Revlon Colorsilk Luminista

3.5

on 2/14/2015 2:34:00 PM

Terrible. It dried out my hair. Didn't color my hair properly. Half was color half was not. never using it again.

on 1/18/2015 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been colouring my hair 5N (medium neutral brown) for close to a year now, using various brands. All-in-all, I love the shade on me, but this product has given me my favourite results by far. I've been through the gambit of brands...some don't completely cover my "tinsel," some come out brassy, some give me "hot roots," etc. I stumbled upon this product completely by accident and I am hooked! I tend to be a bit hyper-sensitive to any warmth in my hair (even when no one else sees it!) and so when this brand said it would lift without brassiness, I was intrigued. And it does exactly that. I initially only planned on doing a root touch-up, but decided at the last minute to go ahead and pull the colour through for the last 5 minutes or so and I am in love with the shade of brown I wound up with. I can't stop looking in the mirror! I am so pleased with my result and my hair doesn't feel terribly damaged or dried out the way it does with some dyes. I will most definitely be repurchasing!

on 9/20/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have colored my hair at home for many,many years. I typically use L'Oreal Excellence or Garnier. The shade Deep Red along with the price intrigued me to purchase the Revlon. I've used it a few times years and years ago. I think it was the colorsilk one though. This brand left my hair dry! The color bleeds every time I shower (I use cold water and it's been over a week) my scalp is irritated and flaking. I have never had this issue,even with other brands that have red in it. I will not repurchase. My hair and scalp did not care for it.

on 6/5/2014 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Alright- first of all, this is the first time I've dyed my hair so I'm obviously new to all of this however I've been around numerous women that dye their hair every month so I clearly have already grasped the concept of hair dyes and what not. So basically my hair is an intense black in the virgin sense- and plus, my hair is extremely thick. One strand of my hair is equivalent to 4-5 strands of hair in an average persons' head. So clearly those were the two reasons why I chose to get the Revlon Luminista. As it claims to "saturate dark hair with vibrant, shimmering color, without subduing unwanted brassiness" and it truly did a job well done to my hair. I wanted my hair looking a tad bit lighter and revitalized and healthier and that's what the dye actually did. It made my hair look more easy on the eye like in a weight sense- basically it doesn't look like a heavy burden anymore and that now it looks like it could pass for a hair commercial wherein the hair looks gorgeous, healthy, shiny and all that. It basically stands up to its name "Luminista" which is basically "luminous" and it just absolutely fantastic for a drugstore hair dye. It's a couple bucks pricier than the original Revlon Colorsilk line but not too high go go over drugstore which is still a fair price with the results that you would get with it. The "Luminista" line is highly recommended for those who have dark hair or stubborn hair that takes a couple of coats just so that the color would appear. It just gives you that instant glow and radiant healthy look to your hair which of course is absolutely lovely.

on 4/11/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just tried shade #165 - Light Caramel Brown - and the results are super pretty! For reference I have naturally dark brown asian hair. I had some caramel highlights put in my hair about 6 months ago and have been using various box dyes to blend my dark roots with the lighter highlights. I had used the regular Colorsilk in an ash brown shade, but it turned out a bit darker than I had hoped. Then I tried Garnier and it was disappointing because the color faded quickly and I have been noticing a lot of gray hairs suddenly, and it didn't do anything to cover them! And I use to use Garnier many years ago with great results, but the last time I was so let down with the lack of color. Maybe I got a bad box? I waited 8 weeks since I used Garnier, and was at the drugstore and spotted the Luminista Line. It was on sale as well for about 4 dollars and some change. It promised to lift my dark brown hair to a beautiful lighter caramel shade but also to cover the grays completely... Ahhhhh really? I was skeptical but hopeful at once. And let me tell you, it did just that! I left it on my roots for about 45 minutes and voila! My roots blend in with my highlights. The dark brown is now caramel and grays... It's like I never had any at all! I'm running out and buying several boxes so I always have it on hand!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this today. I am pleased. I used 145 Burgundy Brown. S$9.90. What amazing cheapness is this.

1. Coloring: It was easy to use, but a little messy. I waited 1 hour.
2. Washing: My hair felt dry when I washed it all out. I used the conditioner that it came with. Like the box promised, it leaves my hair in better condition. My hair has never felt more fabulous, you don't understand.
3. Results: After my hair dried, I noticed that it did not turn out to look like what the box showed, or the preview provided at the store. It came out unsatisfying uneven, especially near the hairline, but I didn't do it properly anyway, it was my first time, I don't know what I was doing, but for a cheap product which did not destroy my hair, it was all good.

on 12/28/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this in 112 Burgundy Black and was attracted by how pretty the hair color looked on the girl on the box. My hair was dark brown before dyeing it, and after dyeing it looked pretty much the same I mean if you looked close or was in the sunlight you could see kind of like a purplish tint but it was really faint. But anyways the hairdye was only $3-$4 so it wasn't a problem, didn't mess up my hair, and I liked how it made my hair feel. Maybe next time I will pick up a different color though.

on 9/18/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Revlon Luminista 115 Medium Brown.
I dyed my hair with Luminista after a bad experience with Clairol nice n easy dark brown that colored my roots orange and my ends very dark black, plus with the ammonia it dry my hair bad. I needed to fix my hair fast with no much money and no harsh chemicals, so I decided to try Luminista. First I have to say that I love that its ammonia free but when I mixed it did had a little smell of alcohol, the gloves were to small and it kind of burn in my head and I feel my entire hair so hot. I waited 30 min and then wash it, used the conditioner and my hair was so soft. The results after the mistake that I had were great, the color looks like the box medium brown but I do think in the future I might need a retouch because my roots, although they look dark you may see some redness in the light, after all Luminista fix my hair a little for no more then $10.

on 8/23/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used Medium Blonde. I have very black shiny hair and I wanted to go for dark blonde. I was skeptical since my black hair is impossible to lighten, it would only go dark brown. So I went for Medium Blonde and leave it longer for 1 hour and voila! I got dark blonde honey hair color and people would always admire my hair color and ask what I use and what shade. Smells good and hair is light and shiny. Lasted me for 2 months.

on 6/29/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Selected shades: light caramel brown, deep red

Comments: I have been using the Colorsilk line for years and just started using the Luminista line as well. Never had an issue with color not showing up. My hair is naturally a dark brown for reference. I always love the color I get once the initial shade fades. However, I do find these dry my hair out vs. the regular Colorsilk line.

Light caramel brown: light brown, looks even better as it fades

Deep Red: dark red, most obvious in sunlight. Fades into a medium brown with red undertones. Bled the most during first wash with minimal bleeding during second wash. No staining.

Will repurchase.