November 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ruby Twist #245

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

I really love these so much! I have bought five and plan to buy more. My favorite so far is the Berry Twist. It looks more pink but is not as bright as Watermelon Twist. Ruby Twist is my least favorite and is a tangerine color on my lips. Jam twist is like a darker, more purple version of Berry Twist. I also like Rose Twist, which I wear when I want my makeup look to be more subdued. It's a light pink with warm undertones and isn't bright like Watermelon Twist. Scarlet Twist is a bright red. The next one I want to get is the Mauve Twist.

Some reviewers said that this will appear dull or muted on your lips, but it doesn't on me. I just apply 1-2 coats and my lips will be pretty pigmented. It is so moisturizing and I have really chapped lips, so the moisturizing aspect is a major plus. It doesn't dry them out in the end like lipsticks or other lip glosses do to me. First lip product that doesn't dry out my lips. The lasting power isn't too great. If you eat, it will come off. But could you really expect strong lasting power on a lip gloss? It's not a lipstick. Anyway, I freakin' adore these. I look forward to applying my makeup now because I love wearing this lip product. A hit from Covergirl!

You can see one of my pictures with the caption "jam twist" and notice that it looks shiny on my lips. Perhaps everyone's lips are different? You can only know if you try it for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love these jumbo sticks. i purchased this color and berry twist. for ref: i am NC42 with warm golden tone. any jeweled colored lippie is going to brighten my face. this had a more drier application than berry twist but both have great pigmentation. i wouldnt say this was a gloss, more of a demi-matte finish, but i still love it! so easy to apply and moisturizing. no discernible fragrance. on my pigmented lips it comes out a bright coral. no shimmer/glitter which is great.