Garnier Hydra Recharge Shampoo

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Cocoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Fragrance, PEG 14 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 39, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Niacinamide, Pyridoxinehcl, Hexylcinnamal, Citric Acid, Saccharum officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Ultramarines, Bisabolol, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, FIL D158393/3

on 4/12/2015 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- hair felt really smooth afterwards

CONS:
- This shampoo made my hair really tangled while washing
- lots of hair loss while washing

on 2/14/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My hair is thick, coarse, and dry. I thought this shampoo would be great, but I hate it.

PROS:
- it does leave my hair feeling very smooth after I've dried it

CONS:
- the shampoo is VERY thick making it almost impossible to work through my hair and lather
- while washing, it makes my hair texture kind of weird and easy to tangle

on 2/2/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I usually really like Garnier hair products but this Shampoo and conditioner made my scalp and hair very dry & i got very itchy! :(

on 1/12/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is dry because of the 30 degrees winter months, dry heat inside, and past hair dying. I used Garnier's Hydra Recharge Shampoo and I'm not too happy with the results. It lathers up well but it leaves my hair very dry. The actual product feels very thick. The scent is mediocre. I'm not a fan of this product and after trying it several times, I think I'll just leave it alone and stick to the other Garnier products.

on 9/8/2014 7:34:00 PM

the best

on 8/31/2014 6:38:00 PM

I'm not sold on this product. I've been using it for around a month I would say and I've noticed a pretty significant improvement after a dreadful run with a salon brand that left my hair in just terrible condition. It did great for returning my hair to it's original shine and softness but it doesn't leave it as clean for as long as I would like. I have pretty dang thick hair and lots of it, and its not oily so generally I do "hair day" every other day, sometimes I can wait three days. I wanted to wait to review this until I had been using it for a few weeks so I knew how it really worked. I find my hair loses a little bit of its "oomph" after just a day, and I can usually keep it going for a few days. Overall I do like this line, but I'm not sure if I will keep using it. I was struggling with how many lippies to give it, and I decided to give it four because I do think it's a really good quality product, I'm just not sure if it's the right one for my hair. I would recommend it for anyone to try! I don't think most people will be disappointed with it. I'm not disappointed, but I do think there is a better product out there for my hair.

****UPDATE**** I had a severe allergic reaction to this product. I got incredibly itchy skin accompanied by hives if I even itched a little bit....I thought it was from my new puppy that I have only had a few months, but I realized the itching had only been going on as long as I had been using this. So I changed products and a week later the itching has almost stopped all the way. I know not everyone is going to have this reaction and everything works different for everyone, but I never have allergic reactions. I will never be buying Garnier products again...I'm sure it's an ingredient they use. I wont take lippies off because of the reaction, because overall I like what it did with my hair. Just be cautious!!

on 8/26/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i was surprised at how good this works! not only does it have minimal sulfates in the shampoo but the conditioner has no silicone! i was super surprised for a store brand to leave that out! the shampoo is a smidge drying but if you use the conditioner and maybe use a little leave in conditioner in your hair after its fine! however because of its lack of silicone it seems drying because alot of us are used to our hair after using silicone products which (gives the temporary shiney and healthy effect)... so give it a chance it does a good to average job for what you pay for it. and if you must follow the sulfate free hype just use this conditioner! its rich and lightweight and smells awesome which is a plus!

on 7/8/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never had flakes in my hair before using this and the conditioner . This left flakes in my hair and it was very dry like straw.

on 5/4/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Best $3 a shampoo can buy! This stuff is awesome, it moisturizes & cleans the hair nicely..Some shampoos can't get it and get that balance right but this one does.

The only bad thing about this shampoo is that it stripped my hair color really reeeeally bad. I'm talking, within only one use it faded my hair color maybe half a level. Therefore, I have to give this only 3 lippies. I would recommend it though, as it was a really nice shampoo.. Just not to those who have color treated hair.

Popular Shampoos