November 27, 2014 | 1486 users online

Lipstick - Hourglass - Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick - Muse

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by georginags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like the reviewer below me, I was skeptical after reading the negative reviews on these lipsticks. But because I'm a lipstick junkie, I went and purchased not one, but two of these (muse and riviera). 84 dollars later I felt really guilty thinking I'd wasted all this money on two lipsticks that will probably flake right off. And I've had baaadddd experiences with liquid lipsticks.

I fell in love with liquid matte lipsticks after using the lime crime velvetines. But because of their limited range of colours I wanted to venture out and search for more colours. Last year I went out and purchased Stilas all day liquid rubbish in the colour Carina. It was an absolutely disgusting formula. That was until I discovered that it doesn't flake or separate if you use a lip brush as opposed to the applicator it comes with. But doing it this way means that you can't build up to the colour in the tube. Worth the 39 dollars I paid? Certainly not.

However, with that said, these hourglass lipsticks are an absolute dream to use even with the applicator it comes with. Formula wise, it's not super thick like Stila and it's not runny like lime crime. It doesn't dry looking like plastic and if anything it feels like a second skin, much like the velvetines.

And it lasts and lasts. I put it on at 9am, had a few coffees, ate lunch (oily and cheesy pizza) and only a tiny bit came off around the edges. I'm going onto 7 hours with it and it's still pretty much perfect! With Stila or lime crime I would need to remove everything before lunch so I wouldn't look like a kid who's smeared bright paint on its face. Hourglass stays put.

I think the trick to these is using only a small amount and letting it completely dry before pressing your lips together. And don't even think about adding another layer over an already dried first layer. That should be the first rule of liquid lipsticks. I would certainly get more of these. But I think I've splurged enough for this months haha

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jennarosetti

I love the color and despite the reviews regarding the formula, I went and purchased it anyway. Just as I had read, it was flakey. It didn't necessarily flake off the lips which is more of what I was expecting, but it dried on my lips in patches and since it is a long wear lipstick, it was a bit of a hassle to remove. I had high hopes for this product and was definitely disappointed especially at this price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by miqt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dislike the whole line of Hourglass' Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipsticks.

I have sensitive, dry skin and this lipstick dries my lips on contact causing a flaky mess.
I wanted to give it a chance for the price but no balm helped and instead I had a dry mess of a break out on my lips, which has never happened before. Took about two weeks to fully heal and threw the lipstick in the trash.

My lips are back to normal and is loving my hydrating tinted balms and lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to try something from the Hourglass and I got the liquid lipstick in Muse.
Sephora describes it as a coral red and I'd say that's pretty accurate.
I haven't worn it full on as I think it's a very intense colour.
I dab the colour lightly on my lips and I get a beautiful muted coral shade. (my lips are very pigmented so the colour looks coral and not so much reddish)

I don't buy the claim that it lasts 24 hours (who wants makeup to last that long anyways?) but it does have excellent staying power. It leaves a nice stain behind.
The matte finish isn't too drying when I apply it softly and lightly. I use a gloss on top as I like a shine to my lips and to keep my lips moist.

The price borders on obscene, especially for the small amount of product. But if you want a long lasting lip colour, this is worth checking out.