October 23, 2014 | 1415 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a wonderful powder! I love it far more than my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. I wear this powder in shade 173. What I was looking for is a powder that is sheer that I can wear over concealer (hiding dark undereye circles) that wouldn't look too obvious. It really brightened my complexion and did exactly what I wanted it to do. The problem is the oil that appeared despite my primer (Clinique) and I blotted to the point of using 4 E:F blotting papers. Very annoying to have the oil issue. I will continue to use. Very happy thus far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally bought this as a highlighter, but I use it for a nice finish to my liquid foundation.
Leaves your skin silky smooth, and hides pores and any streaky concealer/foundation lines.

Comes in a variey of specific shades so you will always be able to find your match.

The price is too high for my liking, however, being a fan of Make Up Forever and knowing the quality of their products, I spoiled myself.
One could probably find a cheaper alternative, but I'm sure this product will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this while on holiday in the US - unfortunately Make Up For Ever isn't available in Australia. I have only used this dry with a brush - I've heard it goes on very cakey if applied dry with the sponge included in the compact. On the other hand it's supposed to go on very nicely applied with a wet sponge - I may or may not ever get around to trying that as I'm pretty happy using it with a brush. This is not my every day powder, I tend to use it more for special nights out. I might try the Duo Mat before deciding if I want to keep using this powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looked great going on but after an hour it was sliding off my face and caused a greasy orange mess!!!! Never will I try it again. Make up For Ever is always getting such great reviews but I haven't had any luck with any of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by blairreebear

THE BEST EVER, I have acne prone skin and aside from the normal break out here and there this gives me coverage and I don't worry about break outs because of it. My suggestion is you don't need a lot a little goes a long way otherwise sometimes it makes my skin look dry but it's rare just have the right application in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by estherchewyy

Today I'm into my 1st day of trying out this product. This product has been much raved about for quite awhile and since I just gotten my hands on the HD foundation, I thought I might as well get a compact since my current one is depleting soon too! My only issue with compact powder previously was the very fake and cakey look after I touched up. It's like powder right slapped onto my face. Just 5 minutes ago, I blotted my face and touched up the powder and oh boy, my face looked very natural! I am a longwear consumer so touching up is very important to me. I can really understand the rave about this product. I liked its packaging too for the fact that it is very compact and easy to fit into my already-fat make-up pouch . The only downside for me was that it doesn't do much on my oil control but to solve that, I just got to dust on the microfinish powder also from MUFE. it would be perfect if I could combine the effect of the compact together with the finish power. Nonetheless, it is a good buy that I don't regret. I only regret not trying this sooner. U ladies should really try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I recently started using the HD Liquid Foundation in 123 and got the 120 in the Pro Finish Multi-Use. I have taken a flash photo and it wasnt so bad no flash backs but the powder might have been a tad light cuz I could see some contrast from my neck and chin... not extreme just slight contrast. I liked the packaging, the product is very finely milled and it goes on like a dream. The only problem I have is it made me realize how oily my skin used to be. I used to use MACs Blotting Powder to set and oil control.... found a really good copy in Rimmel Silky Biege 005 and this powder was cheap... keeps my face decently mattified for a good amount of time (I probably touch up once or twice on a 12HR shift--and my face isnt even that bad when I do the touch ups... mainly just the T-Zone). My point is, since I started using the Pro Finish... my skin looked like an oil slick in 3-4HR time. I understand that the HD Liquid doesnt have oil control in it but when I used the Rimmel Powder it kept the oils at bay... what a shame. I'll use this still but in combination with my Rimmel for my T-Zones. It cost about CA$42 I even got my mum her own and she loves it cuz her skin is slightly on the dry-normal side.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this while looking for a summertime powder foundation. I got shade 140 which was a good match. I usually apply this with a kabuki, either MAC or an angled one I got from Coastal Scents. I feel like this didn't last, provided only light coverage, and didn't prevent me from getting shiny after a few hours. This was very disappointing, considering the price. I later purchased a Shiseido one which has a high SPF and performs much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Well... after 2 months of use it did not break me out. good thing. But did it really give me any coverage? No. I used it wet. I used it dry. I tried different application methods. I honestly did not feel it was worth the hefty price. If you really wanted coverage, you'd have to put a lot on. It doesn't work over concealer so you have to put the concealer over it. I returned it. Why suffer with poor coverage? It wasn't a bad product, don't get me wrong... if your skin is good and you need some pep, this will be perfect. Any acne? Any scarring? not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

this been my holy grail powder foundation since i bought it 2 months ago! give me a flawless natural look! coverage is just what i like love it! doesnt oxidize on me