September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Skin911.com 32% DMAE Glycolic Acid Body Cream

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to spend $53 for another bottle of my staple glycolic lotion Donell AHA 20 Body Tingle (which I use on my face only), so I searched for less expensive alternatives in the high-% glycolic range for creams & lotions (I dislike the liquid peels). Came up with this from Skin911 for less money in the same 8oz size, plus the glycolic % in this one is stronger.

I worried that 32% might be too irritating or stinging on my face but it isn't - in fact, my face doesn't sting or burn at all when I apply it (barring any pre-existing abrasions), so I wonder if the formula is buffered to be comfortable on the skin...but its pH of 2.5 is pretty low. I love the fruity scent it has which makes it pleasant to wear on my face. Comes in a convenient pump bottle which I like & the texture is smooth & light, not greasy or thick. Absorbs quickly into my skin, does its work (to exfoliate) effectively & even actually gently peeled the delicate skin on my neck - though I started using a 1% retinol cream in conjunction with the glycolic acid, so I'm not too surprised at the peeling reaction...but I was still surprised, my neck had never peeled before. My nose doesn't stay as smooth for as long as when I used Donell (which is more of an acidic, watery gel-lotion that tends to sting & bite a little), but I like that Skin911 is more pleasant to use - I feel like I'm applying a soothing face cream when I use it b/c it leaves my skin comfortable, moisturized & pampered, which isn't something I'm used to when using glycolic treatments (they can tend to make skin feel tortured).

Next time I would either buy this again or maybe try the stronger 42% Face & Body Peel Lotion...although that one is super-expensive at $85 for the same 8oz size, so IDK if I will.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerine, Safflower Oil, Squalane, PEG 100 Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Ceteareth 20, Shea Butter, Propylene Glycol, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, DMAE, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lecithin, Glycolipids, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Magnesium Silicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Apricot and Chamomile Essential Oils, PEG 16 Macadamia Glycerides, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinol Palmitate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C AAP), Methylisothiazolinone.