L'Oreal Advanced haircare total repair 5 multi-restorative dry oil

3.1

on 2/22/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sick of seeing this product being recommended by people incompetent of reading the ingredient list. The third ingredient on the list is alcohol denat. That is a drying alcohol. I do not care if your hair feels soft while using this. Yeah it's great L'oreal attempted to jump on the dry oil bandwagon, however they failed. Over time the drying alcohol will cause your hair to dry out and eventually become damaged. Alcohol denat is a cheap filler. L'Oreal could have done better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Strange thing about this one. I received a free packet in a magazine, used it up, and it was wonderful for my hair. I had no problems with dryness, frizziness at all. It seemed to work to condition my hair, de-tangle it, keep it conditioned and not dry it out. I normally use an Argan oil product, but I'll always try out a sample, if given one.
So when I saw a bottle on sale at a good price, I figured I'd purchase it as a back-up. I like to switch things around and also, sometimes I need to take a bottle with me somewhere and this would be the bottle that I would use for traveling.
Except, the bottle I bought did not behave the same as the sample packet I had used. For some reason I can't explain, the oil did not penetrate my hair properly. It seemed to sit on top of it, rather than penetrate the hair. When I would attempt to massage it into my locks, I couldn't get the oil off my hands, as I normally would be able to with other oils and the original sample packet.
So, to see any effect, I would have to very generously use too much on my hair, which would make it look greasy, and that's obviously not the effect intended for this product. Also, I wouldn't list it as an oil per se, as it's rather watery and drippy-runny. It does smell good, but what's the point if it doesn't work for me?
As I said, the sample packet worked so well, I did buy a bottle. But the bottle did not produce the same results and perform any type of repair or restorative actions. No, I wouldn't recommend it or re-purchase this one.

on 2/9/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Makes hair soft, smooth, & shiny without being greasy or weighed down. I use this oil every day, it works great as a detangler, smells very nice nice. Highly recommended it to anyone with fine/straight hair.

on 11/30/2014 9:11:00 PM

Bought this hoping for a dupe of K's Elixir - not even close. I think my hair was frizzier than ever. Binned after 8 trys.

on 9/21/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a free sample of this and I love it! Gonna buy the full sized bottle ASAP. Yes, it contains 'cones - but so does the Avon one and a lot of the Moraccanoil knock-offs. Great product to tame frizz and add shine and softness. LOVE.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was given to me, and it is my new favorite hair oil, I simply put it on my hair and brush it out before bed and wake up with manageable non frizzy hair. It's great!

on 8/15/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite hair oil ever, and I've used many, many, many. I leaves my hair ever so silky and smells so good, like VS pear body spray. I like that it's light and non-greasy if I spray a light mist. If I want to do a nice hair treatmeant with it I just spray lots, then put my hair up for a bit, then wash it out. Once my hair dries it is so shiny and silky. Adore that it's a spray, it distributes better that way and I don't use as much so it lasts longer. Which is great cause I have very long hair so I go through hair oil like it's kleenix. I've already repurchased.

on 3/13/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Really disappointed. The shampoo and cond left my hair frizzy, and this did nothing to help. I like other L'Oeal products, but this was a disaster.

on 12/11/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this somewhat on a whim because I was low on cash and in a hurry, and out of the Moroccan oil I typically use.

My hair isn't extraordinarily dry or anything, but I do quite a bit of heat styling, and I like to finish off with a dry oil.

At first I really liked it, I seemed to really calm the frizz in my hair down and make it softer and shiny. BUT.....2 hours later I looked in the mirror and my hair was a frizzy, dry mess. However, at that point, u basically brushed it off to wind and cold weather and added a few more spritz to my hair. It calmed down again.

Then, a few hours later.....SAME problem. Frizzy and dry. Long story short, this stuff just doesn't work long term. It is MORE drying than anything else. I've read the ingredients and it contains denatured alcohol, so that makes sense. I probably will not use up the rest of my bottle, and I definitely won't rephrase.

In the future I'll stick with one of the morrocan oils, or even coconut oil for my hair.

on 9/22/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Really wish I looked at the ingredients before I grabbed this while I was rushing to find a hair oil at the drugstore.
There are some great ingredients including ceramides, olive oil, apricot oil, etc. However, one of the main ingredients is denatured alcohol, so clearly the name "dry oil" on this product refers to what it will do to your hair!
My hair does feel shiny, healthy and non greasy after using, but with so much alcohol in it, the product will eventually dry your hair out, which I am not looking for with an oil.
I use an oil in my hair while air drying or before blow drying, but DO NOT use heat on your hair after using this product! Before looking at the ingredients, I used a straightener after drying and my hair started smoking due to the alcohol!
Its really a shame because there are some great ingredients included and I tend to buy L'oreal hair products because I love their parent hair care company Kerastase.
Skip out on this one and buy a good quality oil like Alterna Kendi Oil (my current favorite)

Popular Styling Products