July 29, 2014 | 1239 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried 2 different colors -- orchid and lilac. There just isn't enough pigment or something cause the color doesn't pop. For $17 each I expect something great. It is really easy to put on and take off -- just not enough color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have this in ample amber. I was looking for something quick to put all over my lids that would have good staying power. The color is ugly, a very metallic peachy copper. Staying power is fair (2-3 hours), and it is awkward to apply so it isn't quick. It is better than the smoothie but I won't even bother trying it in another color because the staying power isn't enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought one during the last Sephora sale and I thought this would be perfect to join my arsenal of shadows. It tugged on my eyes and reminded of the MAC Shadesticks. I will stick with Laura Mercier for now. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful performance and pigment! I bought this in "lavish lilac" for quick and easy shadow application. It has almost no pigment. When I try to layer more on, it smears and doesn't define anything. I'm VERY pale, so it says a lot that it doesn't show up! It also doesn't last long, isn't flattering for my hazel eyes and yellow tone (purpley grey usually is) and strangely irritated my eyes. The best shadow sticks I've found are Marcelle in Canada- so pigmented, easy to blend and long-wearing. Just wish there were more shades. Urban Decay version I like also, but dried out for me and was hard to blend. Too bad, Chubby Stick, big fail for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I am going for cream shadow sticks these days since they apply beautifully and easily. Consequently I am shopping different lines to expand my wardrobe. I picked up Lots of Latte which swatched as a light taupe.. This is just too wimpy for me as it barely shows up and honestly I look better with bare lids. I have only been really pleased with the Laura Mercier caviar sticks. Great colour range, superb finish. Let's leave the Clinique to makeup phobes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Shoebacca16

I LOVE Clinique's Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes! Lavish Lilac is stunning (so are latte, fudge, & amber), goes on easy, stays put ALL DAY with NO creasing. I love everything about it. I don't need primer, base color, or anything additionally, except mascara, to make my 46 yr old blue eyes stand out. I apply once in the morning and it stays put until i remove it about 14 hours later; just swipe & go. I can't say enough; it's wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this one in Lavish Lilac and I really like this product. I use it with a MAC cream color base and it creates a nice, everyday, natural look. It lasts all day without fading or creasing. It's great for travel and for touch ups during the day since it doesn't need a brush. My only complaint is that it doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like and pulls a little bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bough this product in Ample Amber colour and as much as I like how it looks on me (slightly peachy medium beige with champagne shimmer) the product itself is far from ideal.

The first grudge I have with it is that it needs an eyeshadow base (I use NARS) to keep it from creasing within 5 minutes of wearing it. So here goes the simplicity of using it. The second grudge is the packaging - the lettering rubbed of in the first couple of days of use! Luckily the cap closes tightly (with a satisfying click) and does not break so there is a chance it will stop the product from drying out. The third thing is that it is slightly hard and one really needs to press it onto the lid to get any colour pay off and rolling it on the eyeball like that is quite unpleasant.

The good thing is that because it does not settle quickly I can fade it out nicely with my finger so that it looks natural and subtle. Then I just tightline with MAC Teddy (these two compliment each other nicely on my eyes), whack on plenty of black mascara and I am good to go. But I will not be buying again and experience with this one stopped me from buying any other colour in the range.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by MV14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought two chubby sticks because on most weekdays I apply my make-up ‘on the go’. I thought it would be easier than brushes and powder.
The colors are very nice, Fuller Fudge and Beautiful Beige, and they blend easily.

Unfortunately, they don’t last and crease like crazy! I never ever have this problem with any of my powder shadows (M.A.C but also cheaper brands) also because of my primer. But with the chubby sticks it’s a mess! I hoped these would be the same as the M.A.C. shadesticks but I was very disappointed, especially for this price.

The size is also a small problem, they’re a bit too chubby for applying in the corners.

I’ll keep using them but won’t buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by xVladilenax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade pink and plenty and it is a gorgeous shade!!! The wear time for me is 6-7 hours before I start to see minor fading but it lasts all day with primer. The application was easy it is creamy and I can easily put it on without tugging on my eyes. I got this at sephora for 16 or 17 dollars it is a little pricey but it is worth it. This is great for a everyday look and it makes your eyes pop! I highly recommend this it easy to apply and comes in pretty colors.