July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Masks - Clinique - Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG night time moisturizer. I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone and at the same time it's really sensitive and can get flaky. I bought it in winter when I got carried away with acne treatments and my skin looked like a desert. I started using it every night all over my face and it made a difference almost immediately. It has improved my skin texture a great deal and has never broken me out. Now I only put it over the areas that are more prone to flaking - like my nose and cheeks. It is thick and creamy and it does leave your face shiny though but it shouldn't be a big problem since it's an overnight mask anyway. It doesn't have a strong smell and it lasts forever - I've had mine for almost 4 months and I've only used a half of the tube. I'll definitely repurchase this, even though it's a bit on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by silverlakeconservatory

I have combination, acne prone skin, so using this mask seems like a disaster waiting to happen. But I was wrong! Over the years I've learned that if you have acne you shouldn't cater to acne but rather your skin type.

I apply this mask not every night but after I've done intense (and extensive) exfoliating after my shower and after I've applied my night time moisturizer. Even with my thick night time moisturizer layered with this ontop, I didn't experience any breakouts! Rather, my skin has been hydrated and amazing, just make sure to cleanse your face the following morning.

PROS:
- Moisturizing
- Won't break you out
- Not sure if this is beneficial for REALLY dry types, but for my combination skin it's amazing
- Gets in your eyes? No problem! It can actually be used as an eye cream as well
- Yes it's 30USD, but it'll last you forever
- In a tube!
- No fragrance

CONS:
- It can be easy to get carried away with the amount applied
- Ingredients aren't the most natural but if it works then hey..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Wow! I am speechless with this product... definitely HG! Highly recommended!

I don't usually need hydrating products, but the dry winter has started affecting my skin. I've been on the hunt for high end moisturizers and serum samples but none really did it for me. Skin was still rough, dehydrated and feeling tight. Came across the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask and I just decided to buy it as a hail mary pass. Best decision! After one application, my skin is instantly smoother with no tightness. It even looks more radiant after looking quite sallow and dull since it became dehydrated. Will be using this every night!

FYI: The SA at Clinique told me that the whole Moisture Surge line is to be used as a fortifier and NOT on it's own. Basically, anything in the line is to be used on top of moisturizer (including the moisture surge gel and creams - which according to her are not moisturizers at all but additional products for the skin). I don't know how accurate this is since this is the first time I've heard of it, and all reviews and blogs have not mentioned this, but following her advice, I use the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask on top of my moisturizer.

Side Note: This product is absolute amazing, but not very cost-effective. It says to apply generously, and since the mask sinks into the skin pretty fast, I had to use 4 fingertip sized blobs to really get a generous lather - basically to act as a mask rather than normal moisturizer. Pretty sure I'll use this up fast!

*UPDATE*
After using this overnight mask for a few nights, my skin is now more hydrated and I can use less of the product. My skin must have been quite dehydrated to absorb the product so quickly previously. Now I'm only using half of what I initially required.

However, I also noticed that if I don't use the overnight mask every night, my skin starts reverting back to the dehydrated state. I'm not too happy that I have to rely on the product to maintain my skin hydration levels, but so far this is the only product that has worked for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by taradoyle82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright. Let me first start by saying, I joined this site to read reviews and research before I bought products, not write them. But this is something I HAVE to review!

I bought this overnight mask because my skin is not only intensley dry, but dehydrated. We have had our coldest and longest winter here in Ottawa in over 20 years and it showed in my skin. Our apartment is also very dry as we cannot control the heat level and its always blasting. Not to mention our wall to wall carpeting sucks any moisture out of the air. We had 2 humidifiers running but that only added to the heat in our place. My skin was really sallow looking and REALLY dry. I suddenly had lots of fine lines showing up, my skin had no glow to it and not to mention had a rough looking texture. On top of our super dry apartment and uber cold winter, we have hard water. That sucks all the moisture from your skin as well. So things were really not going my way for moisturized skin.

After trying SO many products on the market that just couldn't get my skin back to the way it was, I decided to hit up my local clinique counter and give them a try. I have never used clinique products and I have never even really considered them while shopping for skin care. Why? I have no idea but I wish I had. I bought this on a whim to go with the moisture surge moisturizer that I would use during the day and the mask at night. That night I decided to exfoliate and wash my face and use this mask. After washing my face and letting it dry for about 15 minutes, I went ahead and applied the mask. Right away, the texture is very creamy without being heavy. It has a light scent but really nothing perfumy which I love. I applied about a dime sized amout to my finger and started to apply it all over my face and neck and within 5 minutes, it had absorbed right into my skin without leaving a trace. That's how dry my skin was! It was like my skin was drinking it all in! It sounds rediculous but it really felt like a thirst quencher for my face. I decided to apply about a pea sized amount right around my eyes and same thing, absorbed within minutes.

The next morning, my face felt beautifully soft but didn't look any more mositurized. I guess in my head I would wake up and look like a Disney princess without a single flaw and glowing from within after 1 application. That was a week ago and today my skin looks INCREDIBLE! It's soft, smoothe, my redness is gone, my skin has an even tone and not to mention, my skin looks dewey! Like I have never had a dry skin in my life.

I have been using this mask every night and using the moisture surge extended thirst relief in the morning after I am out of the shower. It asborbs in a flash and my skin stays beautiful and hydrated all day!

I paid $92 for both products and I wish it had a smaller price tag but really, for a product that works as well as this, I would pay it again. You really do not need much of the product so I feel I got my money's worth. I hope this review helps anyone that had as many skin issues as I did and I hope this works as well for them as it did for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Laurawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unbelievably good! I bought this to use as a night cream as I have dry/combination skin. After three weeks using it every night, I can honestly say that I am over the moon with it. I use it after my three step and it goes on like silk, absorbing well and leaving my skin feeling soft, supple and hydrated. Even better, the effect lasts until morning and after three weeks my skin feels better than ever. Consider using this after the three step system at night. I use moisture surge thirst relief during the day after my morning three step and am very happy with this regime overall. Another huge plus is the price compared with the size, great value, great quality, feels luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this face mask! My skin gets very dehydrated especially in the winter months. I don't use this overnight but use it once or twice a week and leave it on for 20-30 mins at a time before rinsing it off with water. It has quite a greasy texture but does soak into my skin well and leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. Using this regularly has definitely helped to eliminate tightness and dryness from my skin. A winter essential!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by becstew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this masque! I have dry, dehydrated skin especially on my forehead. After just one use the flakiness was gone, and my skin felt soooo soft! I never knew a face cream could work so well so fast. Usually night creams cause me to break out, but I have been using this almost every night and my skin is completely clear. Previously, I had tried the dramatically different Clinique lotion but I felt it did not moisturize my dry patches and left behind a film. The only downfall is it's a bit pricey, ($40 Canadian) but it works fabulously so to me it is worth it! Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! My skin is uber-sensitive in the winter, and other Moisture Surge products have not worked for me previously, I'm very impressed with this one. As other reviewers have mentioned this is £29 for 100ml, so you get more product than you would the gels/creams in a jar, and this tube packaging is much more hygienic. The gel-cream texture is easily absorbed and makes a great base for makeup (despite what Cosmetic Cop PB says). I have acne-prone skin with huge pores, but this doesn't break me out and I've been using it twice daily as a moisturiser. Will continue to repurchase forever - thank you Clinique for finally producing a product that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

HG for me. So glad I bought it! I love, love, love this overnight mask - and this is coming from a person who *hates* almost the entire Moisture Surge line - the moisturiser I tried was tacky, the tinted moisturiser irritated the hell out of my skin so I hesitated for quite a while before purchasing. I had tried Boscia's Tsubaki sleeping mask and Laneige's Water Sleeping pack but both were too fragranced and gave me more problems than I started with.

I decided to give this a go after my Aunt raved about it, and because my skin has been dehydrated and I have been working late hours in a high-stress job, my skin needed moisture. I had patches of dryness, and irritated cheeks with some flaking. I'm clog-prone but have no current issues and maintain my skin with BHA - although trying new products always makes me nervous in case of breakouts/clogged pores.

I began putting on a small amount at night, and a thicker layer around my eyes - then reapplying again in the morning after cleansing. This works great and is non-greasy, not heavy, thick or sticky and soaks right in. There is no tackiness or gross after-feel. I can put my make-up on after giving it a minute or so to absorb. My skin looked radiant, moist and more even-toned (had some blotchiness/irritation from being out in the cold) after 2 days - and was glowy again. I love mixing this in with foundation as well for a dewy (not greasy) look. I've been using it regularly as a moisturiser on top of either my serum or by itself for a few months and I would definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone with dull skin, dryness, stressed out skin and irritation from cold weather or products. Bonus points that it's not in a jar so you don't need to jam your fingers or spatula into anything before use.

Product info:
Cost: $33 USD for 3.4 oz

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-8, Glycereth-28, Sucrose, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, PEG-75, Caffeine, Pantethine, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

I've just used this product for a few days but I was like "I need to write a review on MUA asap!!"

All the excitement aside, I really like this product. It is thicker than the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief and less greasy than the Moisture Surge Intense. The consistency is well-balanced as well: kind of like a hybrid between a cream and gel, with a peachy tint to it.

What does it do to my skin? I've used it as an overnight mask for a couple of days - when I woke up I accidentally touched my face and I was like "!??!? what did I use last night". My face has never felt that smooth, and more importantly, NO dry patches, which is almost impossible as my skin is crazy dry in winter.

I do agree with a reviewer below that this product seems more like a moisturizer than a mask. But honestly I like its texture and I'm fine with it the way it is.

Will continue to use it and update if I have further thoughts! Didn't give it 5 lippies since as great as I find it to be, it does not seem to be anything revolutionary/ shocking/ that I will declare as HG immediately.