November 27, 2014 | 1479 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading all the good reviews but sadly this does not work for my skin type or tone. The cream is way too orange and no amount of mixing or blending helped, and it became greasy. I have combo skin, but it was greasy on my dry patches. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by camerae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading great reviews on Makeup Alley. I'd been using Lancome BB cream which I liked a lot but I wanted a cheaper alternative. This did not work for me, and I returned and am back to Lancome. I bought in the 01 Light color.

Pros:
Great packaging
Price, very reasonable compared to the department store price I was paying
Color in the tube (light) looks nice

Cons:
-Product does not spread well so I had to do a small area of my face at a time.
-ORANGE! Not sure how, but in the tube it looks like a great beige, and it's very orange on my face. I still wore it for two days, but I needed tons of setting powder to counteract orange.
-Did not last at all. My Lancome BB would still be on my face at the end of the day, and this stuff seemed to have disappeared 6-8 hours after I put it on. Grrr...I used primer with both.
-The deal breaker for me though, product made my face greasy!! I used setting powder, and 2 hours later could not believe the amount of oil on my face. No thank you.

Really wish this had worked because I love the price. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mandapandarin

Ok so, I bought this on a whim after seeing all the great reviews of it and I thought it would be my new go to BB cream (which I have now decided is the Ponds brand instead). First impressions: the packing is nice and sturdy, it smells really really good, holy crap it's so orange. I bought light and I was realllly pale when I bought it and my face ended up looking like a pumpkin. It felt a bit oily and looked shiny as well, but also felt really moisturized as well. Now that it's summer time, I am getting to use it more frequently, but if I'm going anywhere where I may sweat, I finish it with powder and my Urban Decay setting spray. All in all though, you are better off buying the Ponds BB cream in light..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jrmanor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for something to replace my Stila Stay All Day Illuminating BB cream because I was using it daily and it is so expensive to keep repurchasing ($36 for 40 mL!). I found this in CVS and I love the Lumene toner and vitamin c night cream so I thought I'd give this a try. So far I'm in love! It gives fantastic coverage for a BB cream and it's illuminating without being sparkly or shimmery. I snuck a test of the medium in the store (shhh) and it looked a little pinky orangy for me but the light was way too light. I bought the medium and it turned out to blend pretty seamlessly into my skin tone--I'm anywhere between an NW20-NW30 depending on the time of the year. It does set a little on the dry side, so I sprayed my face with some Mac Fix+ spray and some MUFE HD setting powder and it is really like a very light coverage foundation. It's also more than half the price for more product: around $15 for 50 mL.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I had no luck with American BB creams. Then I noticed this had a high rating. Since MUA reviews often lead me to great finds, I went & found it on sale BOGO. I've used it for a year now so here is my review & advice: If at first you are not happy, try various application techniques. Different methods gave me varying results in coverage. My goal was a sheer "real skin" appearance but I also need the ability to conceal redness/capillaries. By spritzing my face with hydrosol/toner, then stippling on the BB cream in a very light layer using a damp Real Techniques Buffing brush, I'm achieving that. For me that's a miracle as I have quite a bit of acne scarring & large pores in my T-zone. I also like that I can achieve a good face base in a short amount of time.

For me, performance in cold weather was so-so. It tended to accentuate any dry patches. However, where I live it's very cold and VERY dry in winter. But in Summer, it's wonderful. It may work great over some moisturizers/primers & look terrible over others. Remember what Wayne Goss says, "like matches like". YMMV, but this is silicone base. It has performed well over my daily sunscreen (L'oreal Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Face Lotion 50) which has a good amount of slip to it, even after it dries down. It has also been fine with L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream which I use around my nose to mattify & diminish large pores. (I had almost thrown away that L'oreal BB cream because I hated it at first. But later, I found out it worked pretty well as a mattifier).

The CONS: As other reviewers have mentioned, there are only two shades. I'm fair and on me peachy tones work well. If you're not, you may be out of luck. Go LIGHTLY around eyes as this dries quickly. If it does, smooth that with fingers. Sun protection isn't broad spectrum, so I'd never rely on this alone. I disregard any skin care claims this makes. As for acne, it has NOT broken me out which is saying a lot because MOST cosmetics with silicone make my cystic acne flare.

The CC cream from Lumene is a different texture. Sometimes I blend the two which seems to give slip & a longer working time to blend. Also seems to work better on dry skin in Winter. The CC cream also came in a lighter shade. Hope this helps!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't use this stuff because the color match was off. People who can get a color match seem to really like it so it would be nice if Lumene expanded the color range.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by marlinchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this BB Cream given how many great reviews it's gotten, but I'm just not able to wear it. I have very fair skin so I got the lightest shade available (01,) and it came out of the bottle ORANGE. Not wanting to go to work looking like an Oompa-Loompa, I had to wash it off immediately so I can't say if it wears well or not.

On the positivie side, the consistency seemed nice and light, not too thick or runny, and it has a subtle cosmetic smell that isn't really noticeable on the skin.

I might try this again if they offered a different shade, but this has got to be the most orange foundation I've ever seen.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

This product is not meant for people with pale skin. Period. It is orange and applies terribly. It made me very oily and break out. If you have dry skin, or darker more tan skin tone this might work for you but if you're fair stay away! I applied the product after doing my washing/cleansing in the morning and by the afternoon I was an oily mess which is not at all typical for me. It sloughed off of my face even using a primer. Would not buy again, and am going to use it as a cover for my hands as sunscreen. Never again on my face! Smell was alright, consistancy was terrible, and it made my eyes itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by prozackat

I've been using this for about a year and I can't go without it. I tried a few BB creams and all either broke me out or made my skin oily. This helps control my oil while still actually moisturizing it. Let me say that my face is a ridiculous oil slick. So if you have dry skin this product probably isn't for you. In the winter I use a moisturizer under this. The rest of the time I only use this to moisturize in the morning. This stuff is like a face lift in a tube. I apply it and my face lights up and looks...just lifted and brightened. Evens out my blotchiness and I can actually go without makeup. I think it may actually have the anti aging properties it claims. I don't expect miracles, but now my fine lines around my mouth may be slightly improved. I hate any kind of shimmer or glitter and I don't have that problem with this cream. The price is totally reasonable as it lasts a long time. I have to say this is a HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go-to BB cream, perfect for humid Southern summers. I have oily, NC 35 skin, and the shade Medium looks great. (doesn't look orange on me) I set it with NYX Finishing Powder, and I don't look shiny even at the end of the day.

PROS: Affordable, lightweight, blends easily, great coverage for acne marks, doesn't give additional breakouts.

CONS: Can't think of any! Will continue to purchase.

**UPDATE as of 7/6/14/: I wore this BB cream during a 12 hr shoot for a movie in 95F New Orleans.. still held up nicely! Looks great and natural in pictures too. :D