August 28, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure in Precieuse 114

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stls

First of all the packaging is lovely, so sleek and chic! LE shade for spring 2013 if I'm not mistaken.
The color is the perfect nude peach, rather sheer with slightly pearly sheen. Not really creamy or moisturizing. Longevity is average, no taste, unscented.
It accentuates any crease on the lips unless if I use a lip primer which really helps. This kind of colors are convenient to slather on and go. Precieuse doesn't cut it in this case since it requires perfectly exfoliated lips and primer to look good because of the finish and the texture. Looks like wearing a really nice lip balm at its best, though. I got mine 50% off so I don't regret the purchase because it's the perdect color for a ''no make up'' look but don't think it's worth more than that, honestly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Might be the best "nude" lipstick I have found. Satin finish, relatively thick and long wearing, right in the middle between sheer and opaque, and it's a lovely shade of peachy beige. My lips are naturally rosey and it tones down that. Love it! Try Sweet Beige glossimer if you like this. Also NARS Belle De Jour for a more dramatic nude - it's also a bit peachy.

Only thing I don't like is the Rouge Allure click packaging - these tend to break and not work as designed anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall rating: 4.5

For a lady who, frankly, isn't very good at wearing lipstick, this is wonderful. I need something easy to wear, doesn't require careful touching up or something I need to worry about getting on my teeth or my SO. I want an everyday color...a beautiful everyday color that I can be stepped up with other makeup for a night out. In short, Precieuse is what I'm looking for and is like a tinted lip balm...a very pretty tinted lip balm in a beautiful tube with a gadget-toy-like effect. I wear it with Chanel's lip pencil in #34-Natural, or Rimmel's automatic liner in Addiction.

Formula: Lightweight and moisturizing, it almost feels like a balm or chap stick. This doesn't feel heavy on my lips. Like most sheer lipsticks, your lips should be in good condition, otherwise it can emphasize dryness or flakes. It doesn't last long and frequent touching up is required, especially when worn super sheer...but I don't mind this; I have fun clicking open the tube and dabbing it on my lips without a mirror.

Color: A cross between MAC's Hug Me and High Tea, Precieuse is a sheer and beautiful mlbb color. It's a delicate, peachy-pink with pearl, gorgeous for the spring and summer. Strangely, on my reddish-pigmented lips and nw20 skin, Precieuse comes out deceptively pink...it seems more nude when just looking at the bullet. I might like a little more color payoff, it's very sheer, especially when I applied sparingly (I took a half lipstick off for this); all I can see is a pretty pearl finish on my lips, which for me and my needs, is ok.

Could you find a similar color, yeah, probably (check out MAC's High Tea, the formula isn't as nice though, and it can be drying). Is it expensive?--mmhm, but it's a luxury product, and Precieuse lives up to that with a beautiful formula and the fun tube. This color is supposedly limited edition; if it's still around when I need to repurchase, I will.

$34/3.5g

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Precieuse 114 is (according to Chane's website anyway) an LE shade in Chanel's Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color range. It is still available (as of the date of this review) at most retailers. The retail price is $34. Rouge Allures are one of my favorite lipstick formulas because they feel great on, are moisturizing, and are also fairly long wearing.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, Precieuse is a warm medium peachy nude/brown. Doesn't look like anything special or even anything I'd like (darker than the usual nude l/s colors I prefer). However.... it swatches lighter than I expected from the look of it in the tube... due at least in part to it's semi-sheerness. Swatched on my hand, it looks like a light peachy nude with a hint of rose. Much more my thing :) My lips are very pigmented, so it doesn't show up on me as well as I would like (it's the kind of semi-sheer MLBB color that blends in to my natural lip color). I think it would show up much better on someone with less pigmented lips. Still though... I really do like the way it looks on.

Finish: In the tube, Precieuse appears just a bit shimmery. On lips, that shimmer translates into a subtle pearlized finish.

Texture: Same great texture as all RAs I've tried. Feels moisturizing and very comfortable. Glides on evenly and effortlessly.

Wear Length: A little over 4 hours (my average for mid to high-end lipsticks in general is 3 1/2).

Packaging: One of my favorites really.... true, it's not as flashy as some high-end lippies, but it's sleek and classy. The cap covers the entire tube. You click the bottom (like a pen) to open it.

Bottom Line: I kinda wish it were a bit more pigmented, but overall I really love this lipstick! I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by EmanueIa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful my-lips-but-better lipstick, it is very moisturizing and it lasts decently well