September 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - MOISTURE WHITE SHISO CLEANSING OIL

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by alula

I'm really surprised there is only one review for this. I don't have a lot to add (I agree with everything the great review that previous reviewer wrote), in that this product is more cleansing and less drying than many of the other cleansing oils that I've used (namely Shu Uemura, but also Fancl and Lumene). I use this in the evening only - rubbing all over on dry skin to loosen up makeup and dirt. Although I find it cleanses fairly 'cleanly', I feel more comfortable following up with just a smidge of cleanser (whatever I have around) and then I'm good to go. It's a good bargain and one bottle has lasted me ages. I didn't give it 5 stars, only because I use a stubborn mascara that and this doesn't remove it 100%. But for someone with sensitive, clog-prone, reddish skin, I've been extremely happy with this stuff for well over a year now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by eylemelif

I have tried DHC, MAC and Shiseido cleansing oils before and liked Shiseido the most. Because it is not as thick as DHC and not as runny as MAC. I observed that thicker cleansing oils can be drying, and hard to rinse off.

This one is thicker than Shiseido. So, I was disappointed at first but then I found a way to adjust its viscosity to my preference. First, I use less product: I use 2 pumps with Shisedio, but only 1.25 pumps with this one. I moved the product to the Shiseido pump bottle, so the comparisons are accurate.

Then I use a method a learned at Clarins web page for applying products, you can watch the videos yourself. I rub the product between my two hands to warm it up and melt it for a couple seconds. My palms and my fingers are covered with the product. Then I gently press, and then rub my hands to my face. This way, I can get only 1.25 pump of the product to cover my whole face easily. The result is not drying as using more product, and it is easier to rinse. I did not see any decrease in cleaning performance, but I only use it to remove sunscreen.

I follow with a very mild cleanser (Darphin milk) as I do with other cleaning oils. I did not read anything on "how to use" that requires two step cleaning for this product, but I still do, because I am acne prone. I should actually call it "one and a half" step cleaning. Because I use very little of the second cleanser, and apply it for a very short time.

I will be using this cleansing oil because it is the cheapest one I could get. I paid $9 a bottle at the body shop website. There is always some discount at the body shop website, and when I checked it was 40 percent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No