Chloe See By Chloe EDP

3.6

on 6/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this at duty free because my bf likes this. I, however, find this perfume to be lacking in quality because 1) it doesn't last long on me at all (only 1 hour), 2) it's expensive, and 3) it's nothing special. This is a summer time fragrance that is refreshing and light for grown ups i.e. not the typical citrus/refreshing fragrances for teenagers. It doesn't have any complexity to it. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/16/2015 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"See" is probably worth checking out if you're looking for a casual, warm-weather fragrance that is relatively grown-up and distinctive. When I first tried it at a fragrance counter in Macy's, I thought it was SO refreshingly different. Fruity and summery, yet with a bit of sophistication/depth... it was unlike anything I had smelled before, and immediately went on my wishlist. So I was thrilled when a girlfriend bought it for me as a birthday present... until I started wearing it daily.

While the scent has good staying power and impressive throw, it becomes cloying very quickly. Like other reviewers have mentioned, some of the most prominent notes in the fragrance have a very synthetic quality; on me, it smells like (fake) honey and green apples. I still cherish my bottle because it was given to me as a sweet gift (plus it looks pretty on my vanity), but I can't bring myself to wear it or recommend it, although I can still understand/remember what I initially found so intoxicating about it.

on 4/29/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I hated (absolutely hated) this perfume. But before returning it to Sephora after sitting on my shelf for half a year, I gave it one last try. I'm guessing it sat? The first time opening the bottle, the scent is gross baby powder. But right now, it's much more feminine and sweet. I started liking it a lot but realize a lot of girls (including lots of my coworkers) wear it too. I can sniff it out lol. On my vacation in Madrid, I asked if a girl (I just met her at the bar) was wearing this, and she said it's from some unknown brand I've never heard of, sounds like a local Spanish brand. Even they are copying it =_=

I love it now, I think it's a lovely scent. I've had it for 1.5 years (with 6 months waiting on the shelf). Very faint, sophisticated-type of sweet (not sugar sweet, it's more elegant sweet). I introduced it to a Sephora customer one time (a 40 year old man shopping for his 20-something girlfriend) and he loved it the moment he smelled it -and he went straight to the cashier. And no I don't work at Sephora.

I used to HATE this scent but now I crave it! Some evenings I would think, "Ah I should have worn Chloe today." With bitchy office girls, they all have it. I don't wear it around them...

With people I like (dates, my own girlfriends,... usually dates), this is my scent. Well.. I switch between this and a few others.

The lasting power is great!!!! All day, until the next morning (faintly but still there). So when I sleep over, the morning I smell attractive (to the guy). And if I skipped a shower, I can't wear another scent because it's still there.

on 2/25/2015 9:43:00 PM

Gosh I had such high hopes for this perfume after reading reviews and smelling it in Sephora. It smelled delightful on paper but turned super icky on my skin. Maybe its chemistry but just like a previous review said See by Chloe fades to some disgusting mix of synthetic apples and soured vanilla on me & it does smell very cheap on me for some reason. I bought a bottle and will be returning it unopened :(

on 2/5/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Once I smelled this in the department store, I knew I had to buy it! It really smells so refreshing and so girly, and I feel like it fits my theme. It is overpowering though, and it hurts my nose if I ever get to (accidentally) spray it near my skin. but you really get to smell its real scent when you spray it far away.

I'll buy this again, unless I find something more attractive...I've been eying on that Taylor Swift perfume

on 11/16/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So many regrets about buying this. I shelled out for the full-size a year ago after sniffing it in a magazine insert and trying it on in-store. After the first week or so, I began to detest the scent... It's a fragrance that becomes extremely cloying after a couple days. In regards to its wearability, See fades to some disgusting mix of synthetic apples and soured vanilla and has mediocre staying power (at best). It smells very cheap on me for some reason; it's nothing like the mature, floral scent elicited by the magazine insert. Smells good on paper so it might just be my body chemistry, but I found myself unable to stand this even when I sprayed it in the air. It's just sitting on my perfume tray unused now -- sigh.

I'm not sure what all the hype/good reviews are about. This smells very masculine on me. It smells like I sprayed myself with my boyfriend's cologne. It's overpowering and I'm glad I received it in a Sephora sampler set rather than purchasing the whole bottle, which I was considering when I tried it on in a Sephora store.

on 9/2/2014 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is without doubt my signature scent! I wouldn't describe it as a 'sexy' scent but is more of a 'pretty' 'fresh' & 'young' kind of scent, which doesnt take itself to seriously which better suits a more laidback type of girl such as myself :)

It isnt too heavy so is perfect to wear everyday and you dont have to continuously spritz yourself with it as the scent does linger on your skin all day; without being two overpowering.

Personally i really like the apple notes in this perfume, however i must mention that 1 or 2 of my co workers have joked that i do smell slightly like cider when i wear it, haha :\ But it still hasnt put my off wearing it as for the most part everyone remarks on how gorgeous it smells and i just love it!

on 6/29/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like See but I don't love it. I'd grade it a "C" -- it's just okay for me. It's light & fresh, but to my nose it mostly smells like watered-down Mott's apple juice -- with maybe a little lemon & light floral added. Kind of reminds me of 2000's "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren, in the turquoise-striped bottle (which I never really liked either).

Launched in 2012, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Apple blossom, Bergamot
Heart Notes - Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes - Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

It's sweet and fresh and fruity, but the apple blossom note smells a bit artificial to me -- like an apple flavoring you'd find in a Dollar Store fruit drink or hard candy or chewing gum. There's just an artificiality about the apple note for me (which constantly nags at the back of my mind when I'm wearing and inhaling it).

And it's a sweet red apple note in this perfume, not a tart Granny Smith. I generally love those listed basenotes of musk & vanilla -- but unfortunately, I really can't smell the basenotes -- the apple is what dominates, to my nose.

No doubt, See is very fresh, sweet, uplifting, and easy to wear. I picture a pretty Spring day near an orchard -- sun shining -- the breezes floating off the apple trees -- gingham aprons, pie, sunshine, and happiness.

Even though there aren't any orchards around, I picture Laurie in the movie musical "Oklahoma" singing, "Oh, what a beautiful morning!" -- and she's wearing See. I think this perfume fits Laurie -- casual, fresh, wholesome, girly, sweet, and pretty. It's almost a throw-back to the 60's, for me -- it seems to remind me of some vintage apple blossom scent from way back that I can't quite recall.

Young women who like MJ Daisy or Dot would probably like See -- I think they're all the same basic type. Except for Chloe's original fragrance in 1975 (an awesome beautiful rich & strong floral, which is still available), I haven't been a huge fan of the new modern Chloe line in general (my favorite is the powdery Love, Chloe). See is okay though -- a light, pretty, fresh fruity-floral.

on 6/4/2014 10:54:00 PM

I think this smells soapy and light.

Popular Fragrances