September 2, 2014 | 1514 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally bought this as a highlighter, but I use it for a nice finish to my liquid foundation.
Leaves your skin silky smooth, and hides pores and any streaky concealer/foundation lines.

Comes in a variey of specific shades so you will always be able to find your match.

The price is too high for my liking, however, being a fan of Make Up Forever and knowing the quality of their products, I spoiled myself.
One could probably find a cheaper alternative, but I'm sure this product will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this while on holiday in the US - unfortunately Make Up For Ever isn't available in Australia. I have only used this dry with a brush - I've heard it goes on very cakey if applied dry with the sponge included in the compact. On the other hand it's supposed to go on very nicely applied with a wet sponge - I may or may not ever get around to trying that as I'm pretty happy using it with a brush. This is not my every day powder, I tend to use it more for special nights out. I might try the Duo Mat before deciding if I want to keep using this powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looked great going on but after an hour it was sliding off my face and caused a greasy orange mess!!!! Never will I try it again. Make up For Ever is always getting such great reviews but I haven't had any luck with any of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by blairreebear

THE BEST EVER, I have acne prone skin and aside from the normal break out here and there this gives me coverage and I don't worry about break outs because of it. My suggestion is you don't need a lot a little goes a long way otherwise sometimes it makes my skin look dry but it's rare just have the right application in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by estherchewyy

Today I'm into my 1st day of trying out this product. This product has been much raved about for quite awhile and since I just gotten my hands on the HD foundation, I thought I might as well get a compact since my current one is depleting soon too! My only issue with compact powder previously was the very fake and cakey look after I touched up. It's like powder right slapped onto my face. Just 5 minutes ago, I blotted my face and touched up the powder and oh boy, my face looked very natural! I am a longwear consumer so touching up is very important to me. I can really understand the rave about this product. I liked its packaging too for the fact that it is very compact and easy to fit into my already-fat make-up pouch . The only downside for me was that it doesn't do much on my oil control but to solve that, I just got to dust on the microfinish powder also from MUFE. it would be perfect if I could combine the effect of the compact together with the finish power. Nonetheless, it is a good buy that I don't regret. I only regret not trying this sooner. U ladies should really try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I recently started using the HD Liquid Foundation in 123 and got the 120 in the Pro Finish Multi-Use. I have taken a flash photo and it wasnt so bad no flash backs but the powder might have been a tad light cuz I could see some contrast from my neck and chin... not extreme just slight contrast. I liked the packaging, the product is very finely milled and it goes on like a dream. The only problem I have is it made me realize how oily my skin used to be. I used to use MACs Blotting Powder to set and oil control.... found a really good copy in Rimmel Silky Biege 005 and this powder was cheap... keeps my face decently mattified for a good amount of time (I probably touch up once or twice on a 12HR shift--and my face isnt even that bad when I do the touch ups... mainly just the T-Zone). My point is, since I started using the Pro Finish... my skin looked like an oil slick in 3-4HR time. I understand that the HD Liquid doesnt have oil control in it but when I used the Rimmel Powder it kept the oils at bay... what a shame. I'll use this still but in combination with my Rimmel for my T-Zones. It cost about CA$42 I even got my mum her own and she loves it cuz her skin is slightly on the dry-normal side.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this while looking for a summertime powder foundation. I got shade 140 which was a good match. I usually apply this with a kabuki, either MAC or an angled one I got from Coastal Scents. I feel like this didn't last, provided only light coverage, and didn't prevent me from getting shiny after a few hours. This was very disappointing, considering the price. I later purchased a Shiseido one which has a high SPF and performs much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Well... after 2 months of use it did not break me out. good thing. But did it really give me any coverage? No. I used it wet. I used it dry. I tried different application methods. I honestly did not feel it was worth the hefty price. If you really wanted coverage, you'd have to put a lot on. It doesn't work over concealer so you have to put the concealer over it. I returned it. Why suffer with poor coverage? It wasn't a bad product, don't get me wrong... if your skin is good and you need some pep, this will be perfect. Any acne? Any scarring? not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

this been my holy grail powder foundation since i bought it 2 months ago! give me a flawless natural look! coverage is just what i like love it! doesnt oxidize on me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by whyujin

This is a great foundation powder, and after trying out countless high-end foundations (mostly liquid type) I've reached the conclusion that for my type of skin, delicate sensitive dry on the surface but prone to break outs and sebum...that powder products look better than liquids. I thought this type of pact foundation was oh-so old school, which is why I think I hadn't thought to look at the new offerings for close to 10 years or so now. But oh well, I'm really glad I gave this chance, better late than never!

BTW I'm really into watching beauty routines on youtube, and although countless beauty gurus swear by liquid formulations using a beauty blender or foundation brush...professing to have a "flawless" finish afterwards, I was never able to achieve that effect.

So after buying 3-4 foundation brushes/beauty blender (curiously enough I don't get the beauty blender either...it does nothing special for me) and using any one of my arsenal of liquid foundations (Armani/Estee Lauder/Makeupforever/BobbiBrown) with just so so results that always shifted and looked off in just a matter of minutes after application, I tried this pro finish powder...and wow, my skin looks clean for once! And it doesn't shift at all...and covers pores like a snap!

I have lightish Asian skin that's getting darker with age, and I got matched with the 113 (this is SEOUL though, I'd probably not have been matched to something this light if I were in the US or something) and it gives me just enough of a brightening affect without looking like a mask.

I'm now truly over liquid foundations, and love this enough that I have one for my bathroom to use in the mornings and one to tote around everywhere. Hope this helps someone who's had less than "flawless" results using liquids...!