January 31, 2015 | 1885 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - See By Chloe EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 10:25:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I hated (absolutely hated) this perfume. I won it in a gift basket, I received the 2.5oz bottle. I was going to return it to Sephora but gave it one last try.

It's like baby powder, but feminine and sweet. I started liking it a lot but realize a lot of girls (including lots of my coworkers) wear it too. I can sniff it out lol.

I love it now, I think it's a lovely scent. Very faint, sophisticated-type of sweet (not sugar sweet, it's more elegant sweet). I introduced it to a Sephora customer one time (he was a 40 year old man shopping for his 20-something girlfriend. Yup) and he loved it the moment smelled it -and he went straight to the cashier. And no I don't work at Sephora.

Sometimes I crave this scent. In evenings I would think, "Ah I should have worn Chloe today." I only wear this with I see girlfriends who don't wear perfume (so they don't know what this is) and with guys when we're staying in (it's a very casual scent, not overpowering so it's not like I'm "trying" to be attractive with perfume. Know what I mean?? When guys can smell the perfume on girls, it likely means the perfume is way too strong, gross, and overpowering).

Yes that's right, I have to avoid public with this scent haha. This perfume is soooooooooooooooooo freakin popular, argh...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by franehh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So many regrets about buying this. I shelled out for the full-size a year ago after sniffing it in a magazine insert and trying it on in-store. After the first week or so, I began to detest the scent... It's a fragrance that becomes extremely cloying after a couple days. In regards to its wearability, See fades to some disgusting mix of synthetic apples and soured vanilla and has mediocre staying power (at best). It smells very cheap on me for some reason; it's nothing like the mature, floral scent elicited by the magazine insert. Smells good on paper so it might just be my body chemistry, but I found myself unable to stand this even when I sprayed it in the air. It's just sitting on my perfume tray unused now -- sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kalichk5rabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what all the hype/good reviews are about. This smells very masculine on me. It smells like I sprayed myself with my boyfriend's cologne. It's overpowering and I'm glad I received it in a Sephora sampler set rather than purchasing the whole bottle, which I was considering when I tried it on in a Sephora store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Hart93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is without doubt my signature scent! I wouldn't describe it as a 'sexy' scent but is more of a 'pretty' 'fresh' & 'young' kind of scent, which doesnt take itself to seriously which better suits a more laidback type of girl such as myself :)

It isnt too heavy so is perfect to wear everyday and you dont have to continuously spritz yourself with it as the scent does linger on your skin all day; without being two overpowering.

Personally i really like the apple notes in this perfume, however i must mention that 1 or 2 of my co workers have joked that i do smell slightly like cider when i wear it, haha :\ But it still hasnt put my off wearing it as for the most part everyone remarks on how gorgeous it smells and i just love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I like See but I don't love it. I'd grade it a "C" -- it's just okay for me. It's light & fresh, but to my nose it mostly smells like watered-down Mott's apple juice -- with maybe a little lemon & light floral added.

Launched in 2012, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Apple blossom, Bergamot
Heart Notes - Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes - Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

It's sweet and fresh and fruity, but the apple blossom note smells a bit artificial to me -- like an apple flavoring you'd find in a Dollar Store fruit drink or hard candy or chewing gum. There's just an artificiality about the apple note for me (which constantly nags at the back of my mind when I'm wearing and inhaling it).

And it's a sweet red apple note in this perfume, not a tart Granny Smith. I generally love those listed basenotes of musk & vanilla -- but unfortunately, I really can't smell the basenotes -- the apple is what dominates, to my nose.

No doubt, See is very fresh, sweet, uplifting, and easy to wear. I picture a pretty Spring day near an orchard -- sun shining -- the breezes floating off the apple trees -- gingham aprons, pie, sunshine, and happiness.

Even though there aren't any orchards around, I picture Laurie in the movie musical "Oklahoma" singing, "Oh, what a beautiful morning!" -- and she's wearing See. I think this perfume fits Laurie -- casual, fresh, wholesome, girly, sweet, and pretty. It's almost a throw-back to the 60's, for me -- it seems to remind me of some vintage apple blossom scent from way back that I can't quite recall.

Young women who like MJ Daisy or Dot would probably like See -- I think they're all the same basic type. Except for Chloe's original fragrance in 1975 (an awesome beautiful rich & strong floral, which is still available), I haven't been a huge fan of the new modern Chloe line in general (my favorite is the powdery Love, Chloe). See is okay though -- a light, pretty, fresh fruity-floral.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I think this smells soapy and light. I like it, it's very airy and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Anomoley

This fragrance is absolutely incredible on me, which says a lot considering the fact that most perfumes either turn into something intolerable on me, or don't last AT ALL. This is a rare fragrance in that it transforms into something magical on my skin -- a very sweet yet fresh scent that's sexy yet innocent, clean but still exciting and so full of nuances. Lasting power is extraordinary -- well over 6 hours.

Contrary to what most reviews here state, this is actually a very young scent to my nose... much younger than some of the traditionally "teen" scents in my collection (Pink Sugar and Juicy Couture both turn to granny scents on me). My collection consists of a variety of high end brands, mainstream and specialty perfumery creations... and this is by far my favorite.

It's quickly become my go-to scent and I can't be without it for longer than a couple of days. I wear it to bed some nights and honestly notice that I have better dreams when I do -- the sweet smell of honey and apples is just out of this world.

Take away point for anyone reading this: TRY this fragrance! It seems that it's highly individual based on your chemistry... you may hate it, but if you love it, you'll likely REALLY love it!

PS: Men seem to notice and like this scent as well -- my husband's first comment was, "you smell good enough to eat" -- a bit of a shocking statement coming from a guy who NEVER smells a darn thing on me. Also have gotten many compliments from passersby of the opposite sex. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This comes off as a very... "mature" scent on me. Im no Spring Chicken, but Id rather not walk around smelling like my grandmothers closet. I also got one of the smaller bottles that you just dab onto your wrist...not a huge fan of that sort of packaging, its too easy to get too much. It does last all day, though. When I first tried it, I hated it so much I tried to scrub it off my skin to no avail. Lasted all damn day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsbox

Tried to like it but it just doesn't smell good to me. My son asked if I was wearing sunscreen and that's what it smells like to me. Thankfully I got the deluxe mini from sephora so I didn't shell out for this ... guess I'll give it to my nieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Thrillmore1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. Its light, fresh and feminine without being overpowering. I work in an office environment so this is important to me. I love the honey smell of this. It brings back great memories of my childhood (which may be why I like it so much). Overall, this is a scent I will come back to time and time again. Though I wear this all year round, this would be especially good for summer. A must try!