Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

4.5

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-8, Glycereth-28, Sucrose, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, PEG-75, Caffeine, Pantethine, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5

I really wanted this to work for me, as i have extremely dry and tight skin. However, i put it on generously, and 10 mins after my skin feels as tight again, and i dont see any results in any way.

I usualy do not write reviews, but here i feel like i really have to, cause this mask is the best moisturizer i ever tried. I was so surprised to discover that this so called mask is not heavy greasy stuff like i expected. But no, it feels light and gentle and so calming on my skin...
I use retin a and alpha hydroxy acids in the evenings, of course alternating these two, so you can imagine my face is very very dry and flaking - actually it was so last winter, before Clinique mask discovery. This winter my face hardly ever has a flake, cause i use this mask every night an hour after my acid or retin a treatments. This mask also transforms my very dry wrinkle prone undereye skin. I recommend this mask definitely!

I bought this product after extensive research on the best moisturizers/night creams for dry, sensitive skin. I've now been using it religiously every night for about 2 months. After the second use I was hooked. I wake up every morning with healthy, hydrated skin. I can't even recall all of the other night creams I've tried, from all different price ranges. Some were ok, but nothing made a significant difference. This product has transformed (literally) my dry, uncomfortably tight, dull skin into healthy, plump and hydrated. I will always have sensitive skin, but this stuff treats it well. Looks I've finally found a holy grail moisturizer! PS- don't let the "mask" part fool you, it is indeed a night cream. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I read lots of reviews here and on Paulas Choice website and there are only + about this mask. So I bought it last week, I was so excited, but omg..I broke out. Really bad. It is so sad and I dont understand why, because I checked the ingredients and they look friendly to oily, acne prone skin.. So I should use it only on neck..I dont no:( but packaging, smell, color, everything is so nice, I fall in love when I tried it. Its such a shame that my skin didnt like it:(((

This was a surprise delight as I got it as part of a bonus time gift.
I never liked any of the leave on masks I had tried in the past, so I was skeptical to begin.

I was delighted that after use, each morning my skin felt softer and plumper and looked more dewy. The mask has a slight smell of alcohol. It spreads easily and absorbs easily. I did not find that it left a residue.

This is an easy to use un-offensive smelling mask that really leaves your skin more hydrated, soft and plumper after use. Recommended indeed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this product! I've had difficulty in the past with moisturizers; many have broken me out yet done little to help with my dry skin. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical when I read about this product on the boards, but thankfully I gave it a shot.

I have been using this product for about 14 months. Even though it's marketed as a mask, I use it more like a traditional face cream. I apply a generous amount in the evening after I shower, and I massage it into my skin for about 45 seconds to a minute, focusing a bit more on my drier areas. I wake up with soft, supple skin. If I'm going to apply foundation in the morning, I'll splash my face with water, pat it dry, and then apply a bit less than I do in the evening. Like most moisturizers, this works best on damp skin. My foundation applies beautifully on top of it.

My husband also has dry skin. He had an intense attachment to Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturizer, even though it really didn't help get rid of his flakes at all. After much persuading, I got him to give the Clinique a try, and he's now a convert too. He's been using it about a year and comments often that it has helped to improve his skin.

We just purchased our fourth tube. While it is a bit on the expensive side, I'd say a tube does last a long time. We'll absolutely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so incredible that even though there are many reviews, I wanted to put in one more plug for those that haven't discovered it (I discovered this product through another makeup alley reviewer - thanks so much!)

This is definitely more of a thick lotion than a traditional mask. You don't rinse it off (you keep it on all night long and it's doesn't get onto your pillow) it's not pasty and thick.

This "mask" - really lotion - leaves me with the softest, smoothest, plumpest, most moisturized skin I have ever felt. My skin looks more radiant and glows a bit in the morning when I wake up.

It's always gentle and even calms my skin down if it's feeling a bit irritated from the retina, alpha hydroxy acid and other lotions I put on my face.

I think the price is great considering how expensive good facial products are now getting (all started with La Mer and the cosmetic industry hasn't looked back) and it's a truly effective product so worth every penny.

This mask is so much better than Laneige's. for clinique's overnight mask, I apply it after all my skincare at night. It dries quite quickly on my face, so there no sticky, uncomfortable feeling when I go to bed. It's gentle and doesn't cause me any irritation, I even use it under my eyes. In the morning, I really do feel the difference when I'm washing my face. My skin is more plumped up and smooth. Also, the squeeze tube is much more sanitary than on a jar. :)

A thicker moisturizer for night time use, but I sometimes use it during the day if my skin is feeling especially dry/flaky.

I used this product for almost a year and repurchased another tube a few months ago. It will leave your skin looking supple in the morning and isn't irritating at all.

Would recommend for day time usage for those of you with extremely dry skin. This product is calming and made my face appear fuller in the morning.

May repurchase in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Update, Nov 1, 2015: After using this product for two weeks and a very long flight, I have found that it is definitely worth the money. At first, I couldn't tell a difference but after a couple of uses, I now see what everyone is raving about.

This mask left my skin very hydrated without being greasy and left my skin beautiful and clear. I traveled across country and used it on the plane as I would a face cream. My skin didn't feel dried out at all. I also attended a wedding after using this for about a 1 1/2 weeks and I got so many compliments on my skin!

Next time I go to the Clinique counter, I'm def going to pick up a full size. I'm just waiting to run out of my current face cream :)

Original Review: October 1, 2015:
I received a sample of this when I bought some other products from the Clinique counter. This is basically a heavier version of the moisture surge gel moisturizer. It's gel like, not heavy/creamy but once on your skin, it feels sticky and heavier.

Grab a sample if you're unsure of the product, I bet I have enough for 3/4 nights because the product goes so far...even from those tiny samples that you get.

A very small amount goes a long way...I put a dab on my forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin and maybe added a little bit more here and there.

It definitely sunk into my skin like the product states and my skin was ultra smooth in the morning but a bit greasy on my nose. I hope this doesn't clog my pores! It feels good on the skin but so far, nothing that my Cetaphil cream can't accomplish.

I love the feel of the moisture surge products and I like to think that I'll use this in the future but for $37.50 or whatever the price, it's a lot more expensive than my $15 Cetaphil cream that lasts a long time that I can use all over my body...more bang for your buck.

Popular Masks