October 25, 2014 | 953 users online

Lipstick - Too Faced - La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in "I Want Candy"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MES

I received this in a swap and was initially hesitant about the shade. My coloration varies a lot seasonally in the winter months I am just slightly lighter than NC15, but I can get pretty tan in the summer. I Want Candy is a bright medium pink, but it's not a loud over powering shade. The shade is definitely warm, but doesn't pull orange which is a problem I have with some lip colors. I love the feel of this on this lips, it's so smooth and comfortable. The feel is the best of any lip color I have tried, its not at all drying. There is a faint scent but I didn't find it bothersome. Being a traditional lipstick, don't expect a lot of wear out of this so if you eat or drink it will probably need reapplied.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by buhsayd

This color is the perfect way to wear a "red" lip or bold color, without going over the top. It's bright enough just to make your complexion radiant, but not so much that it wouldn't be appropriate for work. It's also very buildable so if you have fuller lips, you can wear it as a pretty stain instead of full on opaque. The formula is also fantastic, very hydrating and lasts throughout the day. I only wear sheer creamy lipsticks and this beats Dior Addict and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine!

I would strongly recommend this color to Asian women as one of those rare bold colors that's universally flattering. This should definitely be in your collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Two weeks before buying this, I bought Clinique Chubby Stick and I fell in love with it, so much that I always wore it, also at home. I expected La Creme to be even better because of the peptides and because of the amazing reviews.
Well, it is good, but not as good as I expected.
The scent, a sort of lemon vanilla, is very subtle and yummy. The colour is a flattering coral pink that can look more red or pink depending on the colour of the lips and of the lip liner I use. When I use Too Faced Lip liner in Perfect Nude it looks more rosy, with deeper liners it has more an orange hue.

It is moisturizing, but not as good as Clinique. My problem with this is that it is too slippery in a greasy way, it doesnít stick to the lips forming a silky coating like some good lipsticks I loved from EL, Guerlain or Givenchy, but it gathers into the lines and it feathers all over my lips looking unflattering. In order to make it work I have to first use a lip liner and then apply this lipstick in thin layers with a brush or to Ďmassage ití into the skin with my fingertip. This is not something I can apply on the go without a mirror, like for instance Clinique Chubby Stick.
The look is smooth or pasty depending on the condition of my lips. After a while it starts to look cakey, dry and to highlight my lines and my flakes while the colour fades leaving an uneven stain. If I reapply it, the colour becomes garish so I have to tone it down and moisturize with some lip balm.

I will keep using it but Iím not particularly in love with it. This is another product from Too Faced that it is very disappointing. They have a good marketing and appealing packaging but they should ketch up with quality as well, considering the price range they position themselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Want Candy is a medium, warm rose pink - very pretty and wearable. It's got the same fantastic (vegan!) formula and gorgeous packaging as the rest of the La Cremes. This shade in particular is very similar to the limited edition shade, Believe, that appeared in one of Too Faced's christmas collections - Believe is just the tiniest bit peachier, while I Want Candy is very slightly more pink. The difference is incredibly subtle, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love I Want Candy! I own this color as well as Loganberry and I have to say that the La Creme lipsticks might be my new favorite formula!

I want Candy is a beautiful shade. On Sephora's website, it is described as "raspberry rose." This definitely pulls rose on me, but I would describe it as rose along with a nude pink tone to it, if that makes sense! For reference, I'm around NW15. My lips are not super pigmented and typically do not change the appearance of lipsticks.

The formula is fantastic. It's definitely a more moisturizing formula with some slip, so matte lovers may not appreciate it as much. My lips feel very comfortable whenever I have this on and are in good shape whenever I remove it. The color goes on quite opaque and has good staying power, considering how moisturizing this is! Granted, this doesn't last as long as matte formulas and such, but I can sip and eat without the need to touch up. My favorite thing about this lipstick though is that even whenever it begins to fade and wear off, it still leaves behind a soft stain. This is perfect for those times when I don't have the opportunity to reapply. Even though I can feel it wearing off, I know that I still have a soft gorgeous color left.

Love the packaging...the gold tube is not only sturdy but luxurious looking. I frequently toss this in my purse and the cap always stays put. I can't speak for how this will hold up warmer climates since I just recently purchased this. I definitely wouldn't leave it in your car on a hot day as I can see this melting easily.

These run at $21. More expensive than I'd like, but I have paid more for other lipsticks and would gladly shell out the cash again for more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome pigmentation, very moisturizing and stays put well withnice gold packaging, what more can I girl want in a lipstick? This colour is very pretty, shows up as a mix between rose and pink on my lips and its very flattering especially with bronzey eyes.

I wore it on Chinese New Year and got lots of compliments from my relatives. For reference I am NC 30 with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To get right to the point here, this is probably the best pink lipstick I've ever owned. A super flattering "candy" pink without any odd tones to it. (Actually, it reminds me of the same color as the packaging of Prada Candy perfume.) It's not the kind of pink lipstick that is tricky to pair with the rest of your makeup. The formula is a-mazing; very richly pigmented and moisturizing but with great staying power. Taste is pleasant and Too Faced always seems to achieve ultra- feminine packaging for their usually high quality makeup products. I really and truly have nothing bad to say here. I looked long and hard for a pink shade as perfect as this!