April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Boudoir Eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE Too Faced products, especially their eyeshadows but I returned this immediately. I love the shadows in the pan but there is literally close to no color payoff. I seriously couldn't even see a slight difference when I put the lighter shades on. Bummer, but this one was a dud. I will stick to my Natural Eye palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this palette almost daily since I got it. I love it! Lately I've been wanting to do a more 'neutral' lighter smokey eye and this is the perfect palette to do it with. I love the selection of neutral taupe colors, because on fair skin most 'taupe' shades turn either dark brown or purple. This is perfect.
If you want more drama I'd suggest getting the natural at night palette, that one is much more pigmented :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe this palette doesnt get a lot of love here but it works for me. I was going to buy the UD Naked 3 but passed. 52 is too expensive and I swatched some of the shades at Sephora, I realized most would not work for me. I need a palette that is a balance of mattes and pearl/shimmer. This palette seems to lean toward more mauve undertones in the darker shades to the right. Yes this palette is smaller but I am on the go most of the time and this slips right into my purse and stays for the most part, stable. No broken colors so far.
My only gripe is maybe the mattes are not as smooth as I like but again they work with my coloring. I only wish Fuzzy Handcuffs was on the left (where the large highlighter shades are) as its my perfect contour shade and I see this getting used up first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I hate being dramatic, but this is seriously the worst palette I've ever purchased. The pigmentation is non-existent. The shadows look great in the pans, but I had to dig my scratchiest brush into each one to even try to get something to stick. I love the shade selection, but it is not worth the hassle. It's such a shame - Too Faced e/s can be so hit/miss. This one is a major miss!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waste of money for my colourings - found palette to be a let down. Poor pigment pay off.colour in tray is no the one picked up on brush. Expensive and a let down

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is so pretty and the names of the shadows are super cute. I love how the colours look with my blue eyes, especially lap dance. The colours are so beautiful together and they blend so nicely. There is literally no colour combination that's not going to work. the only thing I don't like is how tiny this palette is, seriously it's like the size of a blackberry! Also, the colours need a primer/brightener to stand out against each other. The shadows might not show up too well on darker skinned ladies :( I've been using this palette almost everyday since I bought it and I adore it overall. I would have given a 5 overall if it was a bit bigger and the shadows showed up more vividly on their own. Although the little pamphlet is okay, my favourite look is lap dance on the lid, voulez-vous and French tickler in the crease, and satin sheets on the brow bone. Bottom line: if you like the sexy neutral look for your eyes you're going to love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love too face but this isn't one of my favorite palettes. It's really chalky on my skin even when applied using a brush. I feel as if I have a glitter party every-time I use this. I would much rather buy another palette with better pigmentation and a lot easier to apply!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sierraashby

I really wanted to love this a lot! I recieved this for Christmas as a gift from my boyfriend. this is the only eyeshadow palette from Too Faced that I own... but I was slightly let down.The packaging and colors look amazing in the tin, but are nothing super special on. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty, but if you purchase this product don't expect it to be your fave!

(My two favorites are Sugar Walls and Fuzzy Handcuffs, though). Then again I am not a big fan of the smokey eye. If you are, maybe you would be able to play around with this and enjoy it more than me.

I also agree with another review I saw, though. These colors don't blend well ;,(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I looove these shadows. I just bought this palette around a week ago. I wanted to buy the naked three or the lorac unzipped but the naked 3 wasn't eligible for my coupon and they were out of unzipped so I found this beauty and took it home. It's gorgeous. The colors are a little bit sheer but buildable. I use it over my urban decay primer and it blends really nicely, looks very natural but you can make your eyes stand out if you want too. this reminds me a lot of the wet n wild silent treatment trio, so if you're looking for lower cost with super buttery and pigmented shadows, go with that one instead. but I love this palette, my only qualm with it is that the biggest shadows are such light colors. I know the instructions that come with the palette tell you to put it all over your lid all the way up to your brow so it makes sense in theory but I only use these colors for the inner corner and the brow highlight. Also the other colors are just a bit too small, I wish they were larger but like most of us, I have plenty of other eyeshadows so I'm sure the palette will still last quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting this palette for a few months and finally bought it about a week ago. I became obsessed with having the shade "Voulez-vous" - a deep, smokey purple/grey - and couldn't find an exact dupe of it anywhere so eventually broke down and bought this palette. For starters, the packaging is great - a sturdy, easy to use and practical small metal tin (rather than bulky cardboard) that closes securely and opens easily. And, yes, several of the colours are light, sheer and even very similar in colour but this is typical of many of TF's 9 pan palettes. But the less noticeable shades can be made more intense by using a coloured base and the shades Voulez-vous, Lap Dance, Birthday Suit and Garter Belt are such great and flattering shades that work together really well. "In the Buff" is the perfect "almost matte but not flat" brow highlighter. I am really happy with this palette. I fear that if I use up any one shade in it (not that this has EVER happened to me yet), it's likely to be Voulez-vous and then I'll have to repurchase the entire palette just for that one shade. But I like it so much, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No