February 1, 2015 | 1135 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 3:49:00 AM More reviews by raluko

I am surprised with all the bad reviews here, but then I only own one color, #15, The Biggest Blossom. This is an orangey-pink which has enough pigmentation and does show up nicely on my lids. I agree with the other reviewers that this isn`t the easiest to blend shade, but then I just apply up to the socket and use another shade to blend the socket, so it hasn`t been a major issue. This color lasted on me, and I`m surprised, because I`ve used no primer and I do have oily lids. The issues I have are 1) So hard to apply, you have to drag the stick pretty hard, which is never a pleasant sensation. and 2) The packaging is cheap, and once you`ve used half the product that stick just jiggles back into its tube which makes application that much harder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:51:00 PM More reviews by CKT19

I have this in Curvaceous Coal, and it honestly just doesn't get that dark, even when I layer it. It fades even more when I try to blend it. Maybe I'm just not using it properly? It makes me look like I have two black eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got the trial size version of the new Chubby Stick in the shade Bountiful Beige and I was SO excited to try it out I swore if it was the pigmented shimmery beige color I have always been looking for I would purchase the full size version of it.
Well, the expectations were a huge let down...
First off, this felt really dry when I tried to drag it over my eyelids. The beige color was non existent, this just left a trail of transparent shimmer over my eyelids and no beige color. When I finally managed to build the color to a light beige tone, I tried to blend it out and it dissapeared.
I didn't want to lose faith with it so I used over primer too, same result.
I am so dissapointed and highly suggest you save your money and find better quality shadow sticks out there :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by tepandoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's really hard to write a review for this because I have four shades, and I love Fuller Fudge (bronze/brown) and Mighty Moss (dark, moss green). I have mixed feelings about Lavish Lilac (cool-toned lilac) and I seriously hate Pink & Plenty (sheer pink with gold shimmers).

I would give the Fuller Fudge and Mighty Moss 5 stars because they have excellent staying power and they transfer on to the lids smoothly. I used these when I was travelling in the Middle East under scorching hot weather and they did not budge. They only faded after the 8th hour mark, which is a long time! Blending them out also wasn't that hard.

I would give the Lavish Lilac 3/5 because on my lids it looks rather greyish, and requires a few layers to be opaque.

The Pink & Plenty is the worst, I don't even want to rate it. The color swatched beautifully on my hand but once I tried applying on my lids, the color did not show up at all, no matter how many layers I did.

One thing I really didn't like about this is the packaging. The bullet of all four chubby sticks slid out and is impossible to secure it back in.

More details and swatches can be found on my blog beautybucketeer.blogspot.com

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried 2 different colors -- orchid and lilac. There just isn't enough pigment or something cause the color doesn't pop. For $17 each I expect something great. It is really easy to put on and take off -- just not enough color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have this in ample amber. I was looking for something quick to put all over my lids that would have good staying power. The color is ugly, a very metallic peachy copper. Staying power is fair (2-3 hours), and it is awkward to apply so it isn't quick. It is better than the smoothie but I won't even bother trying it in another color because the staying power isn't enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought one during the last Sephora sale and I thought this would be perfect to join my arsenal of shadows. It tugged on my eyes and reminded of the MAC Shadesticks. I will stick with Laura Mercier for now. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful performance and pigment! I bought this in "lavish lilac" for quick and easy shadow application. It has almost no pigment. When I try to layer more on, it smears and doesn't define anything. I'm VERY pale, so it says a lot that it doesn't show up! It also doesn't last long, isn't flattering for my hazel eyes and yellow tone (purpley grey usually is) and strangely irritated my eyes. The best shadow sticks I've found are Marcelle in Canada- so pigmented, easy to blend and long-wearing. Just wish there were more shades. Urban Decay version I like also, but dried out for me and was hard to blend. Too bad, Chubby Stick, big fail for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I am going for cream shadow sticks these days since they apply beautifully and easily. Consequently I am shopping different lines to expand my wardrobe. I picked up Lots of Latte which swatched as a light taupe.. This is just too wimpy for me as it barely shows up and honestly I look better with bare lids. I have only been really pleased with the Laura Mercier caviar sticks. Great colour range, superb finish. Let's leave the Clinique to makeup phobes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Shoebacca16

I LOVE Clinique's Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes! Lavish Lilac is stunning (so are latte, fudge, & amber), goes on easy, stays put ALL DAY with NO creasing. I love everything about it. I don't need primer, base color, or anything additionally, except mascara, to make my 46 yr old blue eyes stand out. I apply once in the morning and it stays put until i remove it about 14 hours later; just swipe & go. I can't say enough; it's wonderful.