Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Vitamin C Brightening Serum

2.4

Water, Myrciaria Dubia (Camu Camu) Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Cyclopentasiloxane, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Soluble Collagen, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Cholecalciferol, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Pca, Laureth-7, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Mica (CI 77019), Fragrance.

on 6/7/2015 1:51:00 PM

This is the third time I've tried this product. I repurchase it every time it's included in gift sets/value sets. And every time I retry it (applied twice a day), I remember why i didn't like this product. It does nothing for me - unfortunately. The pump dispenser is crap. Each time I press the pump too much comes out, so you waste a ton of product, as you don't need a lot (it is a serum, after all). The smell is...different. I want to say that it's like orange based, but it's not entirely unpleasant. The second time I tried it, it actually broke me out pretty badly, but the third time around, it doesn't seem to be doing it, but it's probably because its actually doing nothing. Disappointing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been a real miracle worker for me! I love all of PTR's products and I own many of them. His peels, cleansers, masks, etc. This is a great serum for my skin, I am on the oily side but I do have some anti-aging concerns. This really smooths my skin and it does not make it break out, like many serums have done to me in the past. It absorbs quickly and it really seems to make my skin more even toned and (almost) flawless. If you are having issues with this being too sticky , you are probably using too much, which is easy to do because it is a VERY watery serum, not thick at all. If I find I've been too heavy handed with it, I will spritz my face with Caudalie grape water spray and it even out just fine.
This is really good for oilier skin and anyone with uneven skin tone issues. Make sure you're not sensitive to acid -based products because judging from the scent this is strong one (although its never given me any problems) My skin will tolerate fruit acid based products well, so I am in love with this and will use for years!

on 9/16/2014 6:15:00 AM

I use this serum at night, after the PTR Gentle Complexion Correction Pads, and I love it! It is a lightweight serum ... perfect for oily skin. It absorbs completely - no sticky or unpleasant residue. Not sure why some reviewers are experiencing stickiness .... maybe theirs is expired or they used too much? Don't know. But it absorbs completely for me.

I use a PTR Gentle Complexion Correction Pad first.
Wait 5 minutes for my skin to thoroughly dry (and absorb all the acids and other goodness from the pad).
Then apply 1 pump of the PTR Camu Camu Serum all over my face.
That's it.

In the morning my skin looks clearer (has eliminated the acne I used to get), brighter and more even toned (from fading discolorations and acne scars). I could tell a difference from the very first night of using these two products together. Great, awesome night-time combo. Perfect for oily or problem skin. If you have dry skin , you may want to use the PTR Camu Camu Moisturizing cream instead of the serum because the serum is very lightweight and only lightly moisturizes.

Also, I have very fair skin (NC 10) and this serum leaves no tint whatsoever on my skin. It goes on clear. I think the reviewer before me may have an expired product, because I know Vitamin C will turn brown when it gets old, and that may explain the change in color/tint it left on her skin. If you experience a tint from this, exchange it for a new bottle. It should not leave any color on skin.

Plus .... I like the orange scent. :)

on 8/17/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, so I bought this at Sephora. Beautiful bottle, really enjoy PTR products and was excited to start working on brightening my complexion as well as fading acne scars, and was told Vit C was the way to go... not with this product...
it smells like an orange left in the car in the sun, sickly sweet and pungently off...ewe... and it is sticky and left an unpleasant orange tint on my face. It feels like an organic don't- like when my neighbor comes over with her homemade beauty recipes- this orange peel mashed up and sticky left on my face... not a good feel, not a good look. Two thumbs down...

on 6/28/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The smell doesn't bother me, in fact, some of the high end Japanese & Korean serum has this kind of smell.
The consistency is runny like water, however, upon drying on the face, has a sticky feeling.
Don't let the package fool you, it has only 1 oz. of product in a container that easily fits a 3 oz. of liquid in it.
All of the negative prospects just turns me off and the other Camu products aren't any better. I bought this as a kit with the Camu moisturizer and sleeping mask at Sephora.
They all have a sticky feeling, like putting glue on and left an orangy stain on the skin.

on 4/19/2014 4:45:00 PM

To sum up--funky smell, no results, save your money.

Vitamin C products are prone to going bad and this one developed the telltale smell not long after I started using it. Either Ulta let it sit way too long or it's just too unstable. I saw no results at all. I'm good about skin care so no one product is going to produce a dramatic result, but this one produced zero. To be honest, I'd rather spend twice as much on CEFerulic, which I know is good.

on 3/20/2014 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Absolutely no results. Watery consistency that dried sticky and weird funky smell. Pretty pricey too.

on 1/16/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Something in this gave me instant blackheads. I know because when I stopped using this serum I had much fewer blackheads form. I wouldn't buy this I you are blackhead prone. Also it does not travel on the plane well. The high altitude turned the serum into this runny liquid.

on 11/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product was just okay for me. It smelled wonderful, but the consistency was odd and kind of watery. I also used this serum twice a day and just didn't notice much of a difference in my skin. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a PTR product that I won't try because I L.O.V.E. PTR, but this one just didn't do much for me. I would 100% try it again, but there is another serum that I have loved and used for quite some time- I just wanted to try something from PTR. Brighter skin: No, no difference. More even skin: No. Skin felt firmer: I would say yes. Fine lines and wrinkles: N/a. If you are looking for a brightening serum, I would say to try another

on 11/13/2013 8:46:00 PM

This antioxidant serum is a very good option for oily, combo or acne prone skin. It has a very fluid formula so it absorbs into skin almost immediately and leaves no sticky residue. As with all good antioxidant products it delivers brightening effects and that "glow" everyone always wants but without feeling to heavy for daytime use. Which is good because they are meant to be used during the day along with SPF and moisturizer to protect the skin. The packaging is airtight and opaque which is mandatory for antioxidants or else they will deteriorate in quality. It has a strong citrus smell but it's not unpleasant just strong. I started using this when my prevage was getting just a little too heavy for daytime use for me and it's been comparable. Thankfully the price is better too as I was paying $165 for prevage and this is $85, still expensive but def easier on my wallet.

Popular Treatments (Face)