August 28, 2014 | 1664 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double wear spf10 stay in place makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by caitee357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS! After trying both Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Make up forever HD and hating them, using this was the best thing. It matches my neutral pale skin perfectly, covers everything without looking cakey, doesnt need primer and seems to get better as the day goes on. Can't fault it, except for the lack of pump. I just pour some out into the sample tub they gave me before I rushed out to buy it! Definite HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pocket123

A good foundation but very heavy. If you have good skin but still want quite high coverage switch to double wear light. Price is fair as it lasts for ages. I never finished my bottle as I switched to double wear light. If you're looking for a less matte finish YSL's touche éclat foundation is good. A bit more sheer and medium coverage. If you have clear skin with few blemishes try YSL one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mamelovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation broke me out seriously. Apart from that, the foundation is too thick and it takes forever to wash off. If you have an acne prone skin beware. Will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation last Friday on the way home from work. I am extremely light skinned and purchased 1N1 which is the lightest shade available in a nuetral color. After returning home and washing my face I applied this foundation. I knew I wouldn't be able to determine the length of wear or quality of wear after several hours but I wanted to take a peek at the color and finish.

The finish is wonderful. It feels light, has good coverage....I could truly go on for hours. So, please just take my word for it that it is truly nice.

The only down side is that even though I am using the lightest neutral shade available, after oxidation, it is still a tiny, tiny bit more of a golden shade than I would like. I am afraid the cool tone might be pink - would be a deal breaker for me. So, I am still using the shade I purchased, and with a little blending it works fine for me.

But as a cautionary tale to other readers I want to share my experience a few days later. Over the weekend I wanted to compare this foundation with a few others I have purchased recently. So, on Saturday, I applied and washed off 4 different foundations. I probably should have been more gentle. My face was feeling a little dry (which is a rare thing for someone as oily as me) and rough. So, I applied a mask that my dermatologist prescibed for me months ago for preventing acne breakouts. It also works as a mild exfoliator, so I thought it would be just the trick I needed.

Unfortunately, I fell asleep for 2 hours with it still on my face!!!! It actually made the texture of my skin worse.

I wasn't aware of how much worse until MOnday morning. I never have enough time getting out the dorr in the morning for work. So, I applied my makeup with hardly looking in the mirror (it did seem to take more foundation than usual to cover my skin for some reason), dressed and shot out the door.

About an hour after I got to work I looked at my face in a mirror and nearly fainted!

Have you ever applied a self tanning lotion to an area of skin that thickened or callus skin? The skin, because it is thickened and usually dry absorbs much more product than healthy skin.

I LOOKED LIKE AN OOMPA LOOMPA!!! Initially, I blamed the foundation. But after thinkigng about it for a while I remembered it had been fine on Friday night. What was different now?....my skin.

I went 2 days without wearing makeup to let my skin rest, and settle down. Today is my first day back with foundation. Once again, the color is working fine for me and I am delighted with this foundation.

I wanted to share this experience as I really could have given up on this formuation and I would have regretted it. If your skin is not in good shape the make up products will not preform as they should. I am in my 40's. I know this stuff. But I guess I need to be reminded once in a while!

This foundation is lovely and I highly recommend it. It has great lasting power and oil control. In my search for a good foundation, I have tried 11 different brands/types since March of this year and this is the best by far. It's a little pricey but I feel it is worth every penny.

Best whishes to you all!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by DominotheCat

This gives great coverage and controls my oily areas for at least 7-8 hours. Only downside is flashback in photos. I bought the light version for my wedding day which requires a bit more product use but stops the ghost face look. However if you're not getting your photo taken this is brilliant.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MsTapp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation gets a lot of love on MakeupAlley, so when I was shopping and the SA offered a sample, I decided to give it a try. I used it several times and didn't like it at all. I don't like foundation that I can feel on my face all day. If you like full coverage and want something that isn't going to wear off, this is the foundation for you. I prefer light to medium coverage.

I got a tiny bit of the foundation on a plastic brush handle and could not rub it off with a tissue or even a tissue saturated with alcohol. When I tried to wash it with soap and water, it reminded me of latex paint. When they named this product double wear, they were serious.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by DanielleKassing

This has been my HG foundation for about 5 years now. Even after they changed the formula. I've tried many different foundations in between because I hear such great reviews on others. But for my skin type, this foundation has been by far the best one for me!

My skin type: combination/oily, mostly oily. I have some dry patches when the weather changes. I get blackheads and pimples. I have some acne scars from when I was younger. And of course, very uneven skin because of all the above. This foundation takes care of all of that (and that's before concealer). I only wear concealer under my eyes.

Packaging: the glass bottle is very sturdy. I have dropped my bottles many times in the past and they don't break. They don't feel cheaply made. But the one thing I do not like about this product overall is the fact that it does not have a pump. But the MAC pumps do fit this bottle and I see a lot of people use them for it.

Formula: it states it's a medium to full coverage foundation. I feel that it's full coverage. To me, it's the real deal ladies! It is in fact buildable. But let the first layer set a few minutes so you don't end up using too much. They do have a more maximum coverage one, called Camouflage, but it's for severe acne scars and tattoos. Anyways, the formula on this one is very runny and light. You would expect it to be very thick. But it is not, so use a little on the back of your hand and build up as necessary. It's easy to use too much. Once on, it's on. It dried quickly, but not too quickly that you can't blend it.

Application: I recommend using a brush or beauty blender. Some foundations give better coverage with fingers... But this tends to work better for me with a brush or beauty blender. I find that it lasts longer without a primer, which people don't realize until they try it! It actually makes your skin look better without it. It's made to do this. Some primers like hourglass miner veil (which is amazing) can make this look horrible on the skin because this is already a very matte foundation. For us oily girls, definitely set with a powder. I use Estée Lauders double matte powder because I am oily. The doublewear powder tends to be too heavy on me. Or you can just use a setting powder! As long as you set it for oily skin. It won't cling to dry patches as long as you moisturize.

The wear: this claims to be a 15hr wear foundation. I don't think I've ever worn it for 15hrs. But I so wear it from 6am until about 8pm and it lasts for the most part. There's some fading in some areas, but if that happens I just touch up a little. But it doesn't fade until about the time I'm going home at 530ish, and it's in the area around my nose and mouth. I have never had a foundation wear as long as this one. And like I said above, I've tried MANY. As you can probably tell, I have sensitive skin and break out easily. This foundation has never broken me out. Ensure you remove it with a makeup remover before washing your face, as it's long wear. The Estée Lauder counter will try to tell you that you need their remover to fully get it off. Which is not true. I just use drug store wipes and they work amazingly.

Overall I LOVE this foundation and recommend it to any skin type and color tone. If you prefer a lighter coverage but want all the qualities of this, they do have a doublewear light. Which does everything this one does, but lighter! If you actually got to the bottom of this review, thank you for reading and I hope this helps and the foundation works as well for you as it does me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG, but now I use Kat von d lock it more often, however, I still love this double wear. If you like a full coverage, matte finish, and long wear-this is the foundation for you. I have combination/oily skin, acne prone, and acne marks. This foundation makes my skin flawless. It does feel a little heavy though, but worth it if you need that perfect look. The reason I like Kat Von D more is because for some reason, for me, it doesn't feel as heavy or clogging. The cons of double wear is it DOES feel heavy and a little clogging, and the packaging is difficult to use and messy. Another con for me personally is even with all the shades, I can't find one perfect for my skin. I get sandy beige but it's just a little too dark. I still have this in my house as a back up and still love it. Hope they never stop making it regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by heather40

I recommend you use a brush and start applying it lightly. If my skin is dry it looks chalky. it's important for me to moisture first. the coverage is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by everyoneknewherasnancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current Holy Grail Foundation to date. I love the coverage it is amazing, coming out of the winter it does sit on the dry patches I have not the greatest but mixing in some Advanced Night Repair with it prior to application makes it smooth on those areas like a dream or blotting some over the top of those areas makes all the difference in the world. I did wish it had a pump to make it slightly easier and less messy to use. The longevity of the wear is unparalleled to any other foundation I have tried on my specific skin type. The shaderange is brilliant. It does have the feeling you do have makeup on your skin but you have to make that sacrifice and compromise for fuller coverage. If you chose this foundation and it is lovely if you want to not have to fuss and worry about, "Does my face look like it's melting off at any give point of the day." GO FOR IT sister, but I do strongly recommend at the days end you either use a long wearing makeup remover to get it off or an Estee Lauder facewash, and then perhaps a product comparable to Clinique Clarifying Lotion to make sure you get it all off, it doesn't like to budge pay mind to your jaw line behind the ears and neck when cleansing because upon washing your face you're likely to just migrate the product there when cleansing.