January 27, 2015 | 2012 users online

Masks - Clinique - Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 9:02:00 PM More reviews by cakesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. I was so pleasantly surprised by this product. I had a pretty disappointing experience with the regular moisture surge moisturizer, so after that I didn't have real high hopes for this one. But it is GREAT. My skin has been pretty dry and a little sensitive lately. But when I put this on after exfoliating, it immediately felt wonderful. Hydrating and soothing. My skin felt nice immediately with no stinging or feeling like I needed a little more moisturizing.

I'm not entirely sure what makes this a mask instead of just a great p.m. moisturizer. Maybe it's a little TOO hydrating for daily use. I did sort of feel like my skin was a little extra shiny the next day, so I'll use once or twice a week.

I got a small tube for $8 from sephora. But the full size is still not too badly priced at $33 for a wonderful product that will probably only be used once or twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 10:21:00 AM More reviews by verseau212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Obsessed with this product. I use it every night after serum and cream on my ultra dry, sensitive skin. Wake up hydrated and shiny, in a good way.

Only problem is the packaging-it exploded once when I took it on the plane.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 12:10:00 AM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another 5 star review for this. First of all, I haven't found this product to be a one-use overnight miracle worker (I was underwhelmed at first), but continued use has left my skin in remarkably better shape! I have dehydrated, acne-prone & fairly oily skin, and this has worked wonders. My skin has become a lot less dehydrated and my oiliness has decreased significantly. It hasn't broken me out at all. After about 3 months of use I started to notice how much brighter and softer my skin looks, and I'm pretty sure this has a lot to do with it (I haven't changed much else significantly in my routine). I use it about 3 times a week. The packaging is functional as a lot of Clinique is. I will definitely be repurchasing this, it's pricey but so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:25:00 AM More reviews by gardeniarose

My skin is fairly dry around this time in the year and gets really flaky on the cheeks. I've tried using moisturising face masks, ones in the packets with put-on-peel-off/facial cloths, but it didn't really do the trick. It would work for a few hours but by the next day my face was back to dry.

I was drawn to the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask because of the relatively reasonable price (bought it on the plane). Its very creamy, and it just seems more like a thicker moisturiser. I applied a generous thick amount over my dry spots on my skin, and the next day my face was smooth and quenched. A little sticky, but after washing my face it was all good. It worked really well but I dont think I would need it in the summer. During this time I also used SK-II FTE which mightve influenced the outcome.

Be warned, not sure how it would turn out for those who are acne prone and people with oily skin. Check the Cosdna

www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_fc2d173074.html

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Laura1992

I have dry acne prone skin, I use this along side the acne blemish solutions 3 step kit and this has changed my skin dramatically! My skin was very dry from using the 3 step kit and this has sorted that! I have no more dry patches and my make up goes on much better! It didn't break me out at all and it doesn't really have a scent! I don't need much so the bottle will last me a long time! I really recommend this for anyone with dry skin!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 7:52:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to find this in my Christmas stocking as I'd read such great reviews of the product and had been wanting it for some time. I will admit to being a bit "underwhelmed", perhaps because I was expecting something really amazing based on all the glowing reviews.

For starters, Clinique would do well to perhaps re-name this, as it's not a mask in the sense that most of us have come to understand that term as it applies to skin care and they really would do well to included better, clearer instructions. To me, this seems more like a moisture supplement or additional treatment, rather than a "mask". And the instructions aren't super-clear about how you're supposed to use this (over serums, moisturizers? in addition to them or can it be used on its own? can it be used in the eye area and if so, over eye cream or not? How much should this be massaged into the skin? Is it to be used once or twice a week or nightly? The vague instructions are why I took off a lippie for "packaging" and I am still not sure of the answers, though I did speak with the Clinique rep today when I was at the counter.

In truth, I'm not really blown away by the results from this but I've only used it twice and I don't think it's made all that big a difference; I think the products I use before applying this mask are doing the bulk of the "work". But I'll keep using this and alter my review if my opinion changes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been needing a good moisturizer/mask for a while now and I decided to trial this based on the excellent reviews everywhere. Seriously though google it, check clinique's website, mua, etc... It is quite highly rated.

Retails for R420 (ZAR) for a 100ml size tube.
Packaging is a pink tube with a silver screw on cap.

Product itself is a pretty pale pink gel-cream and feels more like a moisturizer than a mask and can be used as both. Feels nice and silky being applied to the skin but leaves a definite sheen on the skin, even when applied in small quantities. I myself like a good glowy/dewy finish but this was definitely too shiny even for me.
Used the product as directed and applied a bit before going to bed. Felt nice and comfortable but looked shiny - kinda like i had a peel-off mask on.Woke up to a dry/thirsty looking face. Huh. Wanting to love this mask, I stuck with it and used the product another 4 times. Alas I still did not wake to find plump, soft, moisturized skin. Instead, I was still as dry as before and had developed several spots and clogs using this. So sad.
Overall a nice product, but not for me.
Oy vey. The quest continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has killer reviews not just here, but also on the Sephora website and Paula's Choice. And no wonder! It's reasonably priced and one of the best things I've ever put on my face.

FYI, here's my skincare story:
I'm in my late 20's, I used to have oilier skin when I lived on the West Coast, but now I live on the praires and my skin has become more combo and dry (in the winter especially). In the last 2 months I decided to establish a better/more rounded skincare and anti-aging routine. After trying many samples and doing loads of internet research, my routine consists of Fresh soy cleanser followed by Radical Skincare exfoliating pads, this Moisture Surge mask at night and a light Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF in the morning.

I use this mask really as a night moisturizer. I put a thin layer all over my face before bed, including around my eyes. It remains a bit tacky once it dries, but I've never had a problem with it coming off on my pillow or anything. I adore that there is no fragrance! In the morning my face feels and looks soft, bouncy and smooth. Dare I say, glowy? After a week of nightly use the stubborn dry spots I had were gone! I had just bought the Tarte BB primer and was sad that it accentuated my flaky skin, but thanks to this mask there are no more problematic flakes!

I don't find it too heavy, I am happy using it every night, and a little goes a long way. I understand why some people might only use it occasionally, but I think it depends on what your skin needs, and what other products you already have in your skincare routine.

This is absolutely my HG night moisturizer now. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Life saver after a long haul flight! I use it everytime after a long flight, when my skin feels extremely thirsty due to the dreadful cabin air. I apply a thick layer on and message it in for a couple of minutes and leave it on for the night. In the next morning, my skin will be supple and soft again. I don't use it very often, so the big tube lasts quite long. Love the tube packaging, so hygenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lexibell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on the wonderful reviews. I have had oily, yet incredibly resilient skin for my whole life up until this winter; suddenly, my skin is now dry and prone to flakiness. I struggled early in the season to find a good moisturizer that would hydrate without clogging pores, and am so happy I stumbled upon this. My skin is balanced, glowing, and calm. It also looks good in my medicine cabinet next to my other products.