April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - rouge pur couture - Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain - 7 Corail Aquatique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

7 corail aquatique is a beautiful warm pink that's suitable for everyday wear. i believe it will complement both yellow-toned and pink-toned skin. my skin is yellow-toned and it looks really natural on my lips, i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by lgr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually have 2 of these glossy stains and I really like them!
They are not going to last long because of the amount of product you pull out of the tube with each use. (One I've had 3 weeks is half gone). They give beautiful results and stay on like no other I've tried. One coat is pretty enough (I add Lancôme gloss over it) and two coats gives a much glossier and opaque look (no gloss necessary over 2 coats).
I will definitely buy again and just think of this product as a 'happy splurge'!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At last, I own something from YSL that I can afford!
I tend to favour sheer or creamy lipsticks or lip glosses as my lips can no longer wear full lipsticks without the colour fading into the lines. That obviously rules out matte lipsticks but we all know the problem with sheer or very creamy lipsticks is that they don't last all that long.

This is where the YSL rouge pur couture glossy stain comes in. (what a long product name for such a small container of lip stain!
I got the the #7 corail aquatique as it's a very neutral and every day colour. I'd describe the colour as a pale coral pink.

The texture may take some getting used to as it's feels creamier than a lip gloss but once it sets, it has a slight sticky texture on the lips.

The staying power is okay. It may last after a meal but just barely, at least for this colour. The richer colours will leave more of a stain of course.
It has that YSL lipstick scent which is tolerable but if you're sensitive to fragrance, you may not care for this.

The packaging is stunning of course but the price point is steep in comparison the amount of product.
I'd buy it again if I ever ran out of my lip stash as I'd use this lip colour regularly.