October 24, 2014 | 1046 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder! My skin is very oil, prone to a few small breakouts and covered in old acne scars. This powder gives me exactly the coverage I need while still making it look like i have no makeup on. I get so many compliments on my skin when I where this powder on it's own, and I NEVER get compliments on my complexion. Problem areas are obviously still going to show through (that's what concealer's for!) but pro finish does an excellent job of evening out my scarred up areas without caking. It doesn't control oil throughout the day, but I've accepted the fact that no powder in the world is going to keep me from getting oily (and I've tried them all). I am definitely shiny by the end of the day, but not a complete oil slick, and the finish still looks decent. I usually apply it with a flat top brush and pounce it around areas I need more coverage, then I buff a little to even it out. The application process is definitely faster than my usual bb cream/tinted moisturizer + translucent powder combo I've used for years. Can't say how it applies with the sponge it comes with as I lost it on the first day but I've never managed to over apply the product the brush, so I can't imagine it going cakey with a sponge. I've tried it over my usual foundation as well and the finish tends to look a little more cakey at the end of the day but the initial finish is beautiful. If you have skin that's oily, is a little uneven, needs a bit of coverage but you still want to be able to see your skin, then I think this product works AMAZINGLY well. If you're looking for a finishing powder that will add coverage to a foundation for a more opaque look, this product might not perform as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a wonderful powder! I love it far more than my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. I wear this powder in shade 173. What I was looking for is a powder that is sheer that I can wear over concealer (hiding dark undereye circles) that wouldn't look too obvious. It really brightened my complexion and did exactly what I wanted it to do. The problem is the oil that appeared despite my primer (Clinique) and I blotted to the point of using 4 E:F blotting papers. Very annoying to have the oil issue. I will continue to use. Very happy thus far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally bought this as a highlighter, but I use it for a nice finish to my liquid foundation.
Leaves your skin silky smooth, and hides pores and any streaky concealer/foundation lines.

Comes in a variey of specific shades so you will always be able to find your match.

The price is too high for my liking, however, being a fan of Make Up Forever and knowing the quality of their products, I spoiled myself.
One could probably find a cheaper alternative, but I'm sure this product will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this while on holiday in the US - unfortunately Make Up For Ever isn't available in Australia. I have only used this dry with a brush - I've heard it goes on very cakey if applied dry with the sponge included in the compact. On the other hand it's supposed to go on very nicely applied with a wet sponge - I may or may not ever get around to trying that as I'm pretty happy using it with a brush. This is not my every day powder, I tend to use it more for special nights out. I might try the Duo Mat before deciding if I want to keep using this powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looked great going on but after an hour it was sliding off my face and caused a greasy orange mess!!!! Never will I try it again. Make up For Ever is always getting such great reviews but I haven't had any luck with any of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by blairreebear

THE BEST EVER, I have acne prone skin and aside from the normal break out here and there this gives me coverage and I don't worry about break outs because of it. My suggestion is you don't need a lot a little goes a long way otherwise sometimes it makes my skin look dry but it's rare just have the right application in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by estherchewyy

Today I'm into my 1st day of trying out this product. This product has been much raved about for quite awhile and since I just gotten my hands on the HD foundation, I thought I might as well get a compact since my current one is depleting soon too! My only issue with compact powder previously was the very fake and cakey look after I touched up. It's like powder right slapped onto my face. Just 5 minutes ago, I blotted my face and touched up the powder and oh boy, my face looked very natural! I am a longwear consumer so touching up is very important to me. I can really understand the rave about this product. I liked its packaging too for the fact that it is very compact and easy to fit into my already-fat make-up pouch . The only downside for me was that it doesn't do much on my oil control but to solve that, I just got to dust on the microfinish powder also from MUFE. it would be perfect if I could combine the effect of the compact together with the finish power. Nonetheless, it is a good buy that I don't regret. I only regret not trying this sooner. U ladies should really try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I recently started using the HD Liquid Foundation in 123 and got the 120 in the Pro Finish Multi-Use. I have taken a flash photo and it wasnt so bad no flash backs but the powder might have been a tad light cuz I could see some contrast from my neck and chin... not extreme just slight contrast. I liked the packaging, the product is very finely milled and it goes on like a dream. The only problem I have is it made me realize how oily my skin used to be. I used to use MACs Blotting Powder to set and oil control.... found a really good copy in Rimmel Silky Biege 005 and this powder was cheap... keeps my face decently mattified for a good amount of time (I probably touch up once or twice on a 12HR shift--and my face isnt even that bad when I do the touch ups... mainly just the T-Zone). My point is, since I started using the Pro Finish... my skin looked like an oil slick in 3-4HR time. I understand that the HD Liquid doesnt have oil control in it but when I used the Rimmel Powder it kept the oils at bay... what a shame. I'll use this still but in combination with my Rimmel for my T-Zones. It cost about CA$42 I even got my mum her own and she loves it cuz her skin is slightly on the dry-normal side.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this while looking for a summertime powder foundation. I got shade 140 which was a good match. I usually apply this with a kabuki, either MAC or an angled one I got from Coastal Scents. I feel like this didn't last, provided only light coverage, and didn't prevent me from getting shiny after a few hours. This was very disappointing, considering the price. I later purchased a Shiseido one which has a high SPF and performs much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Well... after 2 months of use it did not break me out. good thing. But did it really give me any coverage? No. I used it wet. I used it dry. I tried different application methods. I honestly did not feel it was worth the hefty price. If you really wanted coverage, you'd have to put a lot on. It doesn't work over concealer so you have to put the concealer over it. I returned it. Why suffer with poor coverage? It wasn't a bad product, don't get me wrong... if your skin is good and you need some pep, this will be perfect. Any acne? Any scarring? not for you.