Kerastase Bain Elixir Ultime

4.2

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, MIPA Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG 18 Castor Oil Dioleate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 55 Prolylene Glycol Oleate, Laureth 5 Carboxylic Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Laureth 2, Polyquaternium 53, Salicylic Acid, Linalool, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Zea Mays Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 5/3/2015 11:17:00 PM

This is a review for the whole line of elixer ultime including this shampoo, as well as the oil and the intialiste scalp treatment. I hope this helps someone who has struggled their whole life how I have to find the perfect system for my fine straight hair. I have fine texture hair with a medium amount of hair that is STRAIGHT with dry ends and my roots get oily with build up. I constantly struggle with every shampoo giving me build up all the time, and my roots get oily and because my hair is on the thin side and straight. But, I absolutely love this leave in serum and the scalp leave in Initialiste, in addition with kerastase elixir ultime shampoo and matching conditioning mask. I have spent thousands on every shampoo in the world trying to find one that works. I have used the cheapest and the most expensive brands. Kerastase was something I tried years ago, but never really thought it was worth the money because it would still give me a slight build up and weigh my hair down no matter which one of them I used. HOWEVER, their elixir ultime shampoo and mask are AMAZING. I know its scary because it says OIL shampoo, but I cant explain it, my hair is shiney and soft and easy to style. I love this stuff. I also use the elixir ultime oil drops leave in and I love it too. In addition with this serum it is amazing!! I love all these products. I just have to rave about it because if you are like me and constantly in search for the right shampoo, I think you may like this line. Also, I use LUSH big sea salt shampoo once a week to remove build up. It is amazing in combination with the kerastase.

on 4/3/2015 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The smell of this shampoo is amazing! I am obsessed with the scent, so luxurious for a shampoo & more like a perfume. You only need a small amount, the size of a 1p coin. This leaves my hair feeling nourished and supple. I don't use too much heat on my hair but I imagine if you abuse your hair this would be the perfect shampoo for you to try and nurse it back to health. I also have the matching mask which also has the amazing scent which lingers for a few hours. I find myself smelling my hair during the day because it's so yummy. I have had my bottle for 5 weeks now and still have a quarter left.

on 3/15/2015 1:36:00 PM

I love this shampoo! The fragrance is different, multi-layered and reminds me of Shiseido's Feminite du Bois fragrance. Elixir Ultime leaves my hair soft, shiny and full and I always receive compliments on how it looks.

on 2/14/2015 3:00:00 AM

I got this in the saloon size (1000ml) after much recommendation.

It is formulated in a nice scent that reminds me of going for a holiday in the tropics (coconuts perhaps)? Its transparent formulation lathers pretty well upon contact with water and does not seem to iritate the scalp (I noticed that my scalp is less oily-harsh shampoos tend to aggravate the scalp hence more oil produced)

I cannot testify that it repairs the hair but it certainly did not leave it drier.

For the price i'm unsure if the quality justifies it-i'd like to think that there are other similar shampoos at a fraction of the price !

on 5/22/2014 11:24:00 AM

Expected a lot from this though felt nothing other than some what of an oily feel... Not happy.

on 9/2/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I have been um-ing and ah-ing about this product for about 1 month reading every possible review out there, as I was running low on my kerastase colour riche, and needed a change as my hair was getting used to that product. My hair is chocolate coloured, long to about mid back, and quite healthy with the usual slightly dry ends from heat styling, which gets oily roots quite fast so need to wash every second day, as this shampoo is an oil based shampoo I was a little hesitant even though its stated for all types of hair. I decided to go for it as I have 4 sisters and figured if i didn't like it one of them would, and I bought the salon size 1L bottle partnered with the matching masque for a good price on eBay.
Best decision I've made! I have been using kerastase for about 20 years as mum always had it and this has by far done the most for my hair, I saw results after the first wash but was still reserved until after a few washes to realize the product is consistent with the results. My hair is super soft and so shiny! I generally blow dry my hair after washing and find that the next day it is so relaxed there is no need for more heat styling. My scalp is nourished and has that 'squeaky' clean feeling and does not leave that 'product build up' feel in the hair. It smells lovely and I am definitely not hesitant in recommending this product! All you girls with oily roots- dont be afraid of this oil shampoo you will be pleasantly surprised!and married up with the masque... Ah-mazing!

Any doubts go grab a sample from your local kerastase salon :)

on 5/30/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was introduced to the Elixir Ultime line through the leave-in oil. Since I loved the smell of the oil, I thought I would try the shampoo. The packaging is gorgeous, and I love the luxuriousness of the gold cap and bottle. The shampoo has a more delicate fragrance than the oil. The product cleanses well, but I've noticed it has a tendency to leave my hair more tangled than my previous shampoo (Klorane Magnolia), which is curious considering it is an oil shampoo. I do follow with the Lait Vital conditioner (which I love), which takes care of the tangling, but while shampooing I have learned I have to slowly massage the product through the hair, as opposed to building up lather in the traditional way with active fingers. This reduces tangling, but adds to wash time. However, since my curly hair tends to tangle in the best of circumstances, I'm not sure this shampoo is right for me.

on 5/19/2013 12:48:00 PM

I've got dry hair, incredible dry hair. So I thought I will give this product a try. Now I have run out of it and I have mixed feelings. It leaves your hair smooth and looks shinny, but the roots gets incredible oily during the day. If you wash your hair in the morning, by 18h it will look oily. It's too expensive and won't repurcharse. There are better shampoos for dry hair out there, like Matrix ones, which cost half the price.

on 4/22/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I became addicted to this after getting a sample from a hairdresser. I was able to get a huge professional size with a pump from a hair site, so it makes the expense a little less. It is still a lot for shampoo though. I love this, It cleanses my hair without drying it out. My hair is really shiny and smells great. Before this I tried a few other Kerastase shampoos and really liked them, this one is by far the best for me though.

on 2/26/2013 6:49:00 PM

First of all let me start by saying i LOVE kerastase, my mother always used kerastase and it was always in the bathroom when i was growing up! I've tried many shampoo's, i use 3-4 on a routine, bain force architecte, bain nutri thermique, bain satin 2 and now this bain elixir ultime, it's amazing! it cleanses hair well and for an oil shampoo does not leave it weighed down, leave's it squeaky clean but well moisturized at the same time if that make's sense?? i'm a platinum blonde so yes my hair can be very fragile, but this shampoo does a great job!

Top Rated Kerastase Products