July 22, 2014 | 2271 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Melon Mania

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by elenaaax

I LOVE THIS BABY LIPS! Unfortunately, they don't sell them here :( I ordered mine online and it smells amazing! It is so moisturizing and the color is so pretty. It's a nice, bright and sheer pink color. It smells more like pink lemonade to me haha. But I really like it and use it everyday for school. I will definitely order it online again when mine runs out, as well as the new electro baby lips. The packaging was very cute, I love the pink and green, because they look great together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by nissypikachu

This is my favorite Baby Lips, I wish it was still in stores. The color is a very sheer melon-y pink but when my lips are looking dull, this product gives them a fresh pop of color. The scent is great and it is more moisturizing than most of the other Baby Lips in my opinion including those from the electro collection. I'm in love with this, I don't know what I'll do when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never really cared too much for Maybelline's Baby Lips, just thinking it would be a gimmicky new novelty lip product with no emphasis on actually healing lips. Constantly having chapped lips, I figured this wouldn't hold a flame to my beloved Burt's Bees Medicated or Carmex, but for an everyday sheer hint of color it did just fine! I'm actually really sad that Melon Mania is a Limited Edition color. I feel like every color in the normal Baby Lips line up is too bright or dark for me. Cherry Me is straight up red, Pink Punch looks almost too light/bright pink, Peach Kiss looked too obvious on my lips with the shimmer, and Grape Vine is a really dark purple, atleast from what I saw in the packaging. Melon Mania, to me, is what Cherry Me and Pink Punch would look like combined together. I also really like the smell too! Sweet, kinda fruity - definitely not as synthetic as some of the other colors (in my opinion). I love the colors on Melon Mania too. Gives the most perfect hint of dark pink on the lips, perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scarlettsparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It is very moisturizing,but I wish the color showed up better. It gives a little bit of pink shine to my lips but not very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like these lip balms. They are inexpensive, and it is generally a good product! I like melon mania because its very moisturizing, smells like melon but not in an overly sweet intense way that melon scents can sometimes be. The hot pink balm leaves the faintest light sheer pink tint on lips, and it is smooth and glossy but not tacky or greasy. Very good. Would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I hadn't seen this shade before so during a BOGO 50% sale it was one I snatched up. Green & pink is also one of my fave color combos so I loved the packaging hehe. I was hoping for a nice little pop of pink on my lips from this but alas, it is mostly invisible. It is a nice lip balm though, feels moisturizing on lips, softens them up. Not that I really wanted another clear lip balm but ehhh, what's done is done. Mine is also lacking in anything that resembles melon...the scent is just faintly non-descript sweet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am loving these new colors so much more than the original ones. I have Melon Mania (a nice melon pink), Twinkle (almost sheer but with a touch of muted pink) & Yummy Plummy (beautiful mauve MLBB shade). Melon Mania will be a delicious pink shade for summer. It does work with my winter look, but feels more like summer. These new shades feel less plastic than the old shades did on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read reviews of the Baby Lips products online, but I had reservations about trying it. I thought maybe it was just a glorified lip balm, a novelty product that Maybelline came out with to compete with other lip balms on the market. I read that if you give it a week, it will change your lips, making them softer and smoother. I looked at them at Walgreens. I kind of laughed to myself as I was looking, and I thought okay, I'm going to buy one and see how it is. At most, I'll have a spare lip balm to put somewhere. Did I mention how I'm completely addicted to lip balm? I have at least one at every place I am at: two or three in my nightstand drawer, one or two at my desk, a few in my purse, I even have one on the end table that is close to my usual spot on the couch. I'm obsessed. ANYHOW... back to Baby Lips. I loved the smell of the Melon Mania. I love that it's a sheer pink color, not too much color, just a hint. So I carried it around with me and used it over the week. Then my husband started noticing I was doing something different. He said my lips looked "plump and smooth". I looked in the mirror and sure enough, it did just what people said it did - made my lips smoother and softer. The softer part being the best. I recently had sinus surgery and have had to rinse my nose with saline, which in turn dried out my lips (weird, huh?). I am now a Baby Lips convert. In fact, I am going out tomorrow to get a few more that I like. Try it. I think you will be surprised. End of this long and mostly pointless review. :)