Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Not quite as HG for me as the Lumene CC Cream is, but it's a very good product. Use it if you're looking for a non-sticky cream with a dewey look. It absorbs well.

My only complaint is that the fair tone is too orange for my skin.

on 2/11/2015 6:41:00 PM

I read reviews after I had purchased online so I was really worried that this would be very orange on me because I am quite fair skinned. Lucky for me, I'm able to wear it! It does give me a healthy glow, but this is a good thing. It blends in beautifully and makes my skin look radiant. I have noticed some dark spots on my face have faded since I have been using Lumene products, but not sure which I have to thank for that. I'm sure they all are contributing in some way.

on 2/1/2015 8:45:00 PM

Good product. Helps protect my damaged skin.
Does not irritate at all.

on 12/27/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the highest rated BB creams on the site. Which actually led me to trying it and the CC cream. The CC cream i bought 4 of when they were half off at Walgreens. This...
I like the squeeze tube, and i even like the colors and design (white and orange, very basic and clean). I would only change the tube to a squeeze tip like the CC cream as it's more hygenic and mess free. I like that it is cruelty free. I like that it's full coverage; most US BB creams are actually incorrectly made as tinted moisturizers. I like that there is no whitening like South Korean BBs.
i dislike that it is a little orange toned. I use the CC in medium for a perfect match. This makes me darker which i like, but really needs to be blended well over a primer and potentially mixed with something to mute it a little. It drys fast so you have little time to blend. It ends up making me look a little tanned which is fine if i can get the face to neck area blended enough to not look like a mask. BB creams ideally change to match your skin and provide full coverage and spf. So this fails in that respect in matching, but there is still something i like about it. The coverage and the slight tan.

Pros:
Squeeze tube convienient and hygenic
classic package colors
*full coverage
*cruelty free (at time of review at least)
Offers slight tan
*no whitening!

Cons:
No tip (very very minor)
*Orangey if not SUPER blended
*does not change to match skin tone

on 11/22/2014 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this after reading all the good reviews but sadly this does not work for my skin type or tone. The cream is way too orange and no amount of mixing or blending helped, and it became greasy. I have combo skin, but it was greasy on my dry patches. Will not repurchase.

on 10/20/2014 12:07:00 PM

I bought this after reading great reviews on Makeup Alley. I'd been using Lancome BB cream which I liked a lot but I wanted a cheaper alternative. This did not work for me, and I returned and am back to Lancome. I bought in the 01 Light color.

Pros:
Great packaging
Price, very reasonable compared to the department store price I was paying
Color in the tube (light) looks nice

Cons:
-Product does not spread well so I had to do a small area of my face at a time.
-ORANGE! Not sure how, but in the tube it looks like a great beige, and it's very orange on my face. I still wore it for two days, but I needed tons of setting powder to counteract orange.
-Did not last at all. My Lancome BB would still be on my face at the end of the day, and this stuff seemed to have disappeared 6-8 hours after I put it on. Grrr...I used primer with both.
-The deal breaker for me though, product made my face greasy!! I used setting powder, and 2 hours later could not believe the amount of oil on my face. No thank you.

Really wish this had worked because I love the price. Oh well.

Ok so, I bought this on a whim after seeing all the great reviews of it and I thought it would be my new go to BB cream (which I have now decided is the Ponds brand instead). First impressions: the packing is nice and sturdy, it smells really really good, holy crap it's so orange. I bought light and I was realllly pale when I bought it and my face ended up looking like a pumpkin. It felt a bit oily and looked shiny as well, but also felt really moisturized as well. Now that it's summer time, I am getting to use it more frequently, but if I'm going anywhere where I may sweat, I finish it with powder and my Urban Decay setting spray. All in all though, you are better off buying the Ponds BB cream in light..

on 8/5/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was looking for something to replace my Stila Stay All Day Illuminating BB cream because I was using it daily and it is so expensive to keep repurchasing ($36 for 40 mL!). I found this in CVS and I love the Lumene toner and vitamin c night cream so I thought I'd give this a try. So far I'm in love! It gives fantastic coverage for a BB cream and it's illuminating without being sparkly or shimmery. I snuck a test of the medium in the store (shhh) and it looked a little pinky orangy for me but the light was way too light. I bought the medium and it turned out to blend pretty seamlessly into my skin tone--I'm anywhere between an NW20-NW30 depending on the time of the year. It does set a little on the dry side, so I sprayed my face with some Mac Fix+ spray and some MUFE HD setting powder and it is really like a very light coverage foundation. It's also more than half the price for more product: around $15 for 50 mL.

on 7/30/2014 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had no luck with American BB creams. Then I noticed this had a high rating. Since MUA reviews often lead me to great finds, I went & found it on sale BOGO. I've used it for a year now so here is my review & advice: If at first you are not happy, try various application techniques. Different methods gave me varying results in coverage. My goal was a sheer "real skin" appearance but I also need the ability to conceal redness/capillaries. By spritzing my face with hydrosol/toner, then stippling on the BB cream in a very light layer using a damp Real Techniques Buffing brush, I'm achieving that. For me that's a miracle as I have quite a bit of acne scarring & large pores in my T-zone. I also like that I can achieve a good face base in a short amount of time.

For me, performance in cold weather was so-so. It tended to accentuate any dry patches. However, where I live it's very cold and VERY dry in winter. But in Summer, it's wonderful. It may work great over some moisturizers/primers & look terrible over others. Remember what Wayne Goss says, "like matches like". YMMV, but this is silicone base. It has performed well over my daily sunscreen (L'oreal Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Face Lotion 50) which has a good amount of slip to it, even after it dries down. It has also been fine with L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream which I use around my nose to mattify & diminish large pores. (I had almost thrown away that L'oreal BB cream because I hated it at first. But later, I found out it worked pretty well as a mattifier).

The CONS: As other reviewers have mentioned, there are only two shades. I'm fair and on me peachy tones work well. If you're not, you may be out of luck. Go LIGHTLY around eyes as this dries quickly. If it does, smooth that with fingers. Sun protection isn't broad spectrum, so I'd never rely on this alone. I disregard any skin care claims this makes. As for acne, it has NOT broken me out which is saying a lot because MOST cosmetics with silicone make my cystic acne flare.

The CC cream from Lumene is a different texture. Sometimes I blend the two which seems to give slip & a longer working time to blend. Also seems to work better on dry skin in Winter. The CC cream also came in a lighter shade. Hope this helps!!

on 7/9/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't use this stuff because the color match was off. People who can get a color match seem to really like it so it would be nice if Lumene expanded the color range.