July 24, 2014 | 1628 users online

Moisturizers - NARS - Luminous Moisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DracheMitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturiser. I have very oily skin, and during the winter in Chicago, it becomes dehydrated because everywhere is SO dry! I use it thick at night, and a thinner later for day, followed by Bobbi Brown's Extra Soothing balm, and that is enough to keep my oil glands from going into overdrive trying to protect my face from moisture loss. I go through about a jar a month. It's the only product that I can wear thick at night without problems.

To the people who claimed this product have them cystic acne and said they went to the dermatologist: your dermatologist undoubtedly informed you that cystic acne comes from the inside out, it is unrelated to what you put on your face. It is always related to your diet (lack of eating properly) and to genetic predisposition to overabundance of acne bacteria in the skin. Cystic acne is at the dermal layer, and almost no external products can penetrate that deeply.

To the person who complained about the amount of product: it says "50mL" right on the package and the jar...so...you kind of embarrassed yourself admitting you don't read the labels before you buy products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I love this product. I have very dry skin and a very small amount of this moisturizes my skin so well. I used to use a $200 chanel moisturizer for extreme dry skin and I would have to apply and then re-apply 5 minutes later after the first bit absorbed. That is NOT the case with this cream. A dime sized amount works for my entire face making this $62 jar pretty reasonable.

I use the NARS optimal brightening concentrate underneath which is very moisturizing as well. This is probably part of why I don't have to use very much of the cream.

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin so I am happy to find a skin care regime that keeps my skin feeling very moisturized and soft without irritation. I am also happy about the price of this. 62 for the lotion and 72 for the serum makes $134 every 3 months for moisturizer and thats a pretty good deal for me considering what I have spent in the past. Maybe I will actually put this on my neck like you are supposed to... ;)

EDIT: I took 3 lippies off because this cream made me break out SO BADLY and this happens almost NEVER. I have had a HUGE zit in the middle of my forehead for 2 weeks. its cystic and huge and painful. I also have little zits all over the rest of my face that come and go. I have to go see a dermatologist about acne for the first time IN MY LIFE and I am 33.I was in denial that this cream was doing it to me which is why it took me until a few days ago to stop using it. I completely switched back to Estee Lauder products and the acne has gone down noticeably each day.

Also, can we talk about how little product is in that jar? I thought I was getting a deal. HA!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream felt great on my face, but was too heavy for my combo, sensitive, and somewhat acne-prone skin. It didn't cause redness or itchiness; it was simply too much. I broke out from it despite the NARS sales lady's assurance that I would not due to the good-for-you Omega-3s and what not. She also refused to give me a sample before purchase, even though I purchase NARS products throughout the year. It's a hassle to return products. I also wish NARS made a lighter cream to supplement it's wonderful gel moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only HG moisturizer I have found. I usually use pure jojoba oil but needed more moisture, I got a sample of this and feel in love, even great on my super oily skin. Make my tinted moistrizer look amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by psubaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this moisturizer from the NARS SA at Nordstrom when I was purchasing their new tinted moisturizer. She assured me the new NARS skin care was the best of the best.

This product broke me out somethin' fierce! It gave me a cyst under the skin on my left cheek (which I just called my dermatologist to make an appointment for a cortisone shot to get rid of) and two other huge pimples on my right cheek/chin, AND breakouts on my forehead! I don't normally break out other than around TOTM since I've gotten my skin under control by using Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads, but even those couldn't stave off the pimples from this moisturizer! The product claims to be noncomedogenic, but upon looking up the ingredients online, I found this cream contains monoi oil. I am guessing this is the culprit since I can not use anything with oil on my face.

I really do love NARS. I have several blushes, bronzer, foundation, eyeshadows, and now the tinted moisturizer. But this product was a HUGE miss for me. I haven't broken out this bad since I used the dreaded Bare Minerals foundation.