September 23, 2014 | 2065 users online

Makeup Brushes - Finding Color 12 piece wool brush set

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this set from a website called Light In The Box. So far very happy with my purchase. I will not go as far as to say they are up to par with a designer brand such as MAC (really I think the more expensive sets may be) , Bobbie Brown etc as so many reviewers seem to claim on their site. In comparison I have a small beauty supply (natural hair) brush set that is better and picks up more product. That set is probably over ten years old. I think I paid 10 to 24 dollars per brush and the brushes are still in good condition---but this set From Light In The Box for 18.99 makes a very nice backup or travel if you hate short handled brushes. The hairs are VERY SOFT and pliable on the lid. I bought this mostly for the eye makeup brushes as I am getting back into eye shadow again. The site lists this as ‘Persian Wool’ and their site does indicate that some of their brushes are a blend of synthetic and natural hair. I am guessing this is a blend from what I can see, mostly synthetic, but higher quality. I love the white tips at the end of the brush hair plus the roll up case with snaps is very nice. All the brushes are individually wrapped in plastic to protect them. Again a great bargain and makes a nice gift for someone who may be starting out using makeup or just wants a backup brush set. I also have the synthetic starter set which is good for travel and fits into a medium sized purse easily.
Just use baby shampoo to clean and lie flat on a towel avoid the metal part and your brushes should last for a long time. I would gladly come back to this site to purchase again. So many choices!!
4/5 star rating.
PS I chose the free shipping option and on average my package(s) arrived in 10-11 days. I live in the western US. They ship from China.