip "

----------> http://oi58.tinypic.com/s6oeo1.jpg

Overall I love this shade and product i will def repurchase this shade and other shades i think any complexion women can pull " 14 rose hip "by its self or with a Lip Liner .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

A year or so back I purchased Milani Color Statement lipstick in "Naturally Chic", #25. It's a nice, peachy-brown creme on me. Unexpectedly, what came to impress me most about Milani Color Statement lipsticks is the staying power. Nowadays many lipsticks wear like lip balm/lipstick crossovers, but this is straight lipstick and it wears like it, too in a refreshingly old school sort of way. I even like the glam gold tubes with the handy color window on the bottom (so much more accurate than a sticker!).

Recently, I purchased this lipstick in "Fruit Punch", #11 and "Sugar Glaze", #39. Fruit Punch is a creme shade of warm rose-coral, a bold shade that may resemble a hot pink on fair skin tones. Sugar Glaze is a peachy nude with a gold shimmer, which will flatter a variety of complexions. With respect to many creme-finish lipsticks, I've noticed wear time is considerably improved over their pearl, frost or satin counterparts, even within the same brand. With Milani, however, the wear-time on Sugar Glaze is just as good as can be found in their creme finishes. While I must admit it was entirely unexpected to encounter a lipstick so waxy in that Sugar Glaze doesn't spread all that easily in spite of the gold shimmer I'll happily live with the waxier feel in exchange for a lipstick that actually stays put!

For all the great things about these lipsticks unusually nice packaging for a drugstore brand and unusually long-wearing shades there is a significant drawback that keeps me from enjoying these lipsticks more often. I am a flavored lip balm fan but in spite of the fact that product fragrances do not typically throw me off the watermelon fragrance to this line of lipsticks is far too strong. Someone else described it as a Jolly Rancher candy sort of smell, and I would agree.

For as much as I like these lipsticks, overall, I really wish Milani would rethink the watermelon scent. Not only is this one of the more over-powering scents I've encountered from a drugstore brand, but given that this brand is geared toward women of color the choice of watermelon strikes me as stereotypical perhaps even offensive. Scent aside, these are great products, fantastic colors and quality formulas. Until Milani rethinks the overpowering fragrance, however, I am tempted to purchase these Color Statement lipsticks only if 1) they are on sale, and 2) I can't locate the color I'm drawn to in another brand. Although it's doubtful I will purchase another Milani lipstick any time soon thanks to the clingy, watermelon scent, I'm rating this 4 lippies because the formulas are first-rate offering better staying power than the likes of L'Oreal and Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Umm what the heck, why did it take me so long to try these??!? These are AMAZING. Regardless of the price which is also unbeatable, this is my favorite lipstick formula I have found to date. Some people don't like the fruity scent, but it dissipates really quickly so i don't mind it at all. There's great pigmentation on these, and they feel really moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. I literally can't stop wearing the shade I got (Rose Femme, a pinky-brown-mauve, slightly 90s, slightly MLBB kind of feel) and plan to get many more!! For the price point, you definitely can't do any better than these... and beyond that, these are certainly comparable to many mid-end or even high-end lip products. Love!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by supeya

The color that I have is flamingo pose. The color is very opaque which is the only good side. For some reason milani lipsticks doesn't suit my lips. Couple of years ago I tried on lipstick from Milani and I had this problem. So this time around I exfoliated my lips very well and then tried Flamingo pose, but again my lips began to peel. The scent of the lipstick is very fruity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was skeptical that a drugstore lipstick would have the pigmentation that I like in lip color. But this one was a pleasant surprise. It does have a "jolly rancher" smell to it but I notice it fades after a few minutes. The color I bought is Chilled Brandy, a nice frosted plum. The frost/shimmer is fairly subtle but does show dry spots on the lips if you do not use a balm under it and exfoliate well before.

It wears well, I drank coffee and still had a good amount of color/stain left. I just touched it up and it wore for 3-4 hours without needing to touch up again.

Overall I would say if you can get past the smell then give it a try. It is a very nice full coverage, pigmented lipstick.