January 31, 2015 | 1417 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Chocolate

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by JudiLY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely loved the color of this on me--very natural, not too bold, bright or anything. I would definitely say this would be a go to color for me to wear. Texture is smooth, lipstick color is extremely opaque, not too drying to the lips--heck, I love this color! I even bought a backup.

Women of Color, this lipstick is perfect as a nude-slightly bold nude with rich plumy-mauvey, slightly pinkish (depending on lip color) !!!
----
For Reference: Warm Honey Brown skin tone, I was MAC NW45 (which was a bit too red in tone for me) during summer months..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this unique color. I love the satin finish. The color is like a dark brown with plum/pink undertones imo. It can be considered a natural nude lip for some dark skintones. I feel that if you have darker features it looks best on you and i mean those fairer skinned with brown/black hair and eyes as well. I have paired it with a light outline of nightmoth liner and also with cork liner. It's not drying and it lasts awhile. Definitely recommend if you come across one at a great price. Just purchased my backup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's just perfect. Deep enough to be dramatic, but not too dark.The slight gloss of the satin formula keeps it from looking too severe on my smallish mouth.

I get really weary of the relentless barrage of "Limited Edition" collections MAC puts out. Not only because it's an obvious ploy to get an extra hand in the customer's wallet, but for reasons like this. Hot Chocolate is my favorite deep lip color for fall. And I can never get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very unique colour. It's a mix between a brown and a plum colour. It's difficult to pull of but I love these dark lipstick/brown shades. Really 90's in my opinion. Looks great with a neutral eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I purchased this at auction, as it was sold out on the MAC site and of course overpaid for it. The color is true to the shade shown on Macs website-a true dirty plum. However, I went on the Live chat at Mac asking what lipstick was on the model for the Apre's Chic collection and I was told it was as follows: lip balm, red enriched cremestick lip liner, then warm companion lipstick and finish off with Hot chocolate lipstick. Other than warm companion (I used a very similar shade) I followed her direction and the result was not even close to the photo on the website-I got a brownish-mauve effect, not the rich color shown on the model. Not happy since I paid almost double for it. Finish is on the dry side. Must use a clear gloss over it or else it really looks dull and blah. Those of you "lemming" for this shade can calm down, its not all that.