September 1, 2014 | 1928 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Whirled Away

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only way to pick up the confetti is to load a large amount of polish on the brush. Even then it is quite difficult to pick up the white hexagons. Then, it takes forever for the polish to dry because too much was applied...i wanted to love this polish...but I don't. Would not purchase this product again, and will probably end up giving the bottle away.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this polish, but unfortunately do not. I purchased "Whirled Away" at a closing sale at a store nearby me. It looked very unique and I could not wait to try it. Unfortunately, I just do not enjoy it. It does not go on well and the little black "feathers" (?) are messy and get everywhere. I think I would prefer this polish without the little black things. Unfortunately I find it so annoying that I will not be trying it again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I searched up pictures of this and it looks SO lovely on! My problem is: I can't manage to put it on and make it look good! I'm not a person who has time to sit around and paint my nails for an hour. When I try to put this on, I only get the clear polish - the bars and hexagons aren't coming out! The only way to get them out is tilting the bottle and pick up a huge glob of polish. I'm not sure if it's the pieces that are too big or that they just aren't concentrated enough. It then takes some time to dry and chips quite quickly. The shapes also don't always manage to lay flat against my mails. This just takes too much time to apply. I think this looks better over some coloured polish (it doesn't need to be opaque) than on its own.
I have 2 other polishes from China Glaze, and I find them better than Whirls Away:
- Lorelei's Tiara - it's an easily applied, gorgeous clear polish with lots and lots of silver and some light blue glitter
- Light as a feather, which has tiny bars. You need to get quite a lot on the brush at once and it doesn't apply perfectly evenly, but I consider it easy to apply and like the look. The bars are white, black, orange, pink and yellow
Lorelei's Tiara is from the 3D Glitters' collection and Light as a feather is from the Feather collection. That the polishes are in a collection means there are other colours with the same/similar pieces in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

VERY cute, but a bit of a pain to apply. I had to tip it sideways and upside down every time I dip in the brush to get some of the pieces out. Plus, it was hard to see the black pieces against the black brush so I didn't know whether I got any or not until I try it against my finger. I also had to be careful of bubbles. First time I tried this polish, I ended up getting a lot of the clear base and the glitter pieces "floated" away from my nail and I had to readjust them and ended up with bubbles that I didn't notice until I put on my top coat.

However, I love the way it looks. The black and white hexagonal glitter with the black bar glitter is so adorable I could live with the annoying application. If you have enough time and patience, I recommend this polish for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another interesting polish from the Cirque de Soleil collection. It is large opaque circle shapes, non reflective thin black bars of different lengths and opaque smaller black hex shapes in a very, very sheer black base. One has to be careful and not just yank the brush out an apply straight away because that pass may not deposit any of the shapes on the nail. Tip the closed bottle upside down to make the shapes come up, then with the brush you can get some out and lay them where you want on the nail. Every nail will look different, that's just the nature of "whirled away." It indeed is a very interesting polish, and I do think it could be worn alone and not solely used for layering over colors. One of the coolest ones in my stash!