October 30, 2014 | 1329 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Boudoir Eyes Shadow Collection

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the packaging of this product being in a tin that snaps closed (I'm always afraid Naked 1 palette will open when I travel). The person below me said it has no mirror, but if you take out the little paper with instructions on how to do some looks with the eye shadows, voila, a mirror. The little look book is handy, although all 3 looks are done with 1 grouping of 3 shadows across, so after a quick read you won't need it.

The reason I only gave this a 1 overall though is because of the pigment. I have tried with several different eye primers and without any primers. The 3 biggest colors seem to be to highlight (generally the look book has you sweep these shades from lash to brow) but all I really see is glitter. The middle 3 shades (generally look book has you sweep over lid and/or crease and/or tear duct) barely show up. The 3 darkest shades (look book has you use them on outer part of lid or to line) show up the best, but I had a lot of fallout onto my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: This palette is housed in a cute pink metal snap shut case. There is no mirror on the inside which I dislike. There are 9 shadows in this palette ranging from light shimmers to dark glitters.

Cost: This palette cost $36 dollars at Ulta. You are paying for 9 shadows.

Wearbility: This palette has beautiful shades perfect for a purple smokey eye. For reference I have dark brown eyes and have found purples to work well with them. While I love the colors I have found that I experience a bit of fall out from the shimmer and glitter in this palette which is disappointing. The shadows themselves are very soft and buttery and apply beautifully.

Overall thoughts: While I love the colors I just find them to not wear well on my eyelids. I still use some of the shades individually for a wash of color on my eyes verses creating a smokey eye.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Very pretty colors
+Mix of matte and shimmer
+Nice tin packaging
+Works best for cooler skin tones, but works for warm skin tones too.

Cons:
-No mirror
-Magnet enclosure which some may not like
-No brush

This palette can create very pretty looks. I recommend this for people who like taupe, grey, purple eye looks. I have medium-tan skin and this works very well, although I imagine it works best on cooler skin tones.

Review of each shadow:

Shadows in the large pans:
1. In the buff - very white matte shadow. Works great as a brow bone highlight
2. Satin Sheets. My absolute favorite color in the palette. It looks pink in the pan, but applied looks more of an oyster, champagne color. This color makes this palette worth buying. It is my HG color for the inner corners of my eye. It catches the light incredibly. It brightens and applies beautifully. Satin sheets is one with a large pan in the palette, which is great because it is my most used color.
3. Birthday suit - a unique beige shimmery color. Very pretty over the lid or as a highlight

Shadows in the smaller pans:
4. Fuzzy handcuffs - matte beige. Not very pigmented and doesn't appear on my lids, even with a base underneath
5. Vloulez-vous - dark shimmer purple. Great in the outer corner for a more intense smokey look
6. Sugar walls - my second favorite color. A pretty light mauve purple with silver glitter. It is a very pretty lid color.
7. Garter belt - matte grey. Could be used in the crease or to make a smokey eye. Better for cooler skin tones. Looks odd on my medium tan skin.
8. Lap dance - taupe mauve shimmery color. Great for the crease. Reminds me of Mac's satin taupe.
9. French Tickler - Shimmery black. Great for creating an intense night look. For a personal preference, I prefer matte black so I do not use this much.

Overall, I like all the colors in the palette. Since I have medium skin, I prefer a palette with more warm brown colors. However, my sister has medium skin and loves the taupe-purple look. She uses this everyday. If you like the taupe purple look, I would recommend this.

I also have the Naked 2, which also has taupe colors. I like both for different reasons, so it depends what colors you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette has been my favorite palette for almost a year (and I just bought Naked 3)! It's awesome, especially for fair-skinned girls. Here's why I say so:

Over Too Faced Shadow Insurance, these shadows are nicely pigmented and stay on all day...into the next day (if you happen to fall asleep with your makeup on, you'll find this out)...probably forever. They stay exactly the same on your eyes. They blend so easily together - I've gotten many compliments on the looks in this palette!

The best thing about Too Faced's eye palettes is they bother to tell you what will look great together if you don't have time to experiment or don't like making guesses! I wear the "Day" look most often out of this palette, and I think it looks so incredibly natural and soft. I also love the "Classic" look and wear that one quite often, too. Too Faced's "Fashion" looks are often a little wild for me, but I like this one.

The price is good for the amount of product you get, and I love the tin packaging. The price per shadow is actually less than those in any Naked palette. I am running low on both "Day" and "Classic" looks...and I will absolutely be rebuying this palette. It is different enough than the Natural Eye palette, that you could own both (I do)! The first two looks I actually think are well suited for work...and if you're doing happy hour after, just add a cat-eye!

I'm a HUGE Too Faced fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

After a few months with this palette, I'm less than impressed with it. At first, I was quite excited because it looked like it had a lot of greige, greyish, taupe-y eyeshadows that are rare in palettes. However, while the quality of the eyeshadow is fine (good pigmentation, not chalky, etc.), the finish on my eyes was less than stellar. Almost all the eyeshadows in this palette looked frosty! They definitely went on a bit lighter than they looked in the pan, so I couldn't get a soft, smokey eye at all. The finish didn't look flattering on my hooded, crease-y lids and the colors were meh my warm NC25 skin. I think if this palette contained less shimmer and more matte or satin-finish eyeshadows in the same colors, it'd be a lot more impressive.

On the bright side, Too Faced has condensed the packaging of their "____ Eye" palettes and this one is now in a skinnier, metal container, which is MUCH more travel-friendly than their cardboard packaging earlier. That was a great improvement. I just wish I liked the colors a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite Too Faced palettes as I am I hoarder collector of all palettes. Bourdoir eyes is the perfect name as Bourdoir means to be sulky as these shades create such a sexy look. I think you really have to know how to apply makeup for this to be successful and do it justice. Beautiful shades, some matte and some pigmented. You can go basic and soft or deep and smokey. It gives that natural variety. Not a bad price for what it gives you and everything about this palette did not disappoint me. The only thing I could ask for all of the Too Faced eye collections is to make the brow highlight colors in the smaller squares and put the deeper shades in the bigger squares as we don't use much of them as they are just used for a highlight. Love Too Faced!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Clearly I've had a much more positive experience with this palette than the other reviewers. I became obsessed with having the shade "Voulez-vous" - a deep, smokey purple/grey - and couldn't find an exact dupe of it anywhere so eventually broke down and bought this palette. For starters, the packaging is sturdy, easy to use and practical - a small metal tin (rather than bulky cardboard) that closes securely and opens easily. And, yes, several of the colours are light, sheer and even very similar in colour but this is typical of many of TF's 9 pan palettes. But the less noticeable shades can be made more intense by using a coloured base and the shades Voulez-vous, Lap Dance, Birthday Suit and Garter Belt are such great and flattering shades that work together really well. "In the Buff" is the perfect "almost matte but not really flat" brow highlighter. I am really happy with this palette. I fear that if I use up any one shade in it (not that this has EVER happened to me yet), it's likely to be Voulez-vous and then I'll have to repurchase the entire palette just for that one shade. But I like it so much, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

How I wanted to love this product! Like another reviewer, the promo pic is what made me really want to get this palette. It was my first Too Faced product. Beautiful colors - no complaints about the selection. The quality of these shadows are comparable to Nyx, moderate pigmentation and moderate to heavy fallout. French Tickler is useless. Looks so beautiful for an hour or two and then suddenly it leaves my eyes. I used the Lorac Primer and Urban Decay makeup setting spray and it still was gone after two hours. I will not be purchasing Too Faced shadows again.

Go with BM Ready shadows, or UD Naked.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

When I first got this, I thought it was amazing. The colors(mostly) were so creamy and pigmented. The best colors in the palette are Sugar Walls, Voulez-Vous, and French Tickler. In The Buff is the worst - it's very chalky, has lots of fallout, and goes on the eye inconsistently.

I would NOT recommend this product because
1) It is expensive, at least in my opinion, for what you are getting.
2) The colors are very pretty but very standard - Sugar Walls, Pillow Talk, and Satin Sheets all look virtually the same on the eye.
3) If you already have a medium, even small eyeshadow collection, you probably have at least one or several of the colors in the palette.

I would recommend that if you use the eyeshadows to have a very strong eye primer as some colors like In The Buff and French Tickler can have a lot of fallout. Oh, and to do your foundation last just in case you get fallout on your face. :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In Ulta, this palette looked gorgeous. I'll admit, the promo pic is what enticed me to buy it. She had this gorgeous purple-grey smokey eye going on which insinuated that you could recreate that look with this palette. How wrong I was in assuming that...The colors are beautiful, but most of them are SO SHEER. I am NC20, so everything should be able to show up on me. I had to keep applying layers of the e/s so that it would show up, and then it just became a powdery mess. I will say the black sparkly eyeshadow is gorgeous though. Another thing I hate about these too Faced palettes is that there's so much fallout. The concept is great..a soft purply gray smokey eye.. but in reality it just does not translate onto my eyelids. I think if you're into the natural look you might like this palette. I returned it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No