April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lipstick - Hourglass - Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick - Muse

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jennarosetti

I love the color and despite the reviews regarding the formula, I went and purchased it anyway. Just as I had read, it was flakey. It didn't necessarily flake off the lips which is more of what I was expecting, but it dried on my lips in patches and since it is a long wear lipstick, it was a bit of a hassle to remove. I had high hopes for this product and was definitely disappointed especially at this price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by miqt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dislike the whole line of Hourglass' Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipsticks.

I have sensitive, dry skin and this lipstick dries my lips on contact causing a flaky mess.
I wanted to give it a chance for the price but no balm helped and instead I had a dry mess of a break out on my lips, which has never happened before. Took about two weeks to fully heal and threw the lipstick in the trash.

My lips are back to normal and is loving my hydrating tinted balms and lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to try something from the Hourglass and I got the liquid lipstick in Muse.
Sephora describes it as a coral red and I'd say that's pretty accurate.
I haven't worn it full on as I think it's a very intense colour.
I dab the colour lightly on my lips and I get a beautiful muted coral shade. (my lips are very pigmented so the colour looks coral and not so much reddish)

I don't buy the claim that it lasts 24 hours (who wants makeup to last that long anyways?) but it does have excellent staying power. It leaves a nice stain behind.
The matte finish isn't too drying when I apply it softly and lightly. I use a gloss on top as I like a shine to my lips and to keep my lips moist.

The price borders on obscene, especially for the small amount of product. But if you want a long lasting lip colour, this is worth checking out.