July 28, 2014 | 2086 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Boudoir Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love this shadow! Gorgeous color to either give that everyday look or the dramatic effect! Very beigey, smokey and purple tones. Will definitely look more into Too Faced shadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first palette I ever purchased and I still love it. There are enough neutrals to wear daily with minimal, no makeup look, and a few to up the drama if need be. And Voulez Vous! My green eyes love it. The colors go on easily, and stay put. Minimal to no fallout unless you are being crazy aggressive. The taupes in the palette seem fairly easy for most people to wear and the other colors are just straight up beautiful. Not that is matters, but how cute is the packaging! This is my other go to, with Naked 2 taking the top spot. But I credit this product with introducing me to the idea that palettes were not a waste of money. I actually use every single color in this palette and I love it. Some of the darker colors might be intimidating to newbies, but these colors are so easy to work with. Have I mentioned I love this palette? I don't get the lower reviews here.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this palette up last summer and have recently been using it again daily. I usually wear neutral eyeshadows every day (usually Naked 1 or 2), but this palette offers a nice change to my routine.
One thing I love about Too Faced palettes is the included guide to creating three different looks. Sure, it's always fun to play around with a palette and create your own looks, but these are a nice starting point, particularly if you're fairly new to makeup. They're also great for when you only have a few minutes to get ready and need to create a completed look. I've tried out all three of the looks included in the card that comes with the palette, and I think they're all really pretty and wearable.
Boudoir Eyes is a cool-toned palette that incorporates taupes, pinks, and purples. They don't lean so cool that I can't pull them off, though (for reference, I have warm-toned, very fair skin). The palette was introduced as a spring/summer answer to smokey eyes, and I think it does that very well.
The quality of the eyeshadows is overall pretty good. They do run a bit sheerer than others in my collection, but they can be built up pretty easily. The only one I'm not wild about is Garter Belt, the gray shadow. It doesn't really build up for me. I use it to smudge out gray eyeliner, and it does work pretty well for that, but it doesn't show up well on me otherwise. Other than that, though, there are some excellent selections. I love that there are different finishes, from matte to shimmer to glitter. I do get a bit of fallout from the black shadow, French Tickler, so I just do my eye makeup before my foundation if I'm wearing that shade. And all of the shadows blend really beautifully.
I will say that I might not buy this palette again if I used it up. While I like it, it's not an essential for me. I do think it's a nice change of pace for my everyday looks, though, and I enjoy using it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE Too Faced products, especially their eyeshadows but I returned this immediately. I love the shadows in the pan but there is literally close to no color payoff. I seriously couldn't even see a slight difference when I put the lighter shades on. Bummer, but this one was a dud. I will stick to my Natural Eye palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this palette almost daily since I got it. I love it! Lately I've been wanting to do a more 'neutral' lighter smokey eye and this is the perfect palette to do it with. I love the selection of neutral taupe colors, because on fair skin most 'taupe' shades turn either dark brown or purple. This is perfect.
If you want more drama I'd suggest getting the natural at night palette, that one is much more pigmented :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe this palette doesnt get a lot of love here but it works for me. I was going to buy the UD Naked 3 but passed. 52 is too expensive and I swatched some of the shades at Sephora, I realized most would not work for me. I need a palette that is a balance of mattes and pearl/shimmer. This palette seems to lean toward more mauve undertones in the darker shades to the right. Yes this palette is smaller but I am on the go most of the time and this slips right into my purse and stays for the most part, stable. No broken colors so far.
My only gripe is maybe the mattes are not as smooth as I like but again they work with my coloring. I only wish Fuzzy Handcuffs was on the left (where the large highlighter shades are) as its my perfect contour shade and I see this getting used up first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I hate being dramatic, but this is seriously the worst palette I've ever purchased. The pigmentation is non-existent. The shadows look great in the pans, but I had to dig my scratchiest brush into each one to even try to get something to stick. I love the shade selection, but it is not worth the hassle. It's such a shame - Too Faced e/s can be so hit/miss. This one is a major miss!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waste of money for my colourings - found palette to be a let down. Poor pigment pay off.colour in tray is no the one picked up on brush. Expensive and a let down

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is so pretty and the names of the shadows are super cute. I love how the colours look with my blue eyes, especially lap dance. The colours are so beautiful together and they blend so nicely. There is literally no colour combination that's not going to work. the only thing I don't like is how tiny this palette is, seriously it's like the size of a blackberry! Also, the colours need a primer/brightener to stand out against each other. The shadows might not show up too well on darker skinned ladies :( I've been using this palette almost everyday since I bought it and I adore it overall. I would have given a 5 overall if it was a bit bigger and the shadows showed up more vividly on their own. Although the little pamphlet is okay, my favourite look is lap dance on the lid, voulez-vous and French tickler in the crease, and satin sheets on the brow bone. Bottom line: if you like the sexy neutral look for your eyes you're going to love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love too face but this isn't one of my favorite palettes. It's really chalky on my skin even when applied using a brush. I feel as if I have a glitter party every-time I use this. I would much rather buy another palette with better pigmentation and a lot easier to apply!