August 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! The sensuelle was too strong on jasmine and went sour on my skin. Imagine that is softened and Eau Secret is so much softer, prettier and delicate. Sillage is low to medium but appears to last long.

This is my fav of the hypnotic range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Unlike the reviewer below, I do get a hint of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle. I do like this a lot, for me it's basically a summer replacement of eau sensuelle which I wear primarily in the fall and winter. It has the unmistakable Hypnotic Poison type of vanilla base, strong and distinct, but in this version it is lightened by wonderful and surprisingly lasting notes of citrus and jasmine. I actually agree with the description on the Dior website,that claims it is a fresh and light oriental.

I also think this has amazing lasting power, as with the original and its flankers, if I spray in the morning before work, I can still smell it on my skin at bed time. It may not be as big in projection as it's namesake, but that's plus for me. If I spray it on my clothes it does project a little more than on my skin, but I like that it doesn't have the crazy sillage that the original hypnotic poison has.

Overall I do really like this fragrance, I know its getting a lot of flack in the fragrance community for it being a flanker of a flanker of a flanker, but I don't care, it smells nice to me and suits my personality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by stls

I can't really see many similarities of this new flanker with Hypnotic Poison and Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.
Nevertheless it's easy to like this fragrance and the bottle is gorgeous, I'd probably give it a 3,5.
It's a soft, warm vanilla with fresh bergamot and the shy presence of jasmine. Certainly very wearable.
Starts fruitier and goes on sweeter as time goes by, but it will not end up cloying.
Doesn't project much, though. If I received it as a gift I would use it happily but won't rush to buy a bottle myself.
I suppose it will be a hit for the upcoming spring/ summer but don't think it's a potential classic...