September 22, 2014 | 853 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double wear spf10 stay in place makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG, but now I use Kat von d lock it more often, however, I still love this double wear. If you like a full coverage, matte finish, and long wear-this is the foundation for you. I have combination/oily skin, acne prone, and acne marks. This foundation makes my skin flawless. It does feel a little heavy though, but worth it if you need that perfect look. The reason I like Kat Von D more is because for some reason, for me, it doesn't feel as heavy or clogging. The cons of double wear is it DOES feel heavy and a little clogging, and the packaging is difficult to use and messy. Another con for me personally is even with all the shades, I can't find one perfect for my skin. I get sandy beige but it's just a little too dark. I still have this in my house as a back up and still love it. Hope they never stop making it regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by heather40

I recommend you use a brush and start applying it lightly. If my skin is dry it looks chalky. it's important for me to moisture first. the coverage is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by everyoneknewherasnancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current Holy Grail Foundation to date. I love the coverage it is amazing, coming out of the winter it does sit on the dry patches I have not the greatest but mixing in some Advanced Night Repair with it prior to application makes it smooth on those areas like a dream or blotting some over the top of those areas makes all the difference in the world. I did wish it had a pump to make it slightly easier and less messy to use. The longevity of the wear is unparalleled to any other foundation I have tried on my specific skin type. The shaderange is brilliant. It does have the feeling you do have makeup on your skin but you have to make that sacrifice and compromise for fuller coverage. If you chose this foundation and it is lovely if you want to not have to fuss and worry about, "Does my face look like it's melting off at any give point of the day." GO FOR IT sister, but I do strongly recommend at the days end you either use a long wearing makeup remover to get it off or an Estee Lauder facewash, and then perhaps a product comparable to Clinique Clarifying Lotion to make sure you get it all off, it doesn't like to budge pay mind to your jaw line behind the ears and neck when cleansing because upon washing your face you're likely to just migrate the product there when cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fierymiss

The best foundation I've ever tried. I'm a teenager so I can't really afford high-end make-up but I dediced to treat myself and buy this foundation after reading tons and tons of good reviews about it.
    The coverage is impressive, I don't have acne but I do have some scars and redness and this foundation manages to cover them flawlessly. But...does it last 15 hours? I don't know as I try not to wear make-up for that long, I think the longest I've worn it was 9 hours and it lasted PERFECTLY. I don't even need compact powder anymore because the finish is totally matte and I don't get not even a tiny bit of shine on my face.
    As for the cons....I've found this foundation to be a bit drying on my skin, but if you moisturize well that shouldn't be a problem.
    The bottle also says the make-up is non transfering....well, that's not totally true, it managed to stain some of my clothes but I don't really care. The pros are way bigger than the cons!
    This foundation is totally worth it! Once I finish it I'm buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am beginning to suspect that full coverage is not something that actually exists in a liquid foundation, whether its high end or drugstore. I can't say whether this lasted a full day or not as I removed it after two hours. I can say that with two layers it gave no more coverage than the sam amount of Revlon's Nearly Nude foundation, but without the light and moisterizing feeling. I can still see all my pigmentation underneath, it is just sofer and more muted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by maca7

Great foundation, great colour selection! I have been struggling to find a shade to match my complexion for a long time now and the cool bone (1C1) finally did for me! I have previously used MAC NW20 and C 3.5 shades but they were both too dark for my skin tone. Especially during the winter months when your skin is even paler than usual. It lasts all day and it requires very little touch up . I would recomend this product. One thing to keep in mind though is that it is rather runny, so you need a good sponge/brush to apply it, but once you do it dries quickly (without drying your skin) and stays in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlou94

I first bought this foundation after being told how good it was in comparison to other brands of heavy foundation. It is a very heavy foundation, after using air brush foundation I find it to be heavier than that. It is buildable you can mix it with moisturizer if it gets too thick. This foundation covers all the imperfections on my face including moles, scars, pimples, blemishes, pigmentation. It does not give me any spots. It stays on all day without having to reapply. The reason I wouldn't buy it again is because it ruins a natural look as it is so perfect. So far it has lasted me three months in comparison to a drug store brand lasting me a month so the price has been worth it. I normally have an oily t-zone but this foundation has dried out (not completely) my t-zone so the foundation doesn't look as clear in that area.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised this product has so many good reviews but it wasn't for me. I applied this for a night shift and it was surprised that the coverage wasn't as I expected as redness began to show quite quickly and it seemed to slip off my face. I have used maybelline superstay which seemed to stay in place for longer with great coverage and for less than half the price! I really wanted to like this product but it didn't work for me. I'm currently testing clarins skin illusion which has more stay power than double wear, I'm surprised

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by MyMask

I was told about this product by a friend, I was conveniently trying to find a good foundation that would hide the small mysterious scars I've found on my face that look like tiny dents. I also needed a foundation that would last all day for school and college, look quite natural, hides most of my freckles etc

Basically I was trying to find a particular foundation to hide the tiniest of flaws.

This foundation is perfect, it's a little stubborn, as in, you would have to make sure that you put it on quick with good perfection and precision because it dries pretty fast.

It looks beautiful on, my skin tone looks even, my tiny scars are gone. The price was a little steep for me but it's worth it. The foundation doesn't rub of easily, it lasts all day and lasts a long time for one bottle because all you need is a little.

I would definitely buy this again and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a foundation that feels light on and looks natural as well.

Age 16. Studying makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

Ok, i am on fence for this foundation.

First, the good: It is not that oily, suitable to use with oily sunscreen and the color matches me well.

The bad: It CAKE terribly. Within a few hours. Once it stay it doesn't budge and still, it cake where i put it on. Not very good for undereye area. It feel heavy and thick. Dislike the bottle since it can be easily pour out way too much foundation. Think most reviewers also mention, it is pretty expensive for this small size and that if you have dryness or flakes on your face, this will emphasize that. May clog pores too.

Why i am on the fence for this foundation even though there are many bad is because i like to use sunscreen but i can't find one that isn't that oily and that this foundation somehow neutralize the oiliness in the sunscreen and it doesn't make it look unnatural since it has some color in it. Other than that, i am not liking this foundation that much. My face gets oily easily and with this foundation, it is the same and that when i blot with tissue the foundation does comes off on it. So it isn't that staying like what it advertise. Also, the cakiness is just too much for me! Even though i did apply loose powder after the foundation to set it, it still cake like crazy. Although i did found out that when cakiness appear, which is pretty fast and often, touching up with loose power, it is back to flawlessly beautiful, amazingly! But it is just too much work when i need to run errand and don't have time to check or touch up on my makeup but when i did check once and i was horrified!

Saw the review below mine, i will try with beauty blender and see how it goes. If it's good, i will increase the lippies and continue repurchasing this foundation. If it's not working for me, probably it just doesn't suit me at all and won't repurchase. Repurchasing for now, although i put yes, it is a 'maybe' for me. I still think this foundation would suit those in the teens age rather on mature skin.