October 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Advanced haircare total repair 5 multi-restorative dry oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample of this and I love it! Gonna buy the full sized bottle ASAP. Yes, it contains 'cones - but so does the Avon one and a lot of the Moraccanoil knock-offs. Great product to tame frizz and add shine and softness. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

This was given to me, and it is my new favorite hair oil, I simply put it on my hair and brush it out before bed and wake up with manageable non frizzy hair. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MyLittlePwny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite hair oil ever, and I've used many, many, many. I leaves my hair ever so silky and smells so good, like VS pear body spray. I like that it's light and non-greasy if I spray a light mist. If I want to do a nice hair treatmeant with it I just spray lots, then put my hair up for a bit, then wash it out. Once my hair dries it is so shiny and silky. Adore that it's a spray, it distributes better that way and I don't use as much so it lasts longer. Which is great cause I have very long hair so I go through hair oil like it's kleenix. I've already repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really disappointed. The shampoo and cond left my hair frizzy, and this did nothing to help. I like other L'Oeal products, but this was a disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MRayne23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this somewhat on a whim because I was low on cash and in a hurry, and out of the Moroccan oil I typically use.

My hair isn't extraordinarily dry or anything, but I do quite a bit of heat styling, and I like to finish off with a dry oil.

At first I really liked it, I seemed to really calm the frizz in my hair down and make it softer and shiny. BUT.....2 hours later I looked in the mirror and my hair was a frizzy, dry mess. However, at that point, u basically brushed it off to wind and cold weather and added a few more spritz to my hair. It calmed down again.

Then, a few hours later.....SAME problem. Frizzy and dry. Long story short, this stuff just doesn't work long term. It is MORE drying than anything else. I've read the ingredients and it contains denatured alcohol, so that makes sense. I probably will not use up the rest of my bottle, and I definitely won't rephrase.

In the future I'll stick with one of the morrocan oils, or even coconut oil for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really wish I looked at the ingredients before I grabbed this while I was rushing to find a hair oil at the drugstore.
There are some great ingredients including ceramides, olive oil, apricot oil, etc. However, one of the main ingredients is denatured alcohol, so clearly the name "dry oil" on this product refers to what it will do to your hair!
My hair does feel shiny, healthy and non greasy after using, but with so much alcohol in it, the product will eventually dry your hair out, which I am not looking for with an oil.
I use an oil in my hair while air drying or before blow drying, but DO NOT use heat on your hair after using this product! Before looking at the ingredients, I used a straightener after drying and my hair started smoking due to the alcohol!
Its really a shame because there are some great ingredients included and I tend to buy L'oreal hair products because I love their parent hair care company Kerastase.
Skip out on this one and buy a good quality oil like Alterna Kendi Oil (my current favorite)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this is the same product that we all are reviewing here but mine comes in an orange bottle and has a spray head. It is within the Total Repair series and it is dry oil. I have used other dry oils but I have to say that this is one of the best ones in the market. I have long and a very thick set of hair that gets colored every other week because it grows like weed. I use this on damp and dry hair and regardless, I get great results. This product is truly a miracle. It used to take me hours to fix my hair. Now, I can blow dry without styling. Works great with curling and straightening irons. Also, in comparison with other dry oils, it does not dry hair or make hair greasy. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by babybop728

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never realized how much this did for my hair until I forgot it on a trip. My hair is very dry, so I bought this because I LOVE the shampoo/conditioner and I thought it might help. I spray it on damp hair along with my heat protectant spray before I blow dry. When I only used heat protectant, my hair was so staticy and drove me crazy! When I went back to using this dry oil, suddenly the static stopped. The bottle is super cheap and lasts a long time (I bought it a couple months ago, and I still have half a bottle). I will definitely buy again when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this after getting a free sample of some of the other products in the line. I was looking on here for a review for a while but it seemed to take a while, so I just tried it. I agree with the first commenter. It does make it shiny and tame some frizz, it smells pretty nice and makes it feel soft, for a little while. It does seem to make my hair tangly and maybe even a little dry the next day, which is why I return all my dry oils. I'm going to give it a little longer, right now I think it's ok. If I feel it's damaging I won't keep it. Also the top leaks if its not straight up.

Update: I returned this. It made my hair feel really dry and brittle the next few days and I don't wash it every day. Even if I did, that's just a bad sign. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was meh to me. While it did a very good job of cutting down frizz and giving decent shine, I felt like I was spraying water on my head. It didn't feel greasy, just wish I felt more softness and or moisturizing abilities for my hair type (I'm 3b). My hair became a bit tangled after my hair dried which never happens with other oils. It is very lightweight, so finer textures will like this better. It does indeed tame flyaways and smooths down frizzy areas. It can used on both damp hair or dry hair. I like it better on dry hair. It is very affordable. I believe I paid $4.99 at CVS.