October 25, 2014 | 2027 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Hydra Recharge

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

Love this shampoo! It's cone free along with the conditioner and works great. Garnier definitely makes the best drugstore hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the best

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I'm not sold on this product. I've been using it for around a month I would say and I've noticed a pretty significant improvement after a dreadful run with a salon brand that left my hair in just terrible condition. It did great for returning my hair to it's original shine and softness but it doesn't leave it as clean for as long as I would like. I have pretty dang thick hair and lots of it, and its not oily so generally I do "hair day" every other day, sometimes I can wait three days. I wanted to wait to review this until I had been using it for a few weeks so I knew how it really worked. I find my hair loses a little bit of its "oomph" after just a day, and I can usually keep it going for a few days. Overall I do like this line, but I'm not sure if I will keep using it. I was struggling with how many lippies to give it, and I decided to give it four because I do think it's a really good quality product, I'm just not sure if it's the right one for my hair. I would recommend it for anyone to try! I don't think most people will be disappointed with it. I'm not disappointed, but I do think there is a better product out there for my hair.

****UPDATE**** I had a severe allergic reaction to this product. I got incredibly itchy skin accompanied by hives if I even itched a little bit....I thought it was from my new puppy that I have only had a few months, but I realized the itching had only been going on as long as I had been using this. So I changed products and a week later the itching has almost stopped all the way. I know not everyone is going to have this reaction and everything works different for everyone, but I never have allergic reactions. I will never be buying Garnier products again...I'm sure it's an ingredient they use. I wont take lippies off because of the reaction, because overall I like what it did with my hair. Just be cautious!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

i was surprised at how good this works! not only does it have minimal sulfates in the shampoo but the conditioner has no silicone! i was super surprised for a store brand to leave that out! the shampoo is a smidge drying but if you use the conditioner and maybe use a little leave in conditioner in your hair after its fine! however because of its lack of silicone it seems drying because alot of us are used to our hair after using silicone products which (gives the temporary shiney and healthy effect)... so give it a chance it does a good to average job for what you pay for it. and if you must follow the sulfate free hype just use this conditioner! its rich and lightweight and smells awesome which is a plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never had flakes in my hair before using this and the conditioner . This left flakes in my hair and it was very dry like straw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best $3 a shampoo can buy! This stuff is awesome, it moisturizes & cleans the hair nicely..Some shampoos can't get it and get that balance right but this one does.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

The only bad thing about this shampoo is that it stripped my hair color really reeeeally bad. I'm talking, within only one use it faded my hair color maybe half a level. Therefore, I have to give this only 3 lippies. I would recommend it though, as it was a really nice shampoo.. Just not to those who have color treated hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Aeroo

I use this shampoo with garnier fall fight conditioner and after the shower my hair feels soo clean and so soft and this shampoo makes a noticeable difference , right when I rinsed it out my hair felt so soft!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by AnnieBain

Being a typical teen I have to try every moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, lotions, and balms. Originally I've been using the triple moisture shampoo and conditioner which is a life saver if you have bad dry damaged hair! I swear on it, but when I was close to running out I had my mom pick me up some new shampoo. I went on a search when my mom pointed out the hydro recharge. Impressed with its title and promising results I decided to try it out. The first time I used it I felt like my hair was dry and hay like when I rinsed. I didn't like it. But the beads in it felt so good on my scalp. I decided just to roll with it and put my triple moisture conditioner. When I got out and my hair was dry I couldn't believe it. My hair was so sily and soft and shiny in my opinion. It was light weight and felt amazing! No detangler needed. I even woke up in the middle of the night and started to stroke my own hair thinking "damn. My hair is so soft!" Its a good product

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Received a sample of this with my Winter Classic tickets (really?). I typically use higher end products because cheap ones give me dander, but I figured I'd give it a fair shot. I have very fine, now color-treated (and thus dry and tangly) hair.The shampoo didn't feel super moisturizing during my shower, but it wasn't awful.
The conditioner felt so silky immediately when I put it in. I am currently using a Nexxus conditioner with no silicones (cones provide slip), so maybe that's why it felt so silky. At any rate, I followed with the 1 minute treatment. I was concerned that it because it felt really moisturizing it would be weighed down (had this problem with Aveeno before). When I got out of the shower, I was able to easily (easily!!) brush through my hair -- this is no easy feat. Because my hair's been bleached & dry, I have to use Johnson&Johnson detangler every day, and I still have issues. With this conditioner, nada one. It was silky smooth.
I dried it as usual, and it wasn't weighed down. But negative point - it definitely didn't give me the shine I get when I use my Nexxus. But this could be because 'cones leave buildup, dulling shine. So great detangling powers, but not salon hair when you dry it.
Bottom line: I'll probably use the conditioners again when my hair starts to get super dry and tangly because it works crazy well to detangle and moisturize; but I really like the shine I get from no silicones, so I won't use this every day. Also, I guess the shampoo is average at best.