November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Palettes - NARS - The Happening Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky and early the day I found this palette at Nordstrom Rack. This was my first foray into the NARS brand. I've shied away from NARS in the past because of its priciness. It seemed like a good trial set: Orgasm blush, Laguna Bronzer, relatively neutral eyeshadows. NARS blushes seem to be a beauty blogger favorite and I thought I would finally take the plunge with this kit.

First, the famed Orgasm blush which is supposed to give you a natural glow as if experiencing its namesake...erm, call me a prude, but I don't see what all the hype is about. Nice blush, but I get hit or miss applications with this formula. I find myself having to go back to get even coverage. And it isn't the brush, because the same brush performs extremely well with my Benefit blushes.

Second, the bronzer, I'm not a bronzing whiz, but I've had better luck with other products, namely the Trish McEvoy bronzer.

Third, the eyeshadows, some fallout---yikes, nice enough shades, but totally dupable and nothing spectacular.

I do not find myself reaching for this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I like the packaging but the rubber really shows grime, fall out etc. As for the products themselves, I'll post individual reviews:

NARS Orgasm: decent pigmentation, but filled with gold shimmer that looks off on my fair skin and shows my pores.
NARS Laguna: Too olive toned for my skin but the bronzer itself has great pigmentation and lasting power.
Purple shade: Pretty good pigmentation.Not easily blendable though.
Taupe shade: Great pigmentation. Nice all over colour.
Dark colour: Excellent pigmentation. Almost too pigmented!
Highlight shade: No pigmentation. Only sparkles show up on my skin there's no "base" colour underneath if that makes sense.

I would not repurchase this palette but it gave me the opporutnity to try out two of NARS' famous products plus their eyeshadows. All of the eyeshadows (except for the highlight shade) are easy to use and give good - excellent pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by EllaDeS

This is perfect for travel. Very sleek and it has a great color combo inside. I would absolutely purchase again. Nars needs to make Gstaad permanent as I find myself using this shade daily even when I'm at home. Would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lavenderbee

Just in case any NARS executives read these reviews- I would *totally* have bought this palette if it had ANY OTHER blush than Orgasm in it. Every palette, every set has Orgasm in it! Everyone has it already! Those of us who are collectors have it a few times over! Please start mixing up the blushes in your palettes. I know that Orgasm is your big seller but you have so many other great blushes, come on, throw us a bone (or a Madly, or a Gilda, or an Amour, or a Liberte).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The NARS The Happening Eye & Cheek Colour Palette is a limited edition palette released for the NARS Spring 2013 collection. It includes a blush, four eyeshadows, and a bronzer.
I purchased this in my recent NARS haul along with the And God Created the Woman Set (separate review) and a number of other products, and for the most part I'm pretty satisfied with this.
Below, I listed all the shades along with their description, pigmentation level, and personal notes, when applicable:
-Orgasm (blush): Peachy-pink with gold shimmer (good pigmentation) (best-selling)
-Night Star (eyeshadow): Sheer peach with a sheen (decent pigmentation)
-Gstaad (eyeshadow): Shimmery taupe (good pigmentation) (new, limited edition)
-Kuala Lumpur (eyeshadow): Shimmery warm plummy mauve with gold shimmer (good pigmentation)
-Coconut Grove (eyeshadow): Matte deep cool brown (excellent pigmentation) (darker than MAC Brun)
-Laguna (bronzer): Warm brown with subtle gold reflects (good pigmentation)
The eyeshadows in this palette are lacking in pigmentation, so I recommend you apply them wet, and/or layer them on top of a colored base.
For that reason, I had to lower the rating.
Orgasm and Laguna, however, are iconic shades, and they're also old favorites of mine. It kind of annoyed me that they keep including these shades in every single set and palette, but I guess it's a good thing since I don't need to repurchase them, right? Regardless, Orgasm is my holy grail powder blush and Laguna is a fantastic bronzer. Both deliver a lovely glow for my NC35 complexion.
This palette retails for $65, and to the extent of my knowledge, it's currently only available at Nordstrom and the NARS website.
Considering it comes with this many shades, this price is pretty reasonable. I personally only think it's worth it if you want to try out NARS eyeshadows and Orgasm and/or Laguna, otherwise, you can pass, but if you want it, by all means, get it! Don't let my opinion stop you!
The packaging is a sleek classic NARS compact that's slim and very travel-friendly.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by missy12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I had a complimentary makeover with NARS and they used this palette on me. It was seriously love at first sight when I saw this palette! Firstly, I travel lots and this is the perfect eyes/cheek palette to bring with you when you travel.. Secondly, it includes the Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer duo (which I've been eyeing for a while), plus eyeshadows that are perfect for everyday neutral but can be built up to a smokey eye for a night out.. It was recently released and bought it at The Bay department store for CAD$75.. I am usually a drugstore brand kinda gal and this is my very first high end make up product.. And i must say, i did not regret my decision at all..

Just a general idea of what this eye and cheek palette consists of:

Blush - Orgasm
Bronzer - Laguna
Eyeshadows - Night star, Corfu, Kuala Lumpur II, Coconut Grove

- The Night Star eyeshadow is a really pretty peachy colour with gold sparkles..
- The Corfu is a taupe colour.. I looked up Corfu reviews on makeupalley and it mentioned that its a cream eyeshadow.. In this palette it's not a cream eyeshadow.. it's a powder shadow..
- Kuala Lumpur II is a glittery violet/burgundy colour.. gorgeous is all i can say..
- Coconut Grove is my favourite of all.. This dark brown shadow is pigmented and it's perfect for everyday neutrals but you can definitely put more to create a smokey effect

- And everyone knows the orgasm/laguna duo.. :) look at their reviews here on MUA..

Together with my urban decay primer potion on my eyes, the eyeshadows lasted for sooo long.. I wore it from 9am-7pm and it's still intact.. My blush and bronzer might've faded but i think that's typical..

Overall, an awesome product!! I'm glad i splurged and in turn received a high quality product.. :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No