August 27, 2014 | 2009 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - See By Chloe EDP

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I like See but I don't love it. I'd grade it a "C" -- it's just okay for me. It's light & fresh, but to my nose it mostly smells like watered-down Mott's apple juice -- with maybe a little lemon & light floral added.

It's sweet and fresh and fruity, but the apple note smells a bit artificial to me -- like an apple flavoring you'd find in some fruit drink or fruity hard candy or chewing gum. There's just an artificiality about the apple note for me. And it's a sweet red apple note in this perfume, not a tart Granny Smith.

No doubt, See is very fresh, sweet, uplifting, and easy to wear. I picture a pretty Spring day near an orchard -- sun shining -- the breezes floating off the apple trees -- gingham, pie, sunshine, and happiness.

Even though there aren't any orchards around, I picture Laurie in the movie musical "Oklahoma" singing, "Oh, what a beautiful morning!" -- and she's wearing See. I think this perfume fits Laurie -- casual, fresh, wholesome, girly, sweet, and pretty.

Young women who like MJ Daisy or Dot would probably like See -- I think they're all the same basic type. Except for the 1975 original Chloe, I'm haven't been a huge fan of the new Chloe line in general, including See. It's okay -- a pretty & fresh fruity-floral.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I think this smells soapy and light. I like it, it's very airy and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Anomoley

This fragrance is absolutely incredible on me, which says a lot considering the fact that most perfumes either turn into something intolerable on me, or don't last AT ALL. This is a rare fragrance in that it transforms into something magical on my skin -- a very sweet yet fresh scent that's sexy yet innocent, clean but still exciting and so full of nuances. Lasting power is extraordinary -- well over 6 hours.

Contrary to what most reviews here state, this is actually a very young scent to my nose... much younger than some of the traditionally "teen" scents in my collection (Pink Sugar and Juicy Couture both turn to granny scents on me). My collection consists of a variety of high end brands, mainstream and specialty perfumery creations... and this is by far my favorite.

It's quickly become my go-to scent and I can't be without it for longer than a couple of days. I wear it to bed some nights and honestly notice that I have better dreams when I do -- the sweet smell of honey and apples is just out of this world.

Take away point for anyone reading this: TRY this fragrance! It seems that it's highly individual based on your chemistry... you may hate it, but if you love it, you'll likely REALLY love it!

PS: Men seem to notice and like this scent as well -- my husband's first comment was, "you smell good enough to eat" -- a bit of a shocking statement coming from a guy who NEVER smells a darn thing on me. Also have gotten many compliments from passersby of the opposite sex. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This comes off as a very... "mature" scent on me. Im no Spring Chicken, but Id rather not walk around smelling like my grandmothers closet. I also got one of the smaller bottles that you just dab onto your wrist...not a huge fan of that sort of packaging, its too easy to get too much. It does last all day, though. When I first tried it, I hated it so much I tried to scrub it off my skin to no avail. Lasted all damn day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsbox

Tried to like it but it just doesn't smell good to me. My son asked if I was wearing sunscreen and that's what it smells like to me. Thankfully I got the deluxe mini from sephora so I didn't shell out for this ... guess I'll give it to my nieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Thrillmore1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. Its light, fresh and feminine without being overpowering. I work in an office environment so this is important to me. I love the honey smell of this. It brings back great memories of my childhood (which may be why I like it so much). Overall, this is a scent I will come back to time and time again. Though I wear this all year round, this would be especially good for summer. A must try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells like apples/honey, great for spring/summer. I love the scent, however I'm partial to the entire Chloe line of fragrances. The only downfall with this one, is the staying power--which lasts no longer than an hour or so after putting it on =(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What is with the hype? I'm glad to see the rating for See on MUA isn't that high. All (ALL, seriously) of my female colleagues who are 20-30 own this perfume, and they rave and rave about it. Essentially this new girl bought hers too.

No thanks!! Do I want to smell like them? But putting this aside, I really don't like the scent! It's classy but this scent is probably for a much older me (I am 24 though..), it's very mature and strong, one that does not at all work with my poppy personality. My boyfriend's mother likes it a lot (her favourite is still Love, I think). She says See is very light.

For me, it smells like vintage bathroom and soap.

So sorry for the negative review, but please remember that everyone is different! See by Chloe does not work on me..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ams5174

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells good... On someone else. Very unique scent, just not fitting for me. On the right person, could be great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this fragrance. It's a mixture of sweet and bold. I got a sample of it from sephora and wasn't sure how I felt about it. The smell grew on me and I picked up a full size bottle. I like that the smell lingers slightly but isn't overpowering like a lot of the cheaper perfumes. This is my go to scent, one of my all time faves!