July 29, 2014 | 1963 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Camu Camu Vitamin C Brightening Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The smell doesn't bother me, in fact, some of the high end Japanese & Korean serum has this kind of smell.
The consistency is runny like water, however, upon drying on the face, has a sticky feeling.
Don't let the package fool you, it has only 1 oz. of product in a container that easily fits a 3 oz. of liquid in it.
All of the negative prospects just turns me off and the other Camu products aren't any better. I bought this as a kit with other creams at Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To sum up--funky smell, no results, save your money.

Vitamin C products are prone to going bad and this one developed the telltale smell not long after I started using it. Either Ulta let it sit way too long or it's just too unstable. I saw no results at all. I'm good about skin care so no one product is going to produce a dramatic result, but this one produced zero. To be honest, I'd rather spend twice as much on CEFerulic, which I know is good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Absolutely no results. Watery consistency that dried sticky and weird funky smell. Pretty pricey too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by NudeBlush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Something in this gave me instant blackheads. I know because when I stopped using this serum I had much fewer blackheads form. I wouldn't buy this I you are blackhead prone. Also it does not travel on the plane well. The high altitude turned the serum into this runny liquid.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was just okay for me. It smelled wonderful, but the consistency was odd and kind of watery. I also used this serum twice a day and just didn't notice much of a difference in my skin. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a PTR product that I won't try because I L.O.V.E. PTR, but this one just didn't do much for me. I would 100% try it again, but there is another serum that I have loved and used for quite some time- I just wanted to try something from PTR. Brighter skin: No, no difference. More even skin: No. Skin felt firmer: I would say yes. Fine lines and wrinkles: N/a. If you are looking for a brightening serum, I would say to try another

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LBooz16

This antioxidant serum is a very good option for oily, combo or acne prone skin. It has a very fluid formula so it absorbs into skin almost immediately and leaves no sticky residue. As with all good antioxidant products it delivers brightening effects and that "glow" everyone always wants but without feeling to heavy for daytime use. Which is good because they are meant to be used during the day along with SPF and moisturizer to protect the skin. The packaging is airtight and opaque which is mandatory for antioxidants or else they will deteriorate in quality. It has a strong citrus smell but it's not unpleasant just strong. I started using this when my prevage was getting just a little too heavy for daytime use for me and it's been comparable. Thankfully the price is better too as I was paying $165 for prevage and this is $85, still expensive but def easier on my wallet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the course of 4-5 weeks, I went to various Sephora stores in my area to get samples of this product. Having fallen into and OUT OF love with a number of PTR products in the past I wanted to be sure I liked this before I handed over my hard earned cashola. I like this serum so much it's unreal. My skin looks brighter and the texture is improving. I apply to dry skin immediately after cleansing. It absorbs super quickly and feels like there is nothing on my skin at all... and that is exactly what I wanted. I hate vitamin C serums (or serums of any kind for that matter) that leave my face feeling sticky or slimy or coated or anything of the sort. The scent is pleasant, kind of citrusy but doesn't not linger. Yes, the packaging could be improved - it isn't the best but it's far from being the worst or even anything worth complaining about. I purchased the full size finally since I was (and continue to be) very happy with this serum. I'm picky about my skincare products and this one, for me, is an absolute winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cherrykist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the smell. It makes my feel dry,and tight, even after moisturizing. Too expensive to continue buying for lack of results.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a ho for Peter Thomas Roth skincare, I skimp and save to afford Mega Rich moisturizer and Unwrinkle Peel pads but this product is a joke.

I use The Body Shop Vitamin C Boost - costs pennies compared to this, has stabilized - and ethically sourced! - camu camu, works better and has good slip.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am returning this product ASAP. I wanted a serum to use under makeup/sunscreen/night moisturizer. I usually use Clarins, which run about the same price as this ($85), except this is a 1.7oz size versus a 1.0oz. I thought I was getting a deal, with almost double the product. It comes out as a very thin liquid, like an oil, except there's no oil in this product. It doesn't irritate, feels good on the skin & smells fantastic but there's absolutely no moisturizing properties to it. It's similar to splashing toner on the face. I can't comment on any of the "brightening effects" because I won't be using it long enough. The ingredients make it sound like a great serum, but the product itself is disappointing. Get a sample to take home & try before you purchase. If your skin is very OILY and you're looking for a super light serum, this is for you. Sadly, it's not me. I need a serum to moisturize a bit, as well as contain anti-oxidants & brightening ingredients, this doesn't hit that mark for me.