September 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Masks - Clinique - Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this and fell in love. I don't use this a face mask, I use it as my daily face moisturizer. It is rich and thick and yet absorbs quickly into my skin. I only use about the size of a pea for my face so the price is very reasonable because a container of this lasts a long time. It's the best face moisturizer I've found, I also use it daily on my neck and hands. It's a shame that this product has all these great reviews under facial masks, a place I never check for recommendations. This truly outstanding product is not getting the attention (here at MUA) it deserves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely intense moisturizer "over night mask". Applied at night after one's usual routine. (My routine now is: rosewater toner, PTR glycolic gel, 2 drops Argan oil) and once a week I've applied this "mask". Definitely hydrates well overnight. Will need to buy a full size when my gift size runs out. Will have to compare to glamglow's mask in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This does what it says, it leaves your skin plumped-up and hydrated
in the morning

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic stuff. I've been working long anti-social hours and my skin has suffered from being in an air-conditioned office for most of the day and night. This stuff has been a lifesaver. Soothes, calms and plumps. Well done Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I never bought this, I always recieved it as a gift of purchase and I had like 5 of the mini bottles. One of the best gifts of purchase!

I think the name "mask" is a bit misleading, its really a night time moisturizer. But hey it works! This is a tall glass of water for the skin, for any type of skin. Deeply moisturizes and doesnt just moisturize and vanish into the skin, it keeps giving and pouring into the skin until you wash it off. When I started Accutane, this was such a relief! So soothing for the face. Then wake up to a glowing, plumped, hydrated and radiant face. Spa in a bottle. Please do not use this in the daytime! Its too much.

My mother uses this as well, and I can see a difference in her skin when she uses this, her skin is smoother and has a glow despite her having large pores&dry skin that is somewhat acne prone. Neither of us have broken out from this mask.

this is a wonderful treat for when skin is dull and dry. Sadly All of my samples are gone, but I will say that I will buy this. The samples I had lasted me for ages! I can imagine buying a full sized will last me even longer. Overall, super product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG night time moisturizer. I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone and at the same time it's really sensitive and can get flaky. I bought it in winter when I got carried away with acne treatments and my skin looked like a desert. I started using it every night all over my face and it made a difference almost immediately. It has improved my skin texture a great deal and has never broken me out. Now I only put it over the areas that are more prone to flaking - like my nose and cheeks. It is thick and creamy and it does leave your face shiny though but it shouldn't be a big problem since it's an overnight mask anyway. It doesn't have a strong smell and it lasts forever - I've had mine for almost 4 months and I've only used a half of the tube. I'll definitely repurchase this, even though it's a bit on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by silverlakeconservatory

I have combination, acne prone skin, so using this mask seems like a disaster waiting to happen. But I was wrong! Over the years I've learned that if you have acne you shouldn't cater to acne but rather your skin type.

I apply this mask not every night but after I've done intense (and extensive) exfoliating after my shower and after I've applied my night time moisturizer. Even with my thick night time moisturizer layered with this ontop, I didn't experience any breakouts! Rather, my skin has been hydrated and amazing, just make sure to cleanse your face the following morning.

PROS:
- Moisturizing
- Won't break you out
- Not sure if this is beneficial for REALLY dry types, but for my combination skin it's amazing
- Gets in your eyes? No problem! It can actually be used as an eye cream as well
- Yes it's 30USD, but it'll last you forever
- In a tube!
- No fragrance

CONS:
- It can be easy to get carried away with the amount applied
- Ingredients aren't the most natural but if it works then hey..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Wow! I am speechless with this product... definitely HG! Highly recommended!

I don't usually need hydrating products, but the dry winter has started affecting my skin. I've been on the hunt for high end moisturizers and serum samples but none really did it for me. Skin was still rough, dehydrated and feeling tight. Came across the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask and I just decided to buy it as a hail mary pass. Best decision! After one application, my skin is instantly smoother with no tightness. It even looks more radiant after looking quite sallow and dull since it became dehydrated. Will be using this every night!

FYI: The SA at Clinique told me that the whole Moisture Surge line is to be used as a fortifier and NOT on it's own. Basically, anything in the line is to be used on top of moisturizer (including the moisture surge gel and creams - which according to her are not moisturizers at all but additional products for the skin). I don't know how accurate this is since this is the first time I've heard of it, and all reviews and blogs have not mentioned this, but following her advice, I use the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask on top of my moisturizer.

Side Note: This product is absolute amazing, but not very cost-effective. It says to apply generously, and since the mask sinks into the skin pretty fast, I had to use 4 fingertip sized blobs to really get a generous lather - basically to act as a mask rather than normal moisturizer. Pretty sure I'll use this up fast!

*UPDATE*
After using this overnight mask for a few nights, my skin is now more hydrated and I can use less of the product. My skin must have been quite dehydrated to absorb the product so quickly previously. Now I'm only using half of what I initially required.

However, I also noticed that if I don't use the overnight mask every night, my skin starts reverting back to the dehydrated state. I'm not too happy that I have to rely on the product to maintain my skin hydration levels, but so far this is the only product that has worked for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by taradoyle82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright. Let me first start by saying, I joined this site to read reviews and research before I bought products, not write them. But this is something I HAVE to review!

I bought this overnight mask because my skin is not only intensley dry, but dehydrated. We have had our coldest and longest winter here in Ottawa in over 20 years and it showed in my skin. Our apartment is also very dry as we cannot control the heat level and its always blasting. Not to mention our wall to wall carpeting sucks any moisture out of the air. We had 2 humidifiers running but that only added to the heat in our place. My skin was really sallow looking and REALLY dry. I suddenly had lots of fine lines showing up, my skin had no glow to it and not to mention had a rough looking texture. On top of our super dry apartment and uber cold winter, we have hard water. That sucks all the moisture from your skin as well. So things were really not going my way for moisturized skin.

After trying SO many products on the market that just couldn't get my skin back to the way it was, I decided to hit up my local clinique counter and give them a try. I have never used clinique products and I have never even really considered them while shopping for skin care. Why? I have no idea but I wish I had. I bought this on a whim to go with the moisture surge moisturizer that I would use during the day and the mask at night. That night I decided to exfoliate and wash my face and use this mask. After washing my face and letting it dry for about 15 minutes, I went ahead and applied the mask. Right away, the texture is very creamy without being heavy. It has a light scent but really nothing perfumy which I love. I applied about a dime sized amout to my finger and started to apply it all over my face and neck and within 5 minutes, it had absorbed right into my skin without leaving a trace. That's how dry my skin was! It was like my skin was drinking it all in! It sounds rediculous but it really felt like a thirst quencher for my face. I decided to apply about a pea sized amount right around my eyes and same thing, absorbed within minutes.

The next morning, my face felt beautifully soft but didn't look any more mositurized. I guess in my head I would wake up and look like a Disney princess without a single flaw and glowing from within after 1 application. That was a week ago and today my skin looks INCREDIBLE! It's soft, smoothe, my redness is gone, my skin has an even tone and not to mention, my skin looks dewey! Like I have never had a dry skin in my life.

I have been using this mask every night and using the moisture surge extended thirst relief in the morning after I am out of the shower. It asborbs in a flash and my skin stays beautiful and hydrated all day!

I paid $92 for both products and I wish it had a smaller price tag but really, for a product that works as well as this, I would pay it again. You really do not need much of the product so I feel I got my money's worth. I hope this review helps anyone that had as many skin issues as I did and I hope this works as well for them as it did for me!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Laurawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unbelievably good! I bought this to use as a night cream as I have dry/combination skin. After three weeks using it every night, I can honestly say that I am over the moon with it. I use it after my three step and it goes on like silk, absorbing well and leaving my skin feeling soft, supple and hydrated. Even better, the effect lasts until morning and after three weeks my skin feels better than ever. Consider using this after the three step system at night. I use moisture surge thirst relief during the day after my morning three step and am very happy with this regime overall. Another huge plus is the price compared with the size, great value, great quality, feels luxurious.