July 29, 2014 | 1189 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't use this stuff because the color match was off. People who can get a color match seem to really like it so it would be nice if Lumene expanded the color range.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by marlinchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this BB Cream given how many great reviews it's gotten, but I'm just not able to wear it. I have very fair skin so I got the lightest shade available (01,) and it came out of the bottle ORANGE. Not wanting to go to work looking like an Oompa-Loompa, I had to wash it off immediately so I can't say if it wears well or not.

On the positivie side, the consistency seemed nice and light, not too thick or runny, and it has a subtle cosmetic smell that isn't really noticeable on the skin.

I might try this again if they offered a different shade, but this has got to be the most orange foundation I've ever seen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

This product is not meant for people with pale skin. Period. It is orange and applies terribly. It made me very oily and break out. If you have dry skin, or darker more tan skin tone this might work for you but if you're fair stay away! I applied the product after doing my washing/cleansing in the morning and by the afternoon I was an oily mess which is not at all typical for me. It sloughed off of my face even using a primer. Would not buy again, and am going to use it as a cover for my hands as sunscreen. Never again on my face! Smell was alright, consistancy was terrible, and it made my eyes itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by prozackat

I've been using this for about a year and I can't go without it. I tried a few BB creams and all either broke me out or made my skin oily. This helps control my oil while still actually moisturizing it. Let me say that my face is a ridiculous oil slick. So if you have dry skin this product probably isn't for you. In the winter I use a moisturizer under this. The rest of the time I only use this to moisturize in the morning. This stuff is like a face lift in a tube. I apply it and my face lights up and looks...just lifted and brightened. Evens out my blotchiness and I can actually go without makeup. I think it may actually have the anti aging properties it claims. I don't expect miracles, but now my fine lines around my mouth may be slightly improved. I hate any kind of shimmer or glitter and I don't have that problem with this cream. The price is totally reasonable as it lasts a long time. I have to say this is a HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go-to BB cream, perfect for humid Southern summers. I have oily, NC 35 skin, and the shade Medium looks great. (doesn't look orange on me) I set it with NYX Finishing Powder, and I don't look shiny even at the end of the day.

PROS: Affordable, lightweight, blends easily, great coverage for acne marks, doesn't give additional breakouts.

CONS: Can't think of any! Will continue to purchase.

**UPDATE as of 7/6/14/: I wore this BB cream during a 12 hr shoot for a movie in 95F New Orleans.. still held up nicely! Looks great and natural in pictures too. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this BB cream. Unfortunately it does not live up to expectations. The cream is on the dry side and even though I apply moisturizing serum and a day cream before this, it feels drying upon application. You have to apply really fast because it dries quickly and unevenly. I quite often have to spray a moisturizing mist on top to get an even finish. Strange, because Korean BB creams I've tried feel and look heavier but go on easier and smoother. This Lumene BB feels heavy on my skin, not what I'm looking for in a BB. Gives a luminous but slightly too glittery/oily-ish finish although it is dry. Makes my skin look awful by the end of the day. (I am mostly comparing this product to Dermalogica's sheer tint moisture SPF15, the old discontinued formula because I'm looking for a replacement for it...)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Not for me. I got this for an everyday color hoping it would be a good match. I ordered it online so I couldn’t really test it out. I have light to medium skin (lighter in winter and medium in summer) and this is too dark for me. I recently tried it on my mom and it suits her skin color perfectly (got it in the medium) She is medium all year round and tan in summer. It says anti-aging but she hasn’t used it long enough to notice a big change. She also has dry skin like myself, and it didn’t emphasise her dry areas. So for those that are a true medium (maybe like NC40/45) this would work. But sadly not for me. I find it so difficult to find a good drugstore foundation/bb/cc cream!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

Saw all the rave reviews and decided to take the plunge on one of my first BB creams. It has nice coverage, doesn't make my skin look oily or cakey and doesn't irritate or break me out. It makes my skin look really nice! Why the three stars then? I took two stars off for it being SO orange! I was so sad! I'm an nc/c 30 and I bought the medium shade and I look like an Oompa Loompa :( the light shade is too light and slightly pink. If the medium was less orange I would repurchase forever. Such a shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference the only bb cream I've had success with has been Ponds (who knew?). But after reading the MUA reviews, I had to try it!
I was torn between this and the Time Freeze CC cream. I swatched both, and the BB seemed a little silkier with more even coverage, so I scooped this up at $14.99.
When I got home, I was dismayed, what seemed to blend perfectly in the store, left the right side of my face a rusty orange color.

I'm curious if the vit C in the BB is oxidizing after application and the color is coming off much more orange than intended.
Definitely returning this one. Could've been the perfect BB if not for the nasty orange hue.

I will be trying the CC cream next, as the color stayed true after I swatched it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this. I have tried other BB creams (Korean), and though they looked really good on my skin, but they broke me out.

You can just take this cream (really, more of a thin liquid), and just slap it on your face, give it a few swipes to blend, and voila, all done. It is virtually error proof. It dries quickly and feels like I have nothing on my skin. And it doesn't sink into the pores around my nose.

It is a very light moisturizer, and fixes some ongoing flakiness and it has sunscreen. It also creates this lovely subtle sheen on my skin, something I am always trying to create, and it has enough coverage to even out my skin and cover redness. I don't know how it does that, really, maybe it is the brighteners, but I usually like at least a medium coverage around the center of my face and I don't feel the need to do any more concealing.

The color. I have the Light (it only comes in two colors: Light and Medium), and opened it up in the parking lot and squeezed a little out on my fingers and was shocked at how orange it was, but when I tried it on my skin, it blended in well enough, though I would prefer a lighter color. In most foundations, I wear about the second or third lightest color, so if you are fairer than I am, this won't work for you. Hence the one lippie off.

A tip: If you go to Walgreen's to find this, they hide it in the skin treatment aisle, NOT with the cosmetics.

Lumene, are you listening? You sell a Fair shade in Finland, bring it over here! Please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No