April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Color Statement (all)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by supeya

The color that I have is flamingo pose. The color is very opaque which is the only good side. For some reason milani lipsticks doesn't suit my lips. Couple of years ago I tried on lipstick from Milani and I had this problem. So this time around I exfoliated my lips very well and then tried Flamingo pose, but again my lips began to peel. The scent of the lipstick is very fruity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was skeptical that a drugstore lipstick would have the pigmentation that I like in lip color. But this one was a pleasant surprise. It does have a "jolly rancher" smell to it but I notice it fades after a few minutes. The color I bought is Chilled Brandy, a nice frosted plum. The frost/shimmer is fairly subtle but does show dry spots on the lips if you do not use a balm under it and exfoliate well before.

It wears well, I drank coffee and still had a good amount of color/stain left. I just touched it up and it wore for 3-4 hours without needing to touch up again.

Overall I would say if you can get past the smell then give it a try. It is a very nice full coverage, pigmented lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I live in Australia and am sick of having to spend around $20 just for what is a budget brand lipstick in the USA only to discover that it's rubbish, so I decided to buy up various brands at Cherry Culture and The Beauty Joint after researching swatches online for products we simply don't have here. I thought I'd take a punt on a Milani lipstick as I'm completely sold on their Brandy & All Natural lipliners.

The hold is great (unlike NYX Round Lipsticks which dribble over your lipliner and feather right into the age lines around your mouth) & is pleasantly moisturising, even when blotted down. Forget about Max Factor, Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline & the rest: Milani Color Statements leaves them for dead in the longevity, comfort and stayput stakes (even when I've slopped it on at home without using a lipliner!). The Color Statement lipsticks could give HE brands a run for their money...

... But I just can't get past the sickly, strong scent and the flavour from it that permeates my mouth. Considering the fact that I have very dry lips, plus somehow manage to work off lipstick incredibly quickly, I need to be touch up at least every few hours and just end up feeling sick by the end of a working day. I like the quality so much that I've tried to persist with it quite a few times hoping I could get over the taste, especially considering that there are a few more shades I'd LOVE to try out. Sadly, it's just too overwhelming for me to try to ignore. Yes, it does wear off, but by then I'm in need of a touch-up.

The quality and price are unbeatable. There's a selection of shades, tones and finishes enough to find at least two or three favourites for any gal... but only if you aren't sensitive to heavily fragranced lipsticks.

I'm heartbroken. Please, Milani, could you stop trying to cover up any icky natural smells with cheap perfume? I'd be willing to pay you $35 a tube if you'd leave it as it is. Personally, I'd rather a few weird smells over this tacky cover-up any day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am completely floored by the staying ability. I was not expecting such a long wearing lipstick! I purchased these in Flamingo Pose, Uptown Mauve, and Plumrose. Upon initial application, I was immediately aware of the waxy texture. Not to say it's unpleasant - it feels cushy and lush on the lips. The texture also creates a really beautiful sheen and makes the lips look plumped up with high opaque pigment. The scent on this is strong when applying from the tube, but it does not linger. So pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far...I have only tried four of them...and I love some more than others. Still overall I give this line of lipstick 5 stars because I really enjoy most of them! When smelling the lipstick in the tube, the scent is quite strong but I can't smell it at all when I put it on my lips.

Fruit Punch. I love this color…I think the combination of this lipstick with Mac’s Pink Lemonade lipglass is amazing. It has just enough warmth in the lipstick to make it more wearable on my skin tone. The lipstick is creamy with a cream finish. Though these lipsticks don’t make my lips peel…I feel much more comfortable wearing these on top of a lipgloss. For this color although lipliner would be nice I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary.

Nude Creme: This lipstick is a pinky nude with a cream finish. I would say it has the general color idea as L’oreal Fairest Nude color. Unfortunately like most nudes, this color doesn’t look very appealing on my skintone without some colored lipgloss. The consistency is creamy and applies easily on the lips. I would apply some nude lipliner to fill my whole lips and especially outline the edge so that I get an clean and even opaque nude finish.

Naturally chic: It’s a cream finish with a nice creamy consistency. This is my everyday color. I top this lipstick with Mac’s Lust lipglass and the combination is very work/prof school appropriate. I don’t think this lipstick requires lipliner and it’s the most hassle free application because of it. (This may also be because it’s the closest to the color on my own lips). The color applies well with just one or two layers. This is the first color I purchased and because I liked this one so much I ended up getting the other three.

Best Red: Thought it’s a pretty bright red color, this is my least favorite of the bunch. Unlike it’s name, it’s not the best red lipstick I own. It’s matte with more a stiff texture and thus the color is a bit difficult to apply. Also, if you accidentally get this outside your lips you’re screwed because it’ll stain red rather quickly. If you kiss someone the lip color will get all over them and it has a lot of transfer. I would try tissue-paper-blotting technique so it becomes more of a stain. I would also use a lipliner and lip brush to apply this color…thus making it the more bothersome lipstick to deal with. The formula is the most drying of the bunch…but not to the point of significantly peeling my lips. It just makes the inner part of my lips a little more crackly looking if I don’t apply lipgloss with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I haven't bought a single one of these that I don't like. I grab these before a lot of my MAC lipsticks. The colors are super pigmented and glide on like a dream. I cant wait to buy Best Red, its always sold out, though! And it smells like Jolly Ranchers which is a huge plus. At less than $4 a pop, I have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Everyone's mentioned the many beautiful things about this product already, and the only new bit I have to add is this: what lovely packaging! Seriously, it is so pretty! It's classy, gold, shiny, and all-around the best-looking drugstore lipstick I have ever seen. WAY better than many high-end brands too! I would buy this just for the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Glorious. I have Best Red and Black Cherry. Best Red is a deliciously matte color that's a bit darker than a true red, but will worth with almost any skin color. Black Cherry is a bit more sheer, but it's very dark and luscious. These lipsticks are just so incredible, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These lipsticks are amazing. They are everything the previous reviewers are saying - long-wearing, comfortable, incredibly pigmented, you name it...and only appx. $6/tube! You can't beat that with a stick. Many of these colors have "high end" dupes. You can pick up a large range of the colors in the larger drugstores, but you can also order online. I picked up a few of the colors that weren't in stores from their website, and the shipping was incredibly fast. DO NOT miss out on trying at least one of these! There are enough colors in the range to suit everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS!!!! I bought almost every color! they go on so smooth, opaque and I LOVE THE SCENT!!! They are long wearing and I hope these stay around for a VERY long time! These are such an awesome drugstore find! Milani really did an awesome job on these and I feel these are better than alot of high end brands! The price and color payoff is perfect. I find I get so many compliments when I wear these and not to mention the sleek gold tube makes it look so ooohh la la! Great job Milani! These are awesome!